Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2020, 15:03   #241
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

In a pic above i can see a Nexon with Steel rims but projectors. Have projectors been made standard?
Also, is there any after market solution to install a rear AC vent / Air blower if i was to buy an XMA variant?
Old 21st January 2020, 15:09   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
In a pic above i can see a Nexon with Steel rims but projectors. Have projectors been made standard?
Also, is there any after market solution to install a rear AC vent / Air blower if i was to buy an XMA variant?
Even in current model - projectors are available in XZ with steel wheels.

As for the face-lift - yes the projector headlamps with DRL have been made standard from base trim. I believe it became cheaper to have a standard part across trims - since the front turn indicators are now embedded into the DRL strips. Anyway people want DRLs now and it does make the car look good, hence the decision I believe.

No - there is no reliable way to install plumbing for cooled air to the back of the cabin without voiding warranty. And it can never be efficient if done aftermarket.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 19:43   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
No cruise control or anything on the RHS except the horn button on what looks like an XZ+.
Isn't there a variant above the xz+? If i remember correctly, it is XZ+(O), right?

I think only that has cruise control with auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 23:31   #244
BANNED

• Nexon facelift to get e-SIM which needs activation at dealer level.
  • Connected car technology in Nexon to be called iRA.
  • Nexon facelift gets two new optional variants/trims XZ+(O) and XZA+(O).
Source
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:08   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
  • Nexon facelift to get e-SIM which needs activation at dealer level.
[list][*]Connected car technology in Nexon to be called iRA.
I wonder if the remote start/stop feature is available or not. Should be available for the automatic, certainly, i hope.

Also, if i remember correctly, venue offers its connectivity features free of cost for 1 or 2 years. Hope they do the same here.
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:57   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Not sure if someone tried this,

https://www.amazon.in/VOL-Portable-B...656342&sr=8-17
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:28   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So pictures of the Nexon face-lifts at factory & dealer yards have started trickling in. As I had anticipated & many had also seen on mules - the face-lift is coming with Tiago-like center console & not the one from Altroz. What on earth resulted in this decision I wouldn't even want to know.

Individual choices, but I find the old model more proportionate.
Especially in the white shade - the blacked out C pillar is reminding instantly of the Tata BOLT.
Was waiting for the Facelift, to get the cleaner looking front end and the Altroz steering wheel. Didn't care much about the instrument cluster. Old one or the Altroz one, didn't matter. The Altroz one, even with the Ashok Leyland speedo shape looked decent in real life. Also the EV was sporting the new one.

But Tata went out and put the crappy looking Tiago digital cluster in it.
Couple of reasons maybe
1. Since Nexon is established, they could afford to go halfway, instead of going full on with the Altroz instrument cluster.
2. Standout EV feature, and a small heads up for the Altroz.
3. Anyway the future Alfa based platforms will get the new steering wheel and instrument cluster as standard till we cry 'please Tata, change it'. So until then, they want to have complete ROI for the crappy Tiago unit. So plonk it on the best seller. Anyway masses will be pleased with anything 'digital'.

Agree , especially in side view, the old one looks proportionate than the new one, clean front end styling not withstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
They have retained that white ceramic strip in the facelift and I hate it. The White color probably hides it with a gray strip. Looks like a full digital cluster as well. Hope it looks better in person.
Seems like an integral part of their Nexon design language.
More than my dislike for the strip, it's the apprehension for its long term durability. Will wager it will fade in the long run or get chipped
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:34   #248
BANNED

Tata Nexon facelift launched at Rs 6.95L for petrol, Rs 8.45L for diesel

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-nextlevel.png

The updated Tata Nexon will be available with both BS6 petrol and diesel engine options. The electric variant will be launched on 28th Jan.
Quote:
At an event in Mumbai, Tata Motors launched the 2020 update of the Nexon. The base petrol trim has been priced from Rs 6.95 lakhs, and diesel base is priced from Rs 8.45 lakhs, ex-sh prices. The price hike compared to the previous model is justified as with the update, Tata has brought in BS6 motors, modified the looks of the SUV and increased the features on offer.
Source

Last edited by wheelguy : 22nd January 2020 at 14:37.
wheelguy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:34   #249
BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-imageresizer-15.jpeg

Tata has launched the Nexon facelift with prices ranging from Rs 6.95 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 8.45 lakh for diesel version. Compared to the model it replaces, the updated petrol compact SUV is priced at a premium of about Rs 22,000, though prices for the diesels start Rs 56,000 higher.

Source
SpideyBoy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:56   #250
BHPian

I find it a bit weird that nexon is getting the e-sim and other connected technologies while altroz which is also launched on the same day isn't, when there's not much price difference between the two.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:39   #251
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon facelift launched at Rs 6.95L for petrol, Rs 8.45L for diesel

Great update and decent pricing as well. I think the price hike is well worth since they have added quite a lot of new features into the BS6 version of the Nexon.

I feel the new design is more mature as well. At least for me, the front design is more appealing than the outgoing model.

Here are some of the new features that we will get:
  • electric sunroof
  • cornering fog lamps
  • rain-sensing wipers
  • tire pressure monitoring system
  • telematics services
  • Xpress Cool feature

More about the updates can be read here: www.cardekho.com

R-Six
R-Six is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:44   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon facelift launched at Rs 6.95L for petrol, Rs 8.45L for diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post

Here are some of the new features that we will get:
  • electric sunroof
  • cornering fog lamps
  • rain-sensing wipers
  • tire pressure monitoring system
  • telematics services
  • Xpress Cool feature
Excellent updates and the new face looks mature as well. The earlier design was too polarising for me. This will surely widen the appeal and should reflect in the sales figure.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:48   #253
BHPian

Tata had an opportunity to up the game by launching a perfect facelift to a well established product. I really liked the timeless looks of the original Nexon, but the facelift looks like a step down from the previous gen.

Personally, I've never liked full digital instrument clusters. At the bare minimum, the tachometer should be analog dial. (please Tata, please!)

Those silver accents around the fog lamps and the piano black front facia just take away the looks of the original Nexon.

Also, most CSUVs will make highway runs; how can you not give cruise control on a vehicle costing 10+lakhs. (XZ/XZ+)

Right now, the choice between Nexon/Altroz looks like a compromise one way or the other. You can always trust Tata to screw up in terms of product strategy!

At this price point, my XUV3OO looks like a bargain. I'm glad I decided not to wait for this facelift
Old 22nd January 2020, 16:01   #254
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Now Launched starting Rs 6.95 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Tata had an opportunity to up the game by launching a perfect facelift to a well established product. I really liked the timeless looks of the original Nexon, but the facelift looks like a step down from the previous gen.
You did not call Nexon's design timeless!

I own a Nexon, but that's the word I would last use to describe my car. Funky and colorful are more appropriate terms IMO. I personally would have liked the front looks of the facelift. But I would still keep the interior of the outgoing model, with its all black interior and steering wheel etc.
prakash_ajp is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 16:42   #255
BHPian

Here's a side by side video comparison of the Old Nexon vs Nexon Facelift

ATRONIX is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed