Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 15:48   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

I spotted a Tectonic Blue Tata Nexon facelift parked near my place yesterday. It had temporary plates on. So I guess deliveries have started. The new headlight design makes it look very premium indeed.

Edit - Just spoke to the dealership here regarding the automatic Harrier and asked about the deliveries of the Nexon. The salesperson confirmed that the deliveries of the new Nexon have started in Cochin.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th February 2020 at 06:46. Reason: Typo corrected. Thanks.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 04:24   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlaankush View Post
When you say top end petrol was it xz+ or xz+(o)?
I spoke to my SA and there is indeed an availability issue for top end single tone variant. Dual tone top end is readily available here at Jaipur and he says that dispatch of DT top end is also happening on timely basis.

On the other hand, I was reading the owners manual and found out that this BS6 engine now needs 5W20 viscosity oil rather than 5W30. Won't this be too thin considering our harsh climate conditions?
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 15:51   #363
Senior - BHPian

I think it's 0w20 oil actually. It should be fine. Cars like our Dzire and surely the Swift already use it as the recommended oil grade since the last 2 years
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:52   #364
BHPian

Unless Tata dealers get their act together, it will not help Tata Motors sell Nexon. I had to visit the showroom 3 times just to get a test drive of the facelift Petrol Nexon. It does come with a power bump to 120PS. Whereas the Hyundai and Maruti folks have been so proactive in giving test drives and follow ups. 3 SAs I met at a Tata dealer did not bother to follow up.

I test drove the manual for about 25kms in traffic and on highways as well. I don't know, but the ride quality was very jiggly, the first and second gear was very jerky on releasing the clutch. There was a constant vibration on the accelerator pedal. The car had done just about 900kms. Overall mileage for this trip was showing 10.8kmpl.

Somehow I could not connect with the car and I have dropped it from list, unless things change for the better.
Old 6th March 2020, 12:57   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Unless Tata dealers get their act together, it will not help Tata Motors sell Nexon. I had to visit the showroom 3 times just to get a test drive of the facelift Petrol Nexon. It does come with a power bump to 120PS. Whereas the Hyundai and Maruti folks have been so proactive in giving test drives and follow ups. 3 SAs I met at a Tata dealer did not bother to follow up.
I'm not sure that problem lies only with Tata Motors Dealers. I recently booked a Tata Nexon. My dealer was still charging Handling and Logistic charges.

So to clarify about it, I sent an email to Tata Motors with three specific queries.
1. I understand 2 years warranty is standard with a new car. If I want to purchase additional 3 years warranty, what would it cost me also what would it incorporate?
2. My dealer has informed me about one year AMC. Can i purchase AMC for one year only or can I purchase it for a longer period of time? What would AMC incorporate? What is cost of AMC?
3. Is it legal to charge handling and/ or logistical charges? If yes, what is the amount?

To my surprise, my query was forwarded by Tata Motors to concerned dealer. I'm not sure how a dealer can respond upon the policy issues of Tata Motors. The CSM of dealer was literally fighting with me over phone that they are supposed to answer this query and not Tata Motors.

I finally ended the call by saying do whatever you want to do.

But, now I'm seriously worried about booking a Tata car.

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2020 at 21:43. Reason: compacted
singlaankush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 13:44   #366
BANNED

Quote:
I'm not sure that problem lies only with Tata Motors Dealers. I recently booked a Tata Nexon. My dealer was still charging Handling and Logistic charges.
No need of headbanging, even Hyundai dealers are still charging the Handling & Logistic Charges, mentioned the same in the respective threads and there wasn't any reaction from anybody in those threads. But in Tata threads, it leads to loads of bashing.

Note, my post is not to support handling charges or offend any body but to say about the biases and contrasting reactions that I am seeing over the forum. Also note that I might be wrong.
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 15:25   #367
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure that problem lies only with Tata Motors Dealers. I recently booked a Tata Nexon. My dealer was still charging Handling and Logistic charges
I'm in touch with three different Tata dealers for booking new Nexon. So far no one mentioned about handling or logistics charge. So I believe, this depends on dealer you are in touch with.

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2020 at 21:44. Reason: compacted
Old 6th March 2020, 16:12   #368
BHPian

Both Prerana motors and KHT in Blr have mentioned a handling and logistics charge of Rs. 9500 in their quotes. This amount is the same across all their models. I am not sure why Tata does not crack down on this. Apart from it being unethical I am also concerned about the attitude of the dealers and the parent company. I had called the Tata helpline and they did not seem to be overly bothered about it. I suppose you have to haggle with them like you would with your local subziwala. Neither Kia or Hyundai had this sort of thing on their quotes. If you buy a base version Nexon the handling charge is about 1.37% of the ex-showroom price.

Last edited by Roy.S : 6th March 2020 at 16:15. Reason: Typo
Old 6th March 2020, 19:11   #369
BHPian

Quote:

So to clarify about it, I sent an email to Tata Motors with three specific queries.
1. I understand 2 years warranty is standard with a new car. If I want to purchase additional 3 years warranty, what would it cost me also what would it incorporate?
2. My dealer has informed me about one year AMC. Can i purchase AMC for one year only or can I purchase it for a longer period of time? What would AMC incorporate? What is cost of AMC?
3. Is it legal to charge handling and/ or logistical charges? If yes, what is the amount?
1. All your extended warranty related queries will be answered via this website. https://service.tatamotors.com/conte...ded-warranty-0
2. AMC details can be found here: https://service.tatamotors.com/content/value-care-amc
3. Handling charges can be waived off by negotiating at dealer level. I requested my dealer to waive off this charge and they obliged without any fuss. Charging this has become a standard practice amongst all dealers and nothing specifically related to Tata.

About the sales representative who was fighting with you, tell him politely that its you who is investing a million bucks in their product and if they are not interested in answering your questions, you'll happily take your business to a different dealer or a different brand all together. Buying a vehicle should be a pleasant experience and guess one should enjoy all steps involved in the process.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 20:29   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
3. Handling charges can be waived off by negotiating at dealer level....
The Blr dealer didn't seem keen on letting go of this and instead offered to give me a bill for the amount. I was told that they could get me a better deal on the insurance but I could get that by comparing quotes online. I did not book because I wanted to check with other dealers but this inflexible attitude is concerning.
Old 6th March 2020, 20:39   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
The Blr dealer didn't seem keen on letting go of this and instead offered to give me a bill for the amount.
Similar incident happened between me and the Toyota dealer when I brought my car. I was adamant about getting the handling charges waived but the SA told me that they have outsourced the registration process (taking the car to RTO for inspection, payment of fees and number plate fixing etc) to a 3rd party and hence it is something extra other than the ex-showroom and road tax amount. He gave me an option of not to pay handling charges and get the car registered myself or pay 5000+GST and the 3rd party will get everything done. He had given me a very sweet cash discount so I didn't want to miss out on the deal because of 5900Rs. True to his words, he gave me a GST invoice for the 'Service charge on registration'.

I believe the dealers have to pay some amount below the table to RTO for each car registered and in this slowdown even this tiny amount is affecting their margins and hence they are not removing it and few ethical dealers have even transferred the burden of registration to a 3rd party to avoid the hassle. We have to blame our babus for this handling charges rather than the dealer.
nagr22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 22:46   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
I believe the dealers have to pay some amount below the table to RTO for each car registered and in this slowdown even this tiny amount is affecting their margins and hence they are not removing it and few ethical dealers have even transferred the burden of registration to a 3rd party to avoid the hassle. We have to blame our babus for this handling charges rather than the dealer.
The charge you are referring to is registration fees that goes unaccounted for in the RTO receipt. This charge is usually in the range of 1000-2000 bucks and even I paid for it since most of the dealers have outsourced this process to agents. Handling charges are for bringing the cars from factory to dealerships and then covering up for costs till the delivery happens (fuel, washing and other misc stuff). This charge should not be passed on to the customer since vehicles are sold to us based on Ex-Showroom prices and not Ex-Factory. My suggestion is to go to a dealership, show your interest to book a car and lay down a condition that you will only book the vehicle if they are willing to waive off the handling charges.

Last edited by k.sumit : 6th March 2020 at 22:48.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 07:36   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
I'm in touch with three different Tata dealers for booking new Nexon. So far no one mentioned about handling or logistics charge. So I believe, this depends on dealer you are in touch with.

Hey could you please share the quotation or price list given to you by all the three dealers?
Old 7th March 2020, 15:17   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Hey could you please share the quotation or price list given to you by all the three dealers?
Here are the details from two dealers for petrol variant:

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img_20200307_150736.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img20200219wa0010.jpg

Third dealer from Palakkad also quoted similar. Only difference was in the insurance amount. He qouted around 27k for 1yr B2B + 2yr third party insurance for XMA petrol.
Old 10th March 2020, 22:16   #375
BHPian

I had booked Nexon petrol top end with option pack as soon as it was launched. Unfortunately due to a business trip i missed the first car that reached dealership stockyard though it was allocated to me. I was confident that instead of keeping the car dusting in stockyard for over 15 days, may be i could get a new one when i am back in Bangalore. So I gave freedom to the dealer to deliver this car to any other customer in queue and allot the next one for me. This turned out to be a mistake as i am still waiting for my car.

It seems due to COVID-19, Tata is facing severe issues with some parts and there is a reduction in factory output. Dealer keeps saying that he is not getting the new top end models at all. Today formally via email, he (manager of the dealership) committed that i will get my car delivered in next two weeks. Keeping fingers crossed!
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed