Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2020, 00:09   #406
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboOnTarmac View Post
Finally, after a long wait, my Nexon, 1.5D XZA (O), arrives home

It was really smooth delivery process as showroom as I had already done the PDI and released the payments 3 days ago.

Very happy to have 'Baloo' home

Felt like sharing this happy moment in life with my fellow BHP'ans.

Will share my experiences with Baloo periodically in future.
Congratulations!

Wish you many a happy kilometres in the new SUV!

Which variant of the Nexon did you purchase? What was the OTR price. Looking forward to a ownership thread from your end.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 00:31   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
I think Ford Ecosport also makes the cut on these two aspects. If you don't mind, can you let know why did you choose the Nexon over Ecosport?
For some reason, EcoSport did not click with us. All the test drives and evaluation happened late last year but few reasons I can think of now:
1. At this price point, Nexon seems more value for money. Felt more spacious and comfortable across both front and rear seats vis-a-vis EcoSport.
2. Our budget is strictly 10 lac OTR, and if I remember correctly, the EcoSport variant within this budget skipped on a few safely features like traction control (please correct if I am wrong).
3 Ford exiting India indicates some uncertainty
4. Heart is set on the foliage green colour that was added on the Nexon facelift
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 07:25   #408
BHPian

Hi,
Frankly I've been looking for a car upgrade since a year but then a year ago I bought a house and that postponed the car buying decision till I got comfortable with the EMI. Just before lockdown i sold my Ritz and now I desperately need a car.

My requirements:
1. Should be able to seat 5 in decent comfort.
2. A good GC would be preferred.
3. Should have good stock headlights setup.
4. HAS to be an automatic.
5. Features would be a good to have thing.
6. Budget of 10.2 lac OTR
7. Safety with a decent build quality.

When Brezza petrol bookings started, I had booked the VXI AT even knowing that it's a 4 speed TC. 80% of the times I drive with family so it's more of cruising that I do rather than some 0-100 sprints. Brezza ticked every damn box and then came the pricing. 11.2 lac Rs for a decade old Automatic and that too it's VXI variant. Maruti is extremely greedy on this one. VXI Manual and VXI AT has more than a lac of price difference when it comes to onroad price. I had to cancel the booking. Frankly, yesterday I went to Sai Service Andheri East to test drive the car as I had driven the XL6 with thr same engine gearbox combo but not the Brezza. In my conversation with the SA even he agreed that the pricing is way out of the park and they haven't been able to convince customers to pay that much. Mind you, the diesel AMT Z variant was 11.2 lac INR on road.

Now that brings me to Nexon, the only other car that is close to my requirements as Venue is as big as a Ritz from inside so I'm not even considering it. Now Nexons issue is that the great people in Tata have XMA and then directly XZA+ (which is beyond my budget). They should have had an XZA or an XTA variant. Moving from a Ritz VDI, It's difficult to again buy a car which does not have some modern car features. Especially the steering mounted controls. My family members fall asleep while on road trips and then I have to fiddle with the buttons on the infotainment to change tracks etc. I've always wanted a car with the damn steering mounted controls. Also, my family hasn't yet sat un the Nexon so I've asked the Mumbai dealer to bring the car home so they can sit and give me a confirmation on seating comfort. As a family we love long road trips and we did quiet a few in my humble Ritz but the ladies in the house were never comfortable while seating 3 in the back for more than 2 hrs of travel. So they're very clear, the new car HAS to be a decent 5 seater.

So that's how I've landed up considering the Nexon. Frankly, I hate it's petrol AMT. It's jerky & the shift quality in auto mode leaves a lot to be desired. I am waiting for the Tata guys to get the car home. If family gives a go ahead, I'll book one right away and live with lack of features.

If they don't, I'll just buy the Jazz when it's launched as it ticks everything except a good ground clearance but that's ok. I get that makkhan smooth CVT and oodles of space.

Sorry for the long post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Dieselritzer - if I remember correctly, you were eyeing Brezza few months back. What made you change your mind to Nexon?

I am looking at Nexon for a purchase later this year and on comparing the two cars, Nexon scored higher because of better safety and power. Curious what drifted you towards Tata.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 08:22   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Should be able to seat 5 in decent comfort.
One of my friends who is evaluating brezza and nexon for the 5 seater requirement told me that brezza is better in accomodating 3 people in the rear. He has not finalized any. But from the specs, nexon is wider. Please post your finding after the test drive with family.
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:00   #410
BHPian

My ownership journey starts...

Baloo and I went to nearest Ganesh Temple on Thu evening and completed the Pooja.

Baloo looked majestic. I could notice that he is getting a lot of attention on the road with many heads turning back.

Here is the pic from pooja.

The car ticked all the boxes that wished, solid and robust build and confident ride feel, good powerful engine, good interior quality...no complaints.

I parked him at my basement same day evening with odometer showing 72km. Only about 20km ride since the delivery...still fresh.

Fri and Sat till evening, no breathing space so could not take him out. Sat evening around 9pm (yesterday night) I thought of setting up its connected car features and try the related apps. So I go down to basement and sit in the car.

Connectnext app smoothly established pairing with Baloo. IRA is not activated by TAMO for me. Need to wait some more days for it. Noticed that cellphone signal fluctuating in my basement so thought will take her up to front parking area. So I crank the engine (push button)...there is sound of spark but engine wont wake up. I wait for 15 sec and give another try. Same again...3rd and 4th attempt. Nothing happens. Then I clear the haldi 'Om' on the driver info console to see if any warnings shown. To my shock, I see both 'Malfunction Indicator Lamp MIL' and 'Low Oil Pressure Indicator ' both contnuously ON 'Check Engine Lamp' came up for sometime but it went away.

Here is pic of driver info console.

I messaged the sales lead for Bangalore and he immediately responded with service lead contact. Asked me to call him in the morning and passifying me saying not to worry and it could be some loose connection issue. Had a bit of uneasy sleep overnight.

Last one hour, 8:30 to 9:30am have called the service lead 3 times but no answer. The sales agent, whom also I messaged last night, messaged me back saying he will check and let me know on what to do with additional line saying 'dont worry sir'.

Finally, 9:45am, I messaged sales lead, who has been super responsive so far. With in 10 mins I get call from service lead. He advised me to raise a complaint with TASS first. Then gave me tough to swallow news that my vehicle may need to be towed. I asked him if there is anyway towing can be avoided as first its is basement and pulling may be a big challenge due to the way cars parked. Second, my 'Vocal for Local' and Indian pride is going to be seriously wounded with all my complex folks noticing it...I know sounds crazy but I wanted Tata to shine as they already have a great product. He said, due to Covid, getting technicians safely perform their work is becoming a challenge as they had faced one quarantine owner coming out without disclosing it. I assured him that I am not in quarantine and have not travelled anywhere. He said he will talk to their GM and call on Mon as today is off.

Now, 10:15 I call TASS, they immediately transfer to emergency service and connect me to a technician. He promises to come to my home in 45 mins.

Keeping hopes alive for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-20200624_221223.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-20200627_215618.jpg  

TurboOnTarmac is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 12:05   #411
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Given the current market situation, do you think I should expect better discounts? Or waiting for another month will get some discounts?
Don't think in the current market situation you will manage much discounts. My family is also on the lookout for a new car & we have decided to wait till November(Diwali)/December to book hoping for better discounts, that is provided covid-19 situation is normal in Mumbai till that time!
Old 28th June 2020, 12:21   #412
BHPian

Your friend is right. That's due to the fact that Brezza has flat seats Vs Nexons contoured seats. In Nexon, the people sitting in the corners don't get a flat seat base and after a few hours of sitting it a slightly slanted base the lower back starts to pain. Now how good or bad is it, it's something that is a personal preference and hence waiting for the car to come to my society so my family can test it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
One of my friends who is evaluating brezza and nexon for the 5 seater requirement told me that brezza is better in accomodating 3 people in the rear. He has not finalized any. But from the specs, nexon is wider. Please post your finding after the test drive with family.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 12:41   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly, I hate it's petrol AMT.
Some unsolicited advice - do you really want to buy this car considering how much you despise the transmission?

Looking at the context and your dislikes, Brezza might turn out to be a better workhorse. Consider spending that extra lac (easier said than done) if you can. I think it will serve you better in the long run.

Last edited by warrioraks : 28th June 2020 at 12:45.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 12:57   #414
BHPian

I have this thought at the back of my head and hence Jazz is another contender. It's spacious and has a smooth CVT. Brezza at 11.2 is atrocious. I told the Maruti sales guy give me it for 10.5 on road and I'll buy it right away. He said from July Maruti will push discounts as the dealer network is putting pressure sighting lack of sales. Nexon XMA at 9.5 on road vs Brezza VXI AT at 11.2 on road, the difference is HUGE.

Also, i feel that i drove the Nexon AMT for 15 mins. If I end up buying it, I'll get to learn the use of manual mode and understand throttle input and gear shifts more properly. That should help in achieving a better driving experience in the long run. It's a head vs heart phase. Head says Jazz, Heart says Nexon, and a conservation middle class Indian in me says the Brezza.

Last edited by Dieselritzer : 28th June 2020 at 12:58.
Dieselritzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 13:55   #415
BHPian

Further Update...the spoiler "ALL IS WELL"

Technician shows up at my complex as promised within 45 min. Due to COVID guidelines followed by my complex, i had to go through some formalities stipulated by apartment association and take safeguards before i could allow him in. They took about 15 mins. By the time i also got a call from TASS call center to inquire whether the technician reached. They also called me 20 mins before confirming that technician is on the way.

Technician checks the driver console, then opens the bonnet and checks the fuses and battery. After that, he asks me to crank the engine. Its same, Baloo still asleep.

He then tries to jump start the vehicle with the spare battery he got, 'VOILA' first crank Baloo roars Its the battery that got drained out. He tells me that it is showing about 9V but to crank the engine it needs about 12V. He checks all the lights after locking the car. No problem with electrical's and i could see all lights of an car properly getting into sleep.

Then he asks about whether i turned on lights or AC on battery, without starting the engine. My first thought was, 'yes' i did check but not for a prolonged time. As part of my familiarization activities about the car, i did check the lights, buttons, AC, entertainment system and even tried connecting with apps. But was not sure how long i was in that mode or whether AC was on while i was doing all that. Do not remember this exactly.

Technician, after 5 mins of idling, asks me to stop and start the engine again this time without any jump start connection. At the first crank, Baloo roars again. No issues. All this while, my dealership service lead also calls up and talks to technician directly to understand his diagnosis. Both advice me (i was using car speakers for this conversation in a way testing that feature too) to either run the car in idle for 45 mins or take it around for a spin. I preferred to take the car out, and once the conversation finished, i convey my appreciation to the technician and took Baloo out on to road. Just when I about to exit my complex, i get the third call from TASS to check whether technician was able to fix the problem. I told them that it is fixed and thanked them.

Took Baloo around for 45 mins, while keeping RPM below 2k per run-in instructions. I come back and safely parks him. Before getting out, i check again, no issues he starts at the first crank. I called my service lead and told him that it is fine now. He however advises me to check again in the morning and call him back if i find any issues. He just wanted to be sure there is no issue with the new battery. I appreciated his suggestion and told him that i will check and call next day.

My dad, after hearing this, smiles and tells me that its your 'nakshatram' that you always have starting hiccups but once passed i sails on smoothly in every aspect. One way it is true and Baloo had to get this trait from me too.

Precautions I am going to take now on:

- Turn off AC, check cabin light (door position) before i turn off the engine.
- Avoid running electrical's and AC on battery. Best keep the engine run in idle if i had to.
- Walk around the car to check if any lights on before i leave. Cabin light dims and turns off within seconds after i lock the car. so wait to check the same.

This experience, infact increased my awareness and gave me confidence that i can trust TATA and TASS. Their responses have been super prompt so far.

Thank you BHPians for always giving the confidence when needed.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 14:13   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Head says Jazz, Heart says Nexon, and a conservation middle class Indian in me says the Brezza.
The Brezza wouldn’t even be a consideration as far as I’m concerned. The nexon’s build and looks have me floored
I suggest you go for the Nexon, it’s a little tank that’ll keep you smiling. As far as the AMT is concerned, my cousin switched to a Nexon AMT Diesel from a Polo GT TSI, and within a few days he was used to the AMT and started enjoying it properly. Once you learn its personality, you won’t even think about it, honestly. He loves his Nexon so much that he bought one for his wife too.
DeKay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 14:35   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My requirements:
1. Should be able to seat 5 in decent comfort.
2. A good GC would be preferred.
3. Should have good stock headlights setup.
4. HAS to be an automatic.
5. Features would be a good to have thing.
6. Budget of 10.2 lac OTR
7. Safety with a decent build quality.
If you can compromise with safety and build quality requirement, I'd suggest Ertiga Vxi AT over Brezza Vxi AT. The former comes with the same engine gearbox combo, offers more space and is also priced lower.

But consider this recommendation only if you are planning to go ahead with the (terribly overpriced) Brezza AT. There is no comparison with the Nexon if you're primarily looking at safety and overall sturdiness.

Last edited by self_driven : 28th June 2020 at 14:37.
Old 28th June 2020, 14:46   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Heart says Nexon, and a conservation middle class Indian in me says the Brezza.
I have a Brezza ZDI and bought it without a long test drive. Please try to go on a long-ish drive because a few other owners, including me face discomfort on the front seats after 20 minutes or so. I'm 5'9" for reference.
evoker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 15:12   #419
BHPian

I will not be buying the Brezza because it's too expensive and Maruti won't sell it for 10.5 lac on road. It's between Nexon and the Jazz. Once I get the Nexon home for test drive and seating comfort check by family, I will update here on what happens next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
I have a Brezza ZDI and bought it without a long test drive. Please try to go on a long-ish drive because a few other owners, including me face discomfort on the front seats after 20 minutes or so. I'm 5'9" for reference.
Old 28th June 2020, 17:53   #420
BANNED

Yes thanks for the feedback. Is there any means we can fit it in after sale market?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks