Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2019, 18:37   #31
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
I spied two Nexons recently on the Solapur Pune highway, one red and white, the other black and white both with red testing numberplates. I suspect they were mules with new power trains under the old bodyshell because the performance was fantastic, both acceleration and in gear roll on from speeds of 80kmph till almost double that. Both cars easily kept pace with me, which I think is impossible with the current Nexon engine.
Nexon, to start with, came with a new set of engines. So, any change to the powertrain is highly unlikely. Also, the diesel engine on the Nexon can easily do what you have described (in sports mode). May be they have done some minor tuning to the turbo or ECU at best.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

I echo the sentiment posted above, what the Nexon truly needs is a proper Automatic Transmission. It's got all the bases covered except this one.
Of course, more features are always welcome for example a sunroof, larger and well specced touch screen, coloured MID, LED lighting et al.
hiren.mistry is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 18:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Have the rumour mills for Nexon facelift died down?

Has anyone heard if the facelift will also bring in additional features like Cruise control, etc.?
Old 15th April 2019, 18:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

I feel that testing might be on now for engine and drivetrain variations, mainly to do with BS6 compatibility and the facelift will come out some time next year around the BS6 deadline. The car hasn't been out for 2 years yet so a facelift so soon doesn't make sense. Next year will be close to the 3 year mark which is common for facelifts and makes sense to bring in the refresh with whatever else is changed for BS6
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 15:46   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon on test - BS VI units ?

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-01.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 16:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

This spy shot is doing the rounds on whtsapp since almost a month. To me this seems to be a mule for JTP Nexon rather than a facelift, going by the test plate.
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 01:02   #37
BHPian

Nexon test mule spotted with a flat bottomed steering wheel (Altroz like) ??

Rumoured to have cruise control on the face lift version with BSVI upgrade

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-fb_img_1564601108394.jpg

Source
SpideyBoy is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 06:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Nexon test mule spotted with a flat bottomed steering wheel (Altroz like) ??
Rumoured to have cruise control on the face lift version with BSVI upgrade
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
I spied two Nexons recently on the Solapur Pune highway, one red and white, the other black and white both with red testing numberplates. Both cars easily kept pace with me, which I think is impossible with the current Nexon engine.
I read somewhere that the JTP version of the Nexon will be a diesel this time, I think that is what you might have seen. That's just my 2 cents. I think it would be a fantastic idea of having a diesel rocket for a sensible price, efficiency and power, best of both worlds.
Old 1st August 2019, 07:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

This is part of an immediate change that Tata Motors has fitted to existing Nexons. You can see cruise control and horn buttons on the side. I have the full images with registration plates, so we can safely assume this to be true. The next-gen design will have this and many more goodies, making it a very powerful proposition. Frankly, the car should match up to XUV 300, top-trim, in terms of features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Rumoured to have cruise control
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img_3761.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 08:59   #40
BHPian

Being a Nexon owner and looking at the recent 2 launches in this segment, this is what i expect from Nexon facelift (apart from minor exterior tweaks):

a) XE variant can continue as it is- this variant is anyways just for the sticker price
b) XM needs to gain some features like body coloured mirrors and door handles, roof rails, rear AC vents - without any price increase
c) XT (the most out of place variant as on date) needs to get features from the current XZ
d) XZ - sorry Tata, we don't need this
e) XZ+ should become the new XZ with addition of Cruise control, auto head lamps, and auto wipers and the pricing should be 9.99 PAN India (Diesel top end, it anyways is just over 10 lacs)
f) New XZ+ to tackle the competition, it should get 6-airbags, sunroof, and dual zone CC- all this should be within a lakh over XZ i.e. 10.99 (diesel top end)

If Tata can pull this pricing and variant Rejig along with the facelift, i am sure we will see Nexon over 5,000 units each month. Any price increase from now on should only be because of BS-VI and that also should be in-line with what the industry is charging. I faintly remember that the Nexon diesel top end was ~9.4 lacs when it was launched and Tata has increased the price by 60-70k in the last 2 years which i think is too steep. Time to get the pricing and variant distribution correct.
tarik.arora is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 09:31   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
If Tata can pull this pricing and variant Rejig along with the facelift, i am sure we will see Nexon over 5,000 units each month. Any price increase from now on should only be because of BS-VI and that also should be in-line with what the industry is charging. I faintly remember that the Nexon diesel top end was ~9.4 lacs when it was launched and Tata has increased the price by 60-70k in the last 2 years which i think is too steep. Time to get the pricing and variant distribution correct.
Perfectly put. What you have mentioned are really how the Nexon trims need to be configured. They are quite stupid right now.
This new steering was bound to come to Nexon. The moment we saw the first spy shots of the Altroz, it was clear that this steering would make its way to the Nexon. Current Nexon comes with a Tiago steering and really doesn't justify the premium we pay for it. Its nice of course, but then its same as an entry level hatchback! Basics.

Finally TML is singing to the tune of the public. People want cruise control, automatic headlamps (both useless in India IMHO & most people never use it after the novelty is over). A leather wrap steering wheel which looks fab is the real +ve here.

Add a sun-roof and some more airbags & I guess that would be the end of the road for the Ford EcoSport. On the spec sheet these items were still keeping the EcoSport afloat against the Nexon which also has quite good (yes not as good as EcoSport) riding manners & fun to drive dynamics.

Now what needs to be seen is how much price bump this causes. If no price hike - folks like me who just bought the current spec Nexon will feel they are short changed! If too steep, it wouldn't help the cause. So a thin line to walk.

All said, I'm glad this fabulous contemporary steering is coming to an important car for TML. With the Venue, EcoSport & XUV300 giving buttons by the dozons in the wheel & even the Brezza giving cruise control, the Nexon's unit was being called "outdated" / "less featured" in auto mag reviews. Its good that the powers that be at TML are now more focussed at what customers want en-masse and not what TML feels is right for our roads.

At the same time I'm positively happy that I am getting my Nexon with the old spec steering. I like the steering uncluttered. Phone and audio controls are enough for me. Even when staying for multiple years in Europe and driving often on the auto bahns, I never used cruise control. It gives a really weird disconnected feeling from the car which I personally don't like. Will need to find a good guy that does a nice job of leather wrap though. That I will sorely miss.

And please bring back the rear fog lamp!! Its a vital part (and not "feature") for the 1% population like Bhpians for road safety. We know how to use it!

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st August 2019 at 09:37.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 10:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

At the same time I'm positively happy that I am getting my Nexon with the old spec steering. I like the steering uncluttered. Phone and audio controls are enough for me. Even when staying for multiple years in Europe and driving often on the auto bahns, I never used cruise control. It gives a really weird disconnected feeling from the car which I personally don't like. Will need to find a good guy that does a nice job of leather wrap though. That I will sorely miss.

And please bring back the rear fog lamp!! Its a vital part (and not "feature") for the 1% population like Bhpians for road safety. We know how to use it!
I have yet to drive on roads wherein I can use the cruise control. Mostly if one drives in the 80-100 KMPH speed it is useful but I never have the patience to be at those speeds.

Rear fog lamps is so much better and safer than people using the hazard lights while driving. I checked with Concorde motors if they can fit in the rear fog lamps which they said no to.
Old 1st August 2019, 10:07   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I have yet to drive on roads wherein I can use the cruise control. Mostly if one drives in the 80-100 KMPH speed it is useful but I never have the patience to be at those speeds.

Rear fog lamps is so much better and safer than people using the hazard lights while driving. I checked with Concorde motors if they can fit in the rear fog lamps which they said no to.
True about cruise control. We don't have many access controlled roads where cruise control can be used. Those roads that are on paper access controlled, still often have morons that are legally licensed to drive who shouldn't really be allowed to even drive a remote controlled toy car. Yet - losing on customers simply for not having gizmos is not a good business idea & so TML has done the right thing for their business.

Regarding the fog lamps - they updated (downgraded) the BCM in the previous feature update around turn of the year & it doesn't have the proper logic and combination for the fog lamp to work in relation with the headlamps/pilot lamps etc. It was a "full removal" & the logic & wiring also was removed. So if we want a rear fog lamp now - we need separate wiring & button that will not get properly linked to the master controls of the headlamps.

This is a Tata Motors that has come a long way from my Vista. My car had a single horn & yet used the same wiring harness of the Manza and had complete assembly & wiring, fuse for dual horns making it a plug and play without any change to install any dual tone horns! Gone are the days of basic cost cutting. TML has now learnt the way to go the full distance (in the wrong direction).

By the way - its pretty evident now that the car won't be changed to Impact 2.0 (and thats logically correct) and will continue with Impact design language. Should we change the heading of this thread accordingly?

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st August 2019 at 10:15.
Old 1st August 2019, 15:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Also if possible they should find a way to shed some weight without compromising the safety as well as the feel of being solidly built
Old 1st August 2019, 16:56   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Rear fog lamps is so much better and safer than people using the hazard lights while driving.
One of the wide-spread wrong-usage of features on vehicles. I think manufacturers (in India) should program the Hazard light feature such that it can be used for a limited time during movement. There are rare times when we need hazard lights during movement, but my experience of such usage is for short duration - till the driver behind us is alerted.
condor is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks