Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2020, 18:34   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Is the Nexon getting the sunroof in the facelift?
A heads-up from one of my birdies:

The Nexon facelift will get Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Electronic Stability Program & a sunroof.
RavenAvi is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 21:46   #167
Senior - BHPian

This car has all the ingredients to be a very good compact AWD. Good ground clearance, wheel articulation, short wheelbase for a good ramp break-over angle, tight front and rear overhangs.

Pity, the X1 platform doesn't have space to accomodate a rear differential. How about a limited slip diff Tata Motors to give it some semblance of off-roadability ?(a la Fiat Panda Cross)
Would've been a genuine USP and a product differentiator.
arjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 22:31   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The Nexon facelift will get Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Electronic Stability Program & a sunroof.
Off all this I care only for EPS. Six airbags would have been really nice.
Old 4th January 2020, 22:46   #169
BHPian

When is this facelift expected to hit the market ? I am eagerly waiting for this updated one and have postponed my car upgrade till this is launched.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 23:19   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Off all this I care only for EPS. Six airbags would have been really nice.
Doesn't Nexon already come with Corner Stability Control, which is the Tata Motors word for Electronic Stability Control (ESC)? It is standard also in Tiago and Tigor as far as I remember.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 07:43   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Doesn't Nexon already come with Corner Stability Control, which is the Tata Motors word for Electronic Stability Control (ESC)? It is standard also in Tiago and Tigor as far as I remember.
I think the CSC was during braking. ESP is important when one is takin turn at higher speed or emergency lane change situations. These are required for cars with higher GC.

I am also curious to know if they have reduced the GC from 209

Last edited by Sheel : 5th January 2020 at 10:12. Reason: break - brake
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 09:47   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
The heavily updated Tata Nexon is ready for launch. Of course, it looks similar to the Nexon EV, giving it a mini Harrier look.

Source: Autocar India

Attachment 1953153
A quick search tells that this is a diesel AMT in BS4 guise. Apparently the car is close to 2 years old. Also the variant is mentioned as RTQ. Changes in variants nomenclature also coming?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_2020010509424569.jpg  

Old 5th January 2020, 10:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
A quick search tells that this is a diesel AMT in BS4 guise. Apparently the car is close to 2 years old. Also the variant is mentioned as RTQ. Changes in variants nomenclature also coming?
RTQ may be short for the Revotorq engine. It may be a mule for add shoot purpose wearing the number plate of an older vehicle to not grab too much attention. Because it seems definitely like the Nexon EV, and may be it's Diesel facelift version.
AdityaDeane is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 16:36   #174
BHPian

Tata Nexon Facelift spied

Quote:

Does that mean it will be better equipped than the EV?

I don't see all these features in the specifications for their premium offering
Old 6th January 2020, 18:20   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CSC is just about adaptive brake force application based on load during cornering. Its not actual ESC that fiddles with the torque and power delivery to wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
The heavily updated Tata Nexon is ready for launch. Of course, it looks similar to the Nexon EV, giving it a mini Harrier look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Quote:
RTQ may be short for the Revotorq engine. It may be a mule for add shoot purpose wearing the number plate of an older vehicle to not grab too much attention. Because it seems definitely like the Nexon EV, and may be it's Diesel facelift version.
RTQ of course is the short for RevoTorq. The diesel engine family. (Like MJD.). However, if the pictures doing rounds all over social media with that number plate are real, its a joke on multiple levels -
  1. The registration is much older. How come its being used on whats a new car?
  2. The registration is for a diesel variant, that too BSIV. Isn't the face lift going to use a BSVI powertrain? Or this is new clothes with old heart?

And then the biggest one -
  3. How come the diesel registration is being used on what is clearly a petrol Nexon? (The trapezoidal end can is a dead give away. Actual diesel Nexon has U shaped end can.) (And no - its not an EV. It has a normal petrol ICE exhaust pipe at the back.)

If they are trying to mix with the crowd and not grab attention - they are really thumbing nose at quite a few primary laws of vehicle usage on public roads.

[P.S. - Personally I'm inclined to think that the number plate is photoshopped onto the image.]

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th January 2020 at 18:23.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 16:18   #176
BANNED

Updates on the facelift:

1. Styling to be similar to the EV except for few minor differentiators.

2. Projector headlights with LED DRLs to be available from entry variant itself.

3. No leather seats even in the top variant as in Nexon EV.

4. Automatic headlamps, automatic wipers, and electric sunroof available.

5. Gets express-cooling mode wherein the driver's window instantly rolls down to let the hot air out while the AC sets itself automatically to the lowest temperature.

6. To get new connectivity apps, gets features like S.O.S, live tracking, Geo-fencing, towing alert, intrusion alert, diagnostics report, and many more.

7. Gets what3words integration, which is a geocode system for communicating locations with precision of 3 meters, it converts latitude/longitude coordinates into simple 3 word combinations. Just like what DNS servers does.

8. With the latest updates, Nexon can now accept voice commands in Hindi language.

9. Safety features like ESP, Traction control, rollover mitigation, brake prefill, brake disc wiping, and hill-hold assist are standard across all variants starting from the entry variant.

10. ABS updated to Bosch version 9.3.

11. Dual airbags, corner stability control, and isofix child seat mounts are standard across all variants.

12. No AMT option for petrol variants as of now while diesel is available with 6 speed AMT.

Looks like petrol might get either DCT or torque-converter autoboxes. Good that all the safety features are standard across all the variants.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th January 2020 at 17:03. Reason: Fixed typo.
wheelguy is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 17:12   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
.... Safety features like ESP, Traction control, rollover mitigation, brake prefill, brake disc wiping, and hill-hold assist are standard across all variants starting from the entry variant....

....Dual airbags, corner stability control, and isofix child seat mounts are standard across all variants....
Here comes my broken record question for all new cars irrespective of brand: Have rear defogger & wash-wipe been made standard?

It would be a travesty to have all that stuff you mentioned standard across variants, but the a basic preventive safety item limited to top variant.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 17:18   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Here comes my broken record question for all new cars irrespective of brand: Have rear defogger & wash-wipe been made standard?

It would be a travesty to have all that stuff you mentioned standard across variants, but the a basic preventive safety item limited to top variant.
I don't know from any source. But I'm still more than sure that the answer to that question is "NO". Unless the transport ministry mandates the defogger+wiper on rear of hatchbacks & SUVs, this is not going to be standard. Its high time they make it mandatory. Along with rear fog lights.

Why would an auto maker make it standard in a disgustingly immature market where licensed drivers don't know how to use the following or even what is their purpose at all -
  1. Hazard lights
  2. Rear fog lights
  3. High beam
  4. Rear defogger
  5. Rear wiper
  6. Horn

Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 20:10   #179
BHPian

Quote:

I am going to guess the answer is "No" and I also think it doesn't even matter. I mean, it won't matter unless we make sure that people don't stack their parcel trays with bags, stuffed toys and such and that people make it a habit of looking at all three mirrors all the time when driving. Till then, we can leave it to the people to decide for themselves. Those that care about safety will anyway look for the safety features and decide wisely. For others, just their mere presence won't help.
prakash_ajp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 21:41   #180
BHPian

Quote:

Also that all important Driver seat adjust plus Steering adjustment for tilt and telescopic.

Looks like the law makers are all chauffeur driven and those in the Ministry too. Otherwise such basic necessities would not have been overlooked.
venkateshkm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks