Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 21:04   #211
BANNED

re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Nexon facelift with sunroof spied during TVC shoot.

Source: Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-whatsapp-image-20200115-20.58.312.jpeg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-whatsapp-image-20200115-20.58.313.jpeg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-whatsapp-image-20200115-20.58.31.jpeg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-whatsapp-image-20200115-20.58.311.jpeg  

Last edited by wheelguy : 15th January 2020 at 21:07.
wheelguy is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 21:48   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post

Source: Rushlane
I hope this is true and we get factory fitted sun-roof at least in top trims.
In fact, my dealer (sales rep) told me that he came back today from the training (Nexon and Altroz) and said that sunroof is there. I was earlier kind of contacting him and asking him to double-check. He also said that the new olive green shade looks amazing in real life. Looking forward to seeing and test driving these two cars soon.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th January 2020 at 22:21. Reason: Fixed typos.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 22:13   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
The car looks just wow in those photos.
I know I have been saying this a thousand times but i have to reiterate, this car looks so much more menacing in the facelift avatar, yes ofc I am talking about the front fascia, the rear still looks the same, but the front is just next level.
Previously it was quirky and a bit childish ( if i may? ) but now it is right up there with the ecosport with a matured, menacing look. I am absolutely loving this.
SaiSW is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 23:20   #214
BHPian

If the unusual price hike brings TC or DCT instead of AMT to the Nexon , it's well worth it IMO. If not , the difference considering current discounts is unfathomable
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 12:42   #215
BHPian

The Nexon looks like a Mini Harrier from the front. The earlier model was more distinctive and reminiscent of the Indica. I liked the earlier version. Can't digest the rear though. Hope they had copied the rear of the Harrier instead of the front.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th January 2020 at 13:36. Reason: Typo corrected, thanks
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:03   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

With the face-lift TML design should have got rid of the white stripe on side window lower edges. Agreed it was the signature styling of the 1st generation. But the quality of the side stripes was very poor - especially in the white guise. The material used on the rear hatch X Factor element is much better but the side white stripes are simply poor material.

These white stripes was one of the key contributors in canceling my booking for Glasgow Grey & opting for the Calgary White which comes with more sedate looking grey stripes.

With the face-lift - they should have changed the shoulder line to something like the Altroz's. These white lines are looking quite odd with rest of the design language now with the face-lift. Seeing them continue for another 2-3 years will be painful!
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:14   #217
BHPian

@Reinhard, you can always have them covered with Black Vinyl. They will look smashing especially of the Grey and White colours. Maybe on the red as well
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:27   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
@Reinhard, you can always have them covered with Black Vinyl. They will look smashing especially of the Grey and White colours. Maybe on the red as well
Of course - but that's still a make-do arrangement that end customer has to make. For something that hardly anyone actually likes in stock form, it should have been taken care of at the design or factory level was my point. Face-lift was a good opportunity. At least they should improve the material quality & finish.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:39   #219
BHPian

With reference to spec sheet leaked few days back, Nexon EV will have Sun-roof in XZ+Lux trim. But fossil fuel powered counterpart won't have it on XZ+(O) trim.
Instead it will be offered as an OFFICIAL FACTORY FITTED ACCESSORY available for all trims.
They did not offer it as a standard fitting may be because it would have affected their GNCAP rating as it alters the structure.
Hence as an accessory, which always gets installed on CUSTOMER's responsibility.
Old 16th January 2020, 13:58   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
These white stripes was one of the key contributors in canceling my booking for Glasgow Grey & opting for the Calgary White which comes with more sedate looking grey stripes.
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-nexon-collage.jpg
This is what I did. Glossy black rear, matt black side and fog inserts. This a was a paint job done at Concorde for Rs. 7K.
Very good quality.
driveanddrive is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:59   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Of course - but that's still a make-do arrangement that end customer has to make. For something that hardly anyone actually likes in stock form, it should have been taken care of at the design or factory level was my point. Face-lift was a good opportunity. At least they should improve the material quality & finish.
Agree. White strip is odd and edges were not finished properly. It can scratch easily during regular wash/wipe and catch dust easily. They fixed it by changing the color to grey-black. Now they are back to white (I think it was done to match the white roof), but it is a bad move.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 14:15   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
With reference to spec sheet leaked few days back, Nexon EV will have Sun-roof in XZ+Lux trim. But fossil fuel powered counterpart won't have it on XZ+(O) trim.
Instead it will be offered as an OFFICIAL FACTORY FITTED ACCESSORY available for all trims.
They did not offer it as a standard fitting may be because it would have affected their GNCAP rating as it alters the structure.

AFAIK that for GNCAP, only base variants are tested. So, whatever it may, the base variant will never get sunroof.
Old 16th January 2020, 14:17   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
AFAIK that for GNCAP, only base variants are tested. So, whatever it may, the base variant will never get sunroof.
I believe that the sunroof reduces the rigidity of the roof.

It’s not about the base variant
Old 16th January 2020, 15:00   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
They chose base variant just because it supposed to have Least safety features.
If that base variant proves to be safe then top spec variant with all bell ans whistles and latest safety kit would definitely fair better than base variant.

But in case of addition of sun-roof, whole thing changes and structure doesn't remain the same.
Some rigidity is lost and that too in key area like roof.

Hence the difference.
Old 16th January 2020, 15:26   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Agree. White strip is odd and edges were not finished properly. It can scratch easily during regular wash/wipe and catch dust easily. They fixed it by changing the color to grey-black. Now they are back to white (I think it was done to match the white roof), but it is a bad move.
Actually it is grey since launch in Calgary White & Etna Orange colours. For all other shades (Only Blue and Red remain now with Silver gone) it has been white & continues to be so even now. Guess white stripe on Orange & White base colour looked too bad for even their thresholds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I believe that the sunroof reduces the rigidity of the roof.
It’s not about the base variant
Its not 100% necessary IMO that the sunroof will reduce rigidity of the roof. For planar rigidity a thick glass sheet is far stronger than a thin sheet of metal (even with Tata's ticker sheets alright). So unless with physical / calculational evidence, we cannot conclude that simply having a sunroof makes the roof less rigid than sheet of metal. It can be either way. It may or may not. Depends a lot on the complete design & implementation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
They chose base variant just because it supposed to have Least safety features.
If that base variant proves to be safe then top spec variant with all bells and whistles and latest safety kit would definitely fair better than base variant.
But in case of addition of sun-roof, whole thing changes and structure doesn't remain the same.
Some rigidity is lost and that too in key area like roof.
Hence the difference.
In a frontal / side impact crash test, that part of a 1mm thick sheet metal of the roof hardly contributes. What decide the structural stability are the design of the monocoque chassis, engine bay crumple zones & the way the A pillars transfer the energy towards the back of the car. In a car crash typical scenario, the metal sheet simply crumples like paper since the force is applied sideways on it, parallel to the plane.

So while I'm sure you are somewhere right in a way & TML probably chose to not add the sunroof in order to ensure 5 star safety rating, its not as simple as sheet metal giving more rigidity than a metal framed glass piece.

Also guys - you'd be surprised if I point out that the Nexon unit that was used for the crash test by GNCAP was an XZ+ top trim. Not a base model. Official videos of the test easily show it. A lot of the rating score gets calculated on paper. So the rating is fine if all the specified safety feature list is standard from the base model. Like ISOFIX, ABS, Seat belt reminders etc. GNCAP tests the base model only in cases where the safety feature list is different across trim levels. It doesn't do so when the safety equipment is standard.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th January 2020 at 15:44.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed