Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

A close look at the XM variant & comparo with the earlier XM:

A close look at the new XZ+ variant:

Both videos courtesy AutoTrend TV.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 01:41   #302
Senior - BHPian

I like the front now but that white crease running on the window line all the way to the boot ruins the design for me. A 2018 Disco Sport like taillight design would accentuate that LR front.
Also that design pattern on the front bumper looks tacky in person. Shiny plastic upside down Ys. What do they stand for and why are they splashed around every car in the dealership?

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 26th January 2020 at 01:44.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 15:25   #303
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone booked updated Nexon? My friend had checked the car over weekend, got a response from regional sales who said BS6 will be available only after April. He was asked to consider a BS4. Sounds fishy to me.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 15:51   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Has anyone booked updated Nexon? My friend had checked the car over weekend, got a response from regional sales who said BS6 will be available only after April. He was asked to consider a BS4. Sounds fishy to me.
Yea that's fishy for sure. Already updated display cars have come to the showroom. TD cars are expected to be available from next weekend in the showroom I checked.

When that is the case, this doesn't sound right. They might be trying to push the BSIV inventory.
NFS2024 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 17:27   #305
BHPian

Spotted one facelifted Nexon (Test Drive Car) at Powai, Mumbai.

Nexon looks more matured now and has a good road presence as well. The front looked sharper from the side and more purposeful. The rear is busier than before with the chrome name badge addition.

Looking forward to seeing it more closely and hopefully test drive one this weekend.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 00:17   #306
BANNED

Just bumped into an interesting interview with Pratap Bose. Here are few snippets from the interview which explain about the philosophies behind the IMPACT Design 1.0, and IMPACT Design 2.0.

This also explains the philosophies behind pre-facelift Nexon and facelifted Nexon.
Quote:
The Design Maestro’s understanding of business has also been simple and clear. “Mind share leads to market share,” is something that Bose understands only too well. To get to that mindshare Bose says that they had to create IMPACT Design. “The point is that you have to interest people enough to want to know more, and then you have to do another incredible thing in this day and age. You have to make sure that the person leaves his house, sits in traffic, the rain, the sun, the smog and goes to a dealership. I mean, this person, who does not even get off the couch to order food, you’re asking that person to get out of his house and go and see your car, in your showroom, which is nowhere even near him,” says Bose. That was the challenge and that is how IMPACT Design was born. “You make IMPACT at this stage, immediate impact, followed by lasting IMPACT,” says Bose. That is the reason Bose feels people take selfies with TATA cars and have tribes such as the Nexon tribe, and what all this means is that things are not merely superficial but that their cars have made a lasting impact. Bose feels that good design always gets people into a showroom but it is great engineering that keeps people out of the showrooms and so it is vital that good design and great engineering go hand in hand. According to Bose, what IMPACT design did was that “it created a different philosophy of looking at the way we designed and engineered products. If the products look a certain way, they have to perform a certain way.”

Next came IMPACT DESIGN 2.0 which has been all about taking things to the next level with the new architectures that weren’t available before. “We didn’t have the benefit of the new architectures yet we created some compelling products which created this fan following,” says Bose. IMPACT 2.0, Bose explains, “is really about grabbing more attention, getting people back into our cars, into our dealerships and in conversations, ensuring that you’re being talked about at that dinner table conversation…. making an IMPACT at that level." He says that the first IMPACT was a little louder, where they had to shout a little louder and announce their presence, but now that they’ve been found, they can lower the volume of the conversation. “I think we’ve been found, so IMPACT 2.0 is about continuing that conversation,” says Bose.

And the conversation about design continues, moving into the realm of the future. Bose’s own sense is that the future trends will move to a much sharper definition of volumes and that there will be bolder colours. “I think people will start to accept that. When we did Tiago, few years ago, with the orange, even in the studio, we were shocked, and a bit scared as well, but it went on to become a signature colour. The blue, in the Nexon… in people’s minds, the car will have that one colour, so if I say Tiago or Nexon or Hexa, it will flash in your head in one particular colour, even though you have a range of six colours. A silver Tiago won’t come into your head, it’ll be the orange or the Espresso brown,” says Bose.
Interview part1, part2, part3, part4
wheelguy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 00:24   #307
BHPian

The Facelift has reached the showrooms in Cochin.

It looks really bold and macho in person. The major upgrade has been done to the front end. The front end is much higher and has less slope than the previous Gen. Interior quality felt to be improved slightly. The display vehicles was the petrol XZ+ variant. Yet to see the fully-equipped optional variant.

Got a quote of 14.7L OTR for diesel XZA+ single tone.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img20200129wa0062.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img20200129wa0056.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img20200129wa0061.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img20200129wa0058.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th January 2020 at 23:58. Reason: Typos.
vaisakhr is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 00:43   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
The Facelift has reached the showrooms in Cochin.

It looks really bold and macho in person. The major upgrade has been done to the front end. The front end is much higher and has less slope than the previous Gen. Interior quality felt to be improved slightly. The display vehicles was the petrol xz+ variant. Yet to see the fully equipped optional variant.

Got a quote of 14.7 otr for diesel xza+ single tone.
Agreed. Nexon is now perhaps the best in terms of looks amongst all its competitors (personal opnion).

The price however seems to be off the mark. With this pricing Ford can provide TQ gearbox in the current diesel ecosport and come up with a matching price to the AMT in Nexon (not to mention the additional safety features).

Though i dont see Ford India having that kind of foresight. Heck, they have not even got the car tested by GNCAP yet. They could have provided it to GNCAP like i guess TATA did with the Altroz but nope ..they are too busy in price adjustments and feature deletions.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 12:45   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Got a quote of 14.7 otr for diesel xza+ single tone.
Looks very good and mature from the front. Hope they had worked on the rear and lost the strip on the window line.
At 14.70 Lakhs it is very very steeply priced. Almost as if they don't want to sell it. I think better options are available at that price range.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 23:10   #310
BHPian

The dealer has received one lot of the new Nexon. All in white color. But the top of the line optional variant is yet to come.

Nexon BS6 facelift brochure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nexon web pdf.pdf (5.50 MB, 573 views)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th January 2020 at 23:57. Reason: Typo.
Old 31st January 2020, 00:15   #311
BHPian

Good to see features like ESP, Hill Hold control, Brake disk wipe and Roll over mitigation standard across variants. IMHO, cruise control should have been offered at least in XZ+, it is available in the XZ+(O) variant. Cost is significantly high, I got mine (diesel XZ+ at 9.85L ex-showroom) and I was thinking sub 4m cars are expensive! May be this is how things are going to be with BS6 variants.

Noticed a glaring typo on the site (Care play??). Sad to see such errors are present on a live site.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-careplay.jpg  

Last edited by knaveen : 31st January 2020 at 00:25.
knaveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 00:22   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Good to see features like ESP, Hill Hold control, Brake disk wipe and Roll over mitigation standard across variants. IMHO, cruise control should have been offered at least in XZ+, it is available in the XZ+(O) variant. Cost is signifantly high, I got mine (diesel XZ+ at 9.85L ex-showroom) and I was thinking sub 4m cars are expensive!

Noticed a glaring typo on the site (Care play??). Sad to see such errors are present on a live site.
I didn't know about this feature:

Brake Disc Wiping. ... Brake Disc Wiping works in conjunction with ABS and the windshield wipers. When the wipers are activated, the ABS slightly applies pressure to the pads (in regular intervals); thus removing the water layer without slowing down the vehicle

Source Google
bigben is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 00:33   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I didn't know about this feature:

Brake Disc Wiping. ... Brake Disc Wiping works in conjunction with ABS and the windshield wipers. When the wipers are activated, the ABS slightly applies pressure to the pads (in regular intervals); thus removing the water layer without slowing down the vehicle

Source Google
They introduced it with the Harrier I believe. It's commendable that these features are trickling down to the lower products in their portfolio.
Old 31st January 2020, 11:39   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post

Yes, they are careless with the website.

Is there really a powerbump on the petrol? From 110 to 120bhp?

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img_20200131_113514.jpg
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:15   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Yes, they are careless with the website.

Is there really a powerbump on the petrol? From 110 to 120bhp?
There is no error on the site. The power has indeed been bumped up to 120 PS on BS VI Petrol engine

Last edited by Prafful_Rathod : 31st January 2020 at 12:20.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed