Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 14:04   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post

1. A smooth, efficient torque converter or even a CVT - an AMT is not justified at these prices. The competition understands this, and will take away sales by telling buyers to buy an automatic worth their money. Not the kind of cheap manual auto that even an Alto uses.

3. Stop advertising entry 6.95 lac type prices for a car that costs nearly 15Lac on road. You are hurting the brand image of Nexon, just like nano suffered from 1lac car image. Nobody wants to spend 15Lacs and have his neighbours think he’s bought a 7-8 lac rupee car.
1. I fully agree. CVT or TC are the best type of AT. And, since there is no Ecosport diesel AT and since Creta/Seltos AT prices are considerably higher than Nexon AT's, there is room for Tata to throw in a proper AT and still be VFM.

3. I don't agree. Seltos costs from 9.xx L to 17.xx L, ex-showroom price. What do you say to that? Having a wide variant range actually helps. There will be a Nexon for everyone just as there is a Creta/Seltos for every one. This is why you see so many of the latter.
pgsagar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 17:52   #332
BHPian

Caught this one on Pune-Satara road today at 12 noon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img_20200207_120722.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 18:21   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
The facelift looks great, but it is expensive for what it offers. No longer looks VFM. Tata motors product strategy team needs to be aggressive if they want leadership in at least one segment.
Safety will always cost you more! Don't forget it's rated 5 Star for safety it offers.
aniketi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 15:20   #334
BHPian

The face-lift Nexon petrol AMT top end costs a whopping 12 lacs on road. Will people be willing to pay this amount for an AMT? Sales in coming few months will give better clarity. I agree that it's a completely loaded car. But now that the EcoSport and Brezza both have a proper auto box, xuv and Nexon will face the heat as they have the AMT units.
Old 9th February 2020, 15:44   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
The face-lift Nexon petrol AMT top end costs a whopping 12 lacs on road. Will people be willing to pay this amount for an AMT? Sales in coming few months will give better clarity. I agree that it's a completely loaded car. But now that the EcoSport and Brezza both have a proper auto box, xuv and Nexon will face the heat as they have the AMT units.
Brezza comes with an AMT, has anything changed in the facelift?
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 15:49   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Brezza comes with an AMT, has anything changed in the facelift?
Brezza came with AMT transmission in the 1.3 DDis engine. OP is talking about the petrol engine that was introduced with a 1.5 NA engine and a 4 speed AT.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 16:57   #337
BANNED

Maruti played it smart by giving TC instead of AMT as the competition is becoming fierce.

Brezza - torque converter AT, 4-star
Nexon - AMT, 5-star
XUV300 - AMT, 5-star

For those who give weightage to safety over anything else will choose between Nexon & XUV300, and to whom safety is not the topmost priority will choose between Brezza, Ecosport, and Venue.

Other cars are not bad in terms of safety but they are not 5-star rated, likewise AMTs are not extremely unusable but they are not as good as TC or DCT.

Buyer's choice is clearly saying what they are prioritizing over what.

No manufacturer will ever give everything that is needed & wanted in one package at a budget. Few manufacturers are choosing to give what the buyer wanted, while few are choosing to give what the buyer needed.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 18:49   #338
BHPian

Did anyone get to TD the facelifted model yet? Has the suspension been retuned for better ride comfort? Quite curious to know since I'm still waiting for the TD car to arrive at the dealership near me.
Old 10th February 2020, 00:49   #339
BHPian

Saw the facelift in person today and looks really good. Very much inspired by Land Rover. Personally I think the facelift looks way better than before. But that's my opinion and all may not agree. Clicked some side by side pics along with the lovely new headlamp unit. Tata is on a roll!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img_0028.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-img_0029.jpg  

Djay is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 16:43   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Once upon a time I remember Nexon as the cheapest offerings and now we have Nexon as the costliest offering. What a transformation! XUV 300 and Nexon AMT will retail almost for 16lacs! Unfortunate to see such a price for a sub 4-meter car with AMT.
I think we are missing a major point while comparing XUV 3oo with facelifted Nexon. XUV 3oo is BS4 and Nexon is BS6. I expect a similar rise in price of XUV 3oo (& Hyundai Venue for that matter) when they come out with their BS6 versions. We must consider that BS6 version of Nexon is priced at par with BS4 versions of XUV 3oo and Venue. So it is still VFM.

Maruti came out with BS6 version of Brezza (Petrol). But it is more plain than vanilla and no other manufacturer is out with their BS6 version of CSUV.

Thus, I am planning to buy Nexon XZA+ (O) but all the dealers (Patiala, Chandigarh and Allahabad) have told me that delivery for diesel version will start only in March (mid-march to be optimistic). All of them were trying to push BS4 models currently and offering discounts.

Why is no Tata motors dealer offering a test drive for AMT car?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th February 2020 at 19:27. Reason: line spacing corrected for better readability
singlaankush is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 19:04   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Caught this one on Pune-Satara road today at 12 noon.
You spotted an EV. No tail-pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I'm not 100% sure but will the petrol Brezza come with the same 4 speed AT from Ciaz/XL6? If yes - its a very old unit and nothing special to talk about really. It will be smoother than the AMT in Nexon, but that's about it. And the things that the Nexon has added in making it "completely loaded" -- are quite costly bits genuinely. I think one can always opt for an XZA+ and not the "O" to get a much lower price yet comparable features with the Brezza Automatic.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th February 2020 at 19:07.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 20:44   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlaankush View Post

Maruti came out with BS6 version of Brezza (Petrol). But it is more plain than vanilla and no other manufacturer is out with their BS6 version of CSUV.
You have missed out the Ford EcoSport. Ford launched the EcoSport BS6 with just around 15k difference over the BS4 variants and hence have made it more VFM.
blueeyed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 07:28   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
You have missed out the Ford EcoSport. Ford launched the EcoSport BS6 with just around 15k difference over the BS4 variants and hence have made it more VFM.

Yes, I guess I did miss Ecosport. But i guess it never occurred to me due to two reasons :
1. We have two Figos at home. Loved it initially but last few years have been hard. Too many niggles and too costly parts. So was never considering Ford this time around.

2. Ecosport offers AT in petrol version only so it wasn't going to be on my radar anyways.

Still, top trim of Ecosport (AT, petrol) is abt 43k costlier than Nexon. It does offer 6 airbags but Nexon provides 'connected car' feature. I don't think there is any other major difference between the two. So still Nexon is vfm (personal opinion).
singlaankush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:12   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlaankush View Post
Yes, I guess I did miss Ecosport. But i guess it never occurred to me due to two reasons :
1. We have two Figos at home. Loved it initially but last few years have been hard. Too many niggles and too costly parts. So was never considering Ford this time around.

2. Ecosport offers AT in petrol version only so it wasn't going to be on my radar anyways.

Still, top trim of Ecosport (AT, petrol) is abt 43k costlier than Nexon. It does offer 6 airbags but Nexon provides 'connected car' feature. I don't think there is any other major difference between the two. So still Nexon is vfm (personal opinion).
It also offers a proper auto gearbox and 1.5L engine. Any day better than the 1.2L in Nexon in my opinion for daily commute (unless one is obsessed with mileage).

Ford has also introduced this connected car nonsense since people seem to be obsessed with it these days. I am not sure if it is there in the AT variant though.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20200212090620.png  

JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 11:30   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
It also offers a proper auto gearbox and 1.5L engine. Any day better than the 1.2L in Nexon in my opinion for daily commute (unless one is obsessed with mileage).

Ford has also introduced this connected car nonsense since people seem to be obsessed with it these days. I am not sure if it is there in the AT variant though.

Yes, Ecosport has 1.5 litre engine against 1.2 L engine in Nexon. But their max power and max torque are almost similar. 121 BHP (Ecosport) against 118 BHP (Nexon) & 149 NM (Ecosport) against 170 NM (Nexon).

In my personal opinion, when connected cars provide me features like remote engine immobilizer etc, I would surely prefer it. It is as good as an insurance policy, if not better.
singlaankush is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed