Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2020, 10:50   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Has there been a change in the suspension setup (front) with the Nexon facelift?

This is what the 2020 Nexon specifications state -

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-new.jpg

Where as this is what the Gen 1 Nexon mentioned in brochure and also in the official review (@Aditya's review post quoted from official review) -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
McPherson dual path strut suspension with lower wishbone and coil springs in the front
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-old.jpg

The mention of "dual path strut" is conspicuously missing in the face-lift specifications. Is that a silent change in the setup OR a typical oversight / inconsistency from TML in documentation?

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th May 2020 at 10:55.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 12:48   #392
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Tata Nexon AMT’s fuel efficiency compared with its competitors.

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-smartselect_20200506124620_chrome.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-smartselect_20200506124647_chrome.jpg

Source :Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 13:39   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The mention of "dual path strut" is conspicuously missing in the face-lift specifications. Is that a silent change in the setup OR a typical oversight / inconsistency from TML in documentation?
I just tried to find some more details about this & turns out its a patented technology and the patent holder is Mitsubishi Motors.

US Pat - US6923461B2

Quite interesting to know that TML picked an alternative patented technology instead of the conventional ubiquitous McPherson struts in the Nexon. I'm still not sure if the setup has been carried forward to the 2020 face-lift or now its back to conventional struts design.
Old 10th June 2020, 11:13   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

A naive query possibly. I'm sure it might have been discussed and clarified elsewhere in past. Just not able to find it.

The new Nexon comes with onboard internal TPMS in the top trims, with a nicely integrated display within the driver's console. However -
  1. What happens when wheels are rotated? i.e. the wheels change positions to different corners of the car as per routine schedule?
  2. Does the new manual mention any way to re-map the sensors to wheel positions?
  3. How about this in other cars that have factory fit internal TPMS?

This crossed my mind simply because I installed the Sensairy TPMS over the weekend and their mobile app has a simple way to realign the sensors when wheel rotation is done. Without this function - after wheel rotation the readings will be of very little use - just to tell "one wheel has low pressure, go find it yourself".
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:14   #395
BHPian

Quote:
A naive query possibly. I'm sure it might have been discussed and clarified elsewhere in past. Just not able to find it.

The new Nexon comes with onboard internal TPMS in the top trims, with a nicely integrated display within the driver's console. However -
  1. What happens when wheels are rotated? i.e. the wheels change positions to different corners of the car as per routine schedule?
  2. Does the new manual mention any way to re-map the sensors to wheel positions?

This crossed my mind simply because I installed the Sensairy TPMS over the weekend and their mobile app has a simple way to realign the sensors when wheel rotation is done. Without this function - after wheel rotation the readings will be of very little use - just to tell "one wheel has low pressure, go find it yourself".
This might help, do keep us posted!
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:27   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
This might help, do keep us posted!
No I know the process, I meant to ask if this is properly taken care of in the new Nexon's console. Is this reset & realign of wheel positions properly explained in the new Nexon manual.
(I have the old Nexon. The question was merely curiosity based. )
Old 10th June 2020, 12:52   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In the Ecosport there is a self learning feature where once your are done with wheel rotation, there is a reset option in the tyre pressure MID window. Press and hold to reset and it picks up the new locations ! I am not sure how this works but i'm guessing the software must be referencing a common point maybe from the yaw rate sensor in the ESP/ESC (??).

EDIT: Found this on Wiki.

Quote:
If there are multiple antennas or receivers, this permits localisation of the TPM such that the vehicle can tell from which wheel the pressure data has come. As an alternative to this method, the vehicle can be programmed at the time of manufacture with the position of the tire together with its TPM serial number. This allows the vehicle to display which tire has low pressure.[10]

Also, some vehicles have low frequency radio transmitters mounted near to each wheel which can be used to force the individual TPMs to transmit at will. These typically use similar technology to 125 kHz RFID tags where the transmitted field is predominantly magnetic and can be easily detected by a small LF antenna located in the TPM. This method of localisation is often referred to as a high line system.

The LF antenna is also often used by the TPM for configuration and to force transmission so that localisation can be re-learned by the vehicle if a sensor is changed or the wheels rotated to even up tread wear.

A third method uses the UHF signal strength which is proportional to the distance of the TPM from the receiver. If the receiver is located towards the front of the vehicle, the signal from the front wheel TPM's will be stronger than that from the wheels at the rear.

The TPM also has a method of detecting the rotational direction of each wheel to identify which side of the vehicle the TPM is located and this information forms part of the message transmitted to the vehicle. This combination allows the correct wheel to be identified.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 10th June 2020 at 13:03.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 13:44   #398
BHPian

Just spoke to dealership manager about my new Nexon (Top end automatic dual tone green) delivery. His earlier promised date was 15th Jun. He had updated that there is a huge labor availability issue with respective to managing logistics from Pune to Bangalore. There were shortages interms of availability of trucks ofcourse due to shortage of staff (support team, drivers...etc) in the logistics chain. He mentioned that they had now booked via train and about 150+ cars (all models) are going to be loaded tonight for Bangalore. He is confident to deliver my new car by 22nd Jun (another one week from now). Keeping fingers crossed

Covid induced migration had infact hit every sector and now, probably, its time for reverse migration to ensure economic activity picksup speed.
Old 23rd June 2020, 20:00   #399
BHPian

Finally, after a long wait, my Nexon, 1.5D XZA (O), arrives home

It was really smooth delivery process as showroom as I had already done the PDI and released the payments 3 days ago.

Very happy to have 'Baloo' home

Felt like sharing this happy moment in life with my fellow BHP'ans.

Will share my experiences with Baloo periodically in future.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-20200623_191324.jpg  

TurboOnTarmac is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 10:39   #400
BHPian

Guys,
I got quotes for XMA Petrol variants in Mumbai and Nasik and all have quoted me 9.4 lakhs on road including 1 yr insurance but excluding extended warranty or any maintenance packages. That's like some 12000 rs discount from their price list.

Given the current market situation, do you think I should expect better discounts? Or waiting for another month will get some discounts? Delivery time promised is 15 days.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th June 2020 at 12:41. Reason: typo
Old 27th June 2020, 10:54   #401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Given the current market situation, do you'll think I should expect better discounts? Or waiting for another month will get some discounts? Delivery time promised is 15 days.
Waiting further may make the situation more uncertain as there can be another lockdown at your place due to ever raising corona cases. Also the dealership might not budge further on discounts as all or most of the dealerships were reeling under liquidity crunch.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 20:50   #402
BANNED

Does Tata Nexon 2020 gets "Adaptive Cruise control"?
Old 27th June 2020, 22:30   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIGNESHSP View Post
Does Tata Nexon 2020 gets "Adaptive Cruise control"?
Adaptive cruise control means the car will automatically slow down when the car in front slows down. These systems usually run on a combination of cameras and radar. Adaptive cruise control is available only on a select few premium cars, all of which are priced many times more than the Nexon. No car under 40L has adaptive cruise control.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 22:32   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys,
I got quotes for XMA Petrol variants in Mumbai and Nasik and all have quoted me 9.4 lakhs on road including 1 yr insurance but excluding extended warranty or any maintenance packages. That's like some 12000 rs discount from their price list.

Given the current market situation, do you think I should expect better discounts? Or waiting for another month will get some discounts? Delivery time promised is 15 days.
Dieselritzer - if I remember correctly, you were eyeing Brezza few months back. What made you change your mind to Nexon?

I am looking at Nexon for a purchase later this year and on comparing the two cars, Nexon scored higher because of better safety and power. Curious what drifted you towards Tata.

Last edited by warrioraks : 27th June 2020 at 23:02.
Old 27th June 2020, 23:18   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I am looking at Nexon for a purchase later this year and on comparing the two cars, Nexon scored higher because of better safety and power.
I think Ford Ecosport also makes the cut on these two aspects. If you don't mind, can you let know why did you choose the Nexon over Ecosport?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks