Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2020, 12:09   #421
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

XM seems to be the most value for money variant in the Nexon line-up. But why is there a 2 lakh premium on-road for the diesel engine? Is it that superior or is it because it gives much better mileage?
Old 11th July 2020, 12:26   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
XM seems to be the most value for money variant in the Nexon line-up. But why is there a 2 lakh premium on-road for the diesel engine? Is it that superior or is it because it gives much better mileage?
The manufacturing cost of a Euro IV compliant diesel engine is double the manufacturing cost of a Euro IV compliant petrol engine. Now with the introduction of Euro VI, the gap has increased further. No wonder diesels are dying!
Old 29th July 2020, 14:18   #423
Senior - BHPian

2020 Tata Nexon facelift review

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-smartselect_20200729141710_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-418089
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:11   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Video review from AutoCar India.

Old 7th August 2020, 14:38   #425
Senior - BHPian

Nexon Facelift Final Clay Model picture shared by Pratap Bose.

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-smartselect_20200807143554_instagram.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 17:49   #426
BHPian

Autocar's Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue.

Old 30th August 2020, 14:46   #427
BHPian

Any guesses about this ?
Is it the DCT !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-fb_img_1598778789417.jpg  

Sudarshan_N is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 17:34   #428

I am in market for my first car, a petrol cross, and I am confused between Freestyle titanium, Nexon XM and Ecosport Trend. Freestyle was my absolute choice in my budget and had booked it one month ago, but there seem to be no availability in color of my choice for another month or so. Now thinking of lower variants of Ecosport and Nexon.

What I like in Ecosport is the looks, the back with spare wheel is just amazing. I really loved the finish of both exteriors and interiors. There is high-end Sedan-ish finish in the built.

What I like in Nexon is the comfort and space apart from it being at par in driving capability. The micro design and seats are absolute fabulous. But, the looks are quirky and the panel gaps etc are too visible.

One reason why I was inclined towards Freestyle are the safety, anti-rollover and traction control features. Ecosort only offers these features in top variant while Nexon XM is loaded with TCS, hill assist and Brake assist. My question is how important are these features and can one give up for looks (Black Ecosport looks so premium)?

My second question is for Nexon modification, I am planning to add reverse camera and white roof wrap. Has anyone done that? How was the experience?
Old 2nd September 2020, 14:46   #429
BHPian

Let alone the features, the move is a thought out one from TATA. We may not have many takers for sunroof but everyone loves to have one. The XMS variant thus makes this desirability factor of sunroof as its USP and the mass market will love it.

TATA could have given auto climate control in XMS instead of any other feature added as an extra. I am sure that XMS will have a fair share of takers.
albertprince is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 20:14   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoAutum View Post
I am in market for my first car, a petrol cross, and I am confused between Freestyle titanium, Nexon XM and Ecosport Trend.

One reason why I was inclined towards Freestyle are the safety, anti-rollover and traction control features. Ecosort only offers these features in top variant while Nexon XM is loaded with TCS, hill assist and Brake assist. My question is how important are these features and can one give up for looks (Black Ecosport looks so premium)?
AFAIK, If safety is one of your concerns there is only one 5 star rated car in the three cars you shortlisted. So the decision is a little simpler. Secondly, a lot of people have gotten roof wraps done for Nexon. Concorde Bangalore gets roof wraps done before delivery too. I did see one, and looked very decent, and could not make out that the roof is wrapped!
Old 23rd November 2020, 08:15   #431
BHPian

Why TaMo is not advertising the 5 start GNCAP rating for Nexon facelift anywhere such as social media, brouchre, website or TVC?
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:26   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Why TaMo is not advertising the 5 start GNCAP rating for Nexon facelift anywhere such as social media, brouchre, website or TVC?
Because, the facelift has structural changes at the front and needs to be tested again for a rating.
carriage.retorq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:37   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
Because, the facelift has structural changes at the front and needs to be tested again for a rating.
I hope the facelift holds the same 5 star rating
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 00:13   #434
Senior - BHPian

Although the new Nexon is pretty well loaded a facebook post highlights how much corners Tata has actually cut with the new Nexon ! Copy pasting it(PS-read this as a comment on Ford's social media page, might sound a little biased, but IMO makes sense.)

a) No illuminated power window switches. Only driver window switch is illuminated Even my sister's 2016 Tiago gets this.
b) Ugly stalks to control the MID of the system. It's inconvenient as compared to EcoSport's steering mounted buttons and also causes a lot of distractions.
c) No separate display of climate control, it's only visible on touchscreen.
d) No light on passenger sun visor.
e) No request sensor on passenger doorside.
f) No Auto UP functionality on driver side window
g) Touchscreen is extremely laggy as compared to fantastic SYNC 3.0
h) Spare wheel is not an Alloy
i) Some missing features like- No Auto Dimming IRVM, No HID Headlights(Only halogen present),Only 2 airbags, No Puddle lights, No Ambient Lighting.

PS- On features, Nexon also offers a few niceties like- Rear AC vents (only vent, not rear AC), 6th Gear even on Diesel, Cooled Glovebox, Headlight ON using Key, Drive Modes, but that's it.
I feel Ecosport S offers much more, and somethings that are more important than what Nexon offers on Ecosport.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 10:41   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Although the new Nexon is pretty well loaded a facebook post highlights how much corners Tata has actually cut with the new Nexon ! Copy pasting it(PS-read this as a comment on Ford's social media page, might sound a little biased, but IMO makes sense.)

a) No illuminated power window switches. Only driver window switch is illuminated Even my sister's 2016 Tiago gets this.
b) Ugly stalks to control the MID of the system. It's inconvenient as compared to EcoSport's steering mounted buttons and also causes a lot of distractions.
c) No separate display of climate control, it's only visible on touchscreen.
d) No light on passenger sun visor.
e) No request sensor on passenger doorside.
f) No Auto UP functionality on driver side window
g) Touchscreen is extremely laggy as compared to fantastic SYNC 3.0
h) Spare wheel is not an Alloy
i) Some missing features like- No Auto Dimming IRVM, No HID Headlights(Only halogen present),Only 2 airbags, No Puddle lights, No Ambient Lighting.

PS- On features, Nexon also offers a few niceties like- Rear AC vents (only vent, not rear AC), 6th Gear even on Diesel, Cooled Glovebox, Headlight ON using Key, Drive Modes, but that's it.
I feel Ecosport S offers much more, and somethings that are more important than what Nexon offers on Ecosport.
Some points I agree to but the Nexon also has some important features that the lower variants of the EcoSport lack. (Leaving the S variant aside)

1. Rear AC vent
2. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in lower variants.
3. Space to accommodate the 5th passenger in the rear seat
4. Better ride quality.
5. 5 star crash safety rating.
These are more important to me than Auto headlights, auto wipers, HID vs Halogen.

Since lower variants are more preferred due to their VFM nature I would rather prefer the Nexon over the EcoSport. But in case of the S variant vs XZ(O) my choice will be the EcoSport.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed