Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2019, 20:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Service advisors chargesheeted for Maruti Ritz fire

Very sad to hear this news. It is a huge setback for the family and especially more so with the mother and kid duo. There is more to this than meets the eye. How is it possible that the occupants did not feel the burning smell. With power window mechanism, there are no such components which would blast-off. I also had some issue with the power window in my Ritz. It was just that they had got jammed due to less usage. After i reported the issue, the technicians, simply opened the door panel and a slight tap on the motor did the trick. At the worst case scenario, only thing that can happen is that the wires would get burnt out.

The Service advisors and the technicians are being made scapegoats.

Probably, the dealership would have figured it out that there was some problem in the car which was a potential hazard. They would have done some stop-gap arrangement so that the customer does not take a note of it. I am sure that customer did not get any fitment done from outside. Else, the dealership would have blatantly shirked off the claim saying that accessories were fitted from outside and hence they do not own up the issue.
Old 27th March 2019, 10:08   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Service advisors chargesheeted for Maruti Ritz fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
Does anyone know a good tool to break out of the car in such emergencies?
Please check this thread (Kubotan: The $5 safety device that can break a car window & help you escape a fire).

I keep this one in the glovebox of my cars.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks