Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 17:50   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

^ What do they mean by late sale?

At a cursory glance the cost has marginally decreased if I consider the 10 year BSI Plus plan. For a new 3 series with a diesel engine it is listed at 3.1L + tax. How much is the tax on this? 18%? Approximately it would cost around 3.7L including tax. I currently paid approx. 4.1L for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
In the past also, they have run such schemes but those were free, and no one noticed, now at reduced prices looks everyone is interested
There is a slight difference in that. When they offered BSI packs free, the cash discount upfront becomes less. In the end the effective discount would not vary much. In this case one can claim the full cash discount benefit and also enjoy lesser service costs.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th April 2019 at 17:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 17:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW Service Inclusive packages start at Rs. 0.97 per km for 3-Series & X1

New Rates valid on all BMW Cars Bought if Packages are bought within 1 Month of Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is it the beginning of the end of us German car owners getting ripped off in services?
Quote:
To me, this looks just like a subvention scheme where manufacturer bears the difference.
Just got an updated information, the lower rates are Valid for Purchase of New Cars, any models including "M" within One Month of purchase, unfortunately no benefits for existing owners
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 19:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
In this case one can claim the full cash discount benefit and also enjoy lesser service costs.
Exactly what I did. When I bought the 330i, I only discussed cash discount, no bundled service packs. Now that I have the car with me for 2 months and 3300km, I can focus on what service pack would make sense if any.
Old 5th April 2019, 19:23   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
s. Now that I have the car with me for 2 months and 3300km, I can focus on what service pack would make sense if any.
Try if they make an exception and allow you to buy the pack.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 19:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Try if they make an exception and allow you to buy the pack.
Not sure what you mean. They already sent me the revised prices and those are what I posted. Now it's up to me to decide.
Old 5th April 2019, 19:35   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. They already sent me the revised prices and those are what I posted. Now it's up to me to decide.
The new prices are valid if your Car is within 1 Month, else old prices like past are higher. Double check with them. Their is lot of confusion relating to this even at Dealership level.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 23:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Attaching prices for the entire BMW line-up (effective April 3, 2019). Prices exclusive of taxes

Diesel first month:
Attachment 1865926
Thanks.

Time to write email to BMW India seeking refund of Rs. 1,39,300 w/o 18% GST. True test of BMW brand. Will revert how it transpires.

Overall saving of 46% over previous BSI service package considering new cost as base.

Buy service package, you will safeguard price inflation.

In other news, BMW India has reduced BSI prices for all vehicles. Interestingly BMW X7 BSI+RI prices have been disclosed as well.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 5th April 2019 at 23:19.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 13:08   #23
BHPian

Great news for prospective buyers.

Lower BSI prices coupled with hilariously good discounts would make the idea of buying sparingly used premium cars counter intuitive .
Old 22nd May 2019, 20:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Time to write email to BMW India seeking refund of Rs. 1,39,300 w/o 18% GST. True test of BMW brand. Will revert how it transpires.
Update:

BMW India refused to refund extra amount.

They weren't even ready to refund for 9 years; since my X1 has 9 more years of BSI Plus valid. BMW will be saving cost; why not pass it onto customers?

I believed it was a fair request.

Would have earned a lot of praise from their current and prospective customers.

Looks like high sales have gotten to their heads. Bad move BMW India.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 02:41   #25

I think this is just another side effect of the brexit phenomenon. Out here in Qatar, BMW is giving a jaw dropping offer of free service package equivalent to the BSI plus for 100000km/10 year in India on new vehicles including the all new 3 series. It's really a buyer's market now all over.
roaddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 13:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a call from delaer that these prices are valid only till 31st May after which they will increase. Mine is a Jan 2019 330i and and I have done 5200km so far. Hence considering 1st service won't be due before November, I was thinking of going for the BSI just before November.

Shouldn't the prices remain the same after 1 month of sale date?

I am thinking of basic BSI for 3 years, 40000km which costs @45K. Assuming this will cover 3 oil change services, the cost seems reasonable. 5years/80000km BSI is priced at 1.10L which seems okay too, but that would mean taking 1L out of the mutual funds and blocking the amount :-)

BTW, what is the cost of brake pads and disks? And wiper blades? These 3 things are not in BSI and the "plus" packages are much more expensive. Sof if the "plus" charges us for the price of pads and disks and blades, then what's the point? I may better keep that amount in MFs and spend when needed.

Opinions please!
Old 27th May 2019, 14:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
They weren't even ready to refund for 9 years; since my X1 has 9 more years of BSI Plus valid. BMW will be saving cost; why not pass it onto customers?
I would have agreed with you had it been just a month or two between you taking the BSI and new prices coming out. But price fluctuations happens and this time as a rare occurrence rates come down. Only instance I can remember of refunds is the S-Cross 1.6 initial customers who got some refund + service contract when the prices were slashed.

Quote:
I believed it was a fair request.
Would you have volunteered to pay extra if the rates would have gone up?

Quote:
So if the "plus" charges us for the price of pads and disks and blades, then what's the point? I may better keep that amount in MFs and spend when needed.
Opinions please!
If you have a general range of mileage per year, you can take a better decision. Personally if I were in your place, I would take the BSI Plus or nothing at all. If you don't opt for any BSI, just get oil change and smaller things done at BMW workshop and the rest expensive stuff at local FNGs. You will find many competent workshops that deal with Germans in Pune.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 00:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I would have agreed with you had it been just a month or two between you taking the BSI and new prices coming out. But price fluctuations happens and this time as a rare occurrence rates come down. Only instance I can remember of refunds is the S-Cross 1.6 initial customers who got some refund + service contract when the prices were slashed.
Let's agree to disagree.

I believed it was a fair request and still stand by it because the amount isn't small.

46% reduction in service cost. BMW India should have refunded it across to all current BSI owners.

I'm sure most would have upgraded to 10 yrs BSI instead of taking refund.

Unless it was a marketing stunt by BMW India as can be seen from below quote. Another bad move by BMW India.

Quote:
I got a call from delaer that these prices are valid only till 31st May after which they will increase.
Quote:
Mine is a Jan 2019 330i and and I have done 5200km so far. Hence considering 1st service won't be due before November, I was thinking of going for the BSI just before November.

Opinions please!
If you are going to clock mileage and drive with a heavy foot then it makes sense. CBS reduces kilometers quickly when driven hard.

E.g. Got my 1st service due at 9000 kms when its at 12,000 kms/1 year.

Currently clocked 3000 kms more and CBS is already down by 5000 kms. A variance of 2000 kms.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 19:55   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

BSI Plus for 5 YRS/80,000KM

Had a discussion with service center (Bavaria Motors) and asked them for the prices of the parts and annual servicing costs to understand how much savings BSI and BSI Plus would bring if any.

For the 330i, here are the numbers I got from them (if no BSI or BSI Plus is taken):
Annual servicing: ~27000 (oil, oil filter, air filter, labor)
Front brake pads (pair): ~28000
Rear brake pads(pair): ~28000
Front brake discs aka rotors (pair): ~40000
Rear brake discs aka rotors (pair): ~42000
Wiper blades: ~8500

Over 5 years and 80,000km of running, I was told the following expenses would generally occur:
Annual servicing: 5 times
Front and rear brake pads: would need to be replaced twice
Front and rear brake discs: would need to be replaced once
Wiper blades: 5 (yearly)
Brake oil change: twice (every 2 years)

Summing up:
Total cost for 5 years/80,000km: ~4.49L
BSI Plus for 5 years/80,000km: ~1.99L
Savings (not considering interest and opportunity costs): ~2.49L

IMO, the part prices and servicing costs shared above may be inflated by the dealer to amplify the potential savings of BSI Plus. But I have no way to confirm it.

Looking at various ownership threads on the forum I gather that most owners aren't really driving their BMWs much. These cars are just lying around clocking hardly 6 or 7000km in a year and there is not much info about their servicing and parts cost. Other owners have BSI or BSI Plus and hence they aren't aware of the servicing and parts cost either!

In this situation, I wanted to see how it goes at first service and also monitor how the brake pads wear over first year and then take a decision. But today was the last day for "early pricing" for my 330i (Jan 2019 sale) and prices applicable tomorrow onward would be 16% more.

So I chose the BSI Plus for 5 YRS/80,000KM for 1.99L.

Hope this information is useful

P.S. Did I forget to mention that according to me these spare part prices and servicing costs are a loot? Daylight robbery! Blackmailing for just brand value!!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 31st May 2019 at 20:02.
anandpadhye is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 20:37   #30
BHPian

2L for 5yr / 80K kms is a steal! That's only 40K per year, while min expenditure per year is going to be 25K plus just for oil changes!

The prices quoted per service are slightly inflated (say 20-30%) but not by too much. But you are highly likely to get more than 5 oil changes at 80K kms, and more than 2 sets of brake pads. With this pack, you are free to enjoy your car to the fullest while not having to worry about accelerated replacements for wear and tear items.

I wish BMW had such service packages for older cars too, without having to pay for previous services. Like for my 5 yr old car, if I have to get a service pack, I have to pay for the 10 yr plan to get the next 5 years of services. Ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Why can't they just price plans according to the services remaining? This is right up there on the stupidity scale as charging for Apple Carplay and not having Android Auto at all.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks