Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 16:07   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021

First Citroen C5 Aircross rolls off the production line in India.

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-4518608581f545f094a3168db62a4144.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-ad4225d3fa7f44ddb2b048023183c3f4.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (40) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:51   #152
BHPian

Citroen says its five key aims of the Citroën Advanced Comfort Programme are illustrated in the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV:

- Flying Carpet Effect for cushioning the discomfort from road bumps through the Progressive Hydraulic Cushion equipped suspension system, exclusively developed by Citroën.

- A stress-free travel environment Cocooned in Comfort with Acoustic Windscreen & Front Window glasses, Advanced Comfort seats with memory foam and 3 individually adjustable, reclining and modular rear seats that fold flat to offer a class leading boot space.

- Panoramic Life with brighter and airier cabin and relaxing views of the scenery outside especially with its Panoramic Sunroof (Top end variant)

- Intuitive Technologies to simplify life on-board which include the Grip Control System with multiple drive surface options, Blind Spot Monitoring System, Park Assist feature which enables parking of the car with only the brake and accelerator control while the car steers itself, Foot Operated Electric Tailgate (Top end variant), Engine Stop & Start function, a 12.3 inch Digital Driver Display, a 8 inch Infotainment Touchscreen with Phone Mirroring function, Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto amongst a host of other technological features.

Powerful yet refined 2.0 litre Diesel Engine and 8-speed "Efficient Automatic Transmission" with Shift and Park by wire control, that will provide fuel-efficient and comfortable drive.

Source.

Last edited by kamilharis : 28th January 2021 at 19:14.
kamilharis is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:29   #153
BHPian

Weren't they going to start their journey with CBU imports?
Or is it the CKD route under the 2500 cars rule?
Or are they assembling it here through locally sourced components? Like this 2.0L engine coming from FCA being one of them. (or should I say Stellantis now?)

If their play is going to be purely on comfort, then the Tuscon would be their only competitor in that 30L segment, but then we will have to wait for full review to really understand magical its ride would turn out.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:49   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Citroen says its five key aims of the Citroën Advanced Comfort Programme are illustrated in the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV:

- Flying Carpet Effect for cushioning the discomfort from road bumps through the Progressive Hydraulic Cushion equipped suspension system, exclusively developed by Citroën.

- A stress-free travel environment Cocooned in Comfort with Acoustic Windscreen & Front Window glasses, Advanced Comfort seats with memory foam and 3 individually adjustable, reclining and modular rear seats that fold flat to offer a class leading boot space.

- Panoramic Life with brighter and airier cabin and relaxing views of the scenery outside especially with its Panoramic Sunroof (Top end variant)

Source.
Sounds like the perfect laidback car, if all these innovations do work well. Reminds me of what I've read about the legendary Citroen DS, let's hope this is a semi-worthy successor.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-440px1973_citroe776n_d_spe769cial_sedan_20110512_02.jpg  

Sudarshan42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 22:19   #155
BHPian

Wanted to share my experience of owning a Citroen, though a different one (a pre-worshipped 2014 C4 Grand Picasso, the 5+2 seat version). The cars are really great on practicality quotient (read all round visibility, storage spaces, lots of useful features etc) but one big issue is the reliability of the electronics. And I believe this is something that is already a general perception so nothing new or specific to my case.
I have owned my car for about a year now and driven about 10.5k kms and some of the failures encountered:

1. The Electronic Brake failure message popping up - has been there almost from the first day, have got it serviced twice already and within a day pops up again. It is a random error and doesn't come up always. I have started ignoring it now since every time the service centre says they have cleared all errors and there is no problem. ESP not working error - appeared once while we were on a 300 Km journey. Since it was an airport run, I didn't have the luxury of stopping and calling for help. There were no other issues but during the drive I did feel slight slippage a couple of times. Again after a long stop and a restart did not appear again.
  2. The cornering headlamps not working - again an error message pop-up, addressed during the service but popped again after a day or two. It's been about a month and half since the first time it popped up and since then and even after a service it still pops up almost every alternate drive. Though everything other function of the headlamps (Auto Headlamps, Auto levelling beams) works well the cornering function stops working till the next stop and restart cycle.

Apart from these issues, it is a very nice practical car with a brilliant suspension. I purchased the car at 85xxx kms and now it is around 96xxx kms and absolutely no other issues. Has been a great drive all through.

Last edited by ampere : 29th January 2021 at 07:37. Reason: not to now
zadoom is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:36   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Citroën launches new ad-campaign called Disconnect in Complete Comfort for its C5 Aircross SUV:
https://Youtu.be/dKlHswXpIpk
What a copy of this Bajaj Avenger ad

fast&curious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:53   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
Weren't they going to start their journey with CBU imports?
Or is it the CKD route under the 2500 cars rule?
Or are they assembling it here through locally sourced components? Like this 2.0L engine coming from FCA being one of them. (or should I say Stellantis now?)

If their play is going to be purely on comfort, then the Tuscon would be their only competitor in that 30L segment, but then we will have to wait for full review to really understand magical its ride would turn out.
It'll be CKD units assembled in the TN factory. That means it is indeed going to cost over 30L. Citroen has also revealed details of the C5 Aircross's engine-gearbox combination. It will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes with 181PS and 400 Nm. An eight-speed Aisin-sourced torque converter will be the gearbox option paired with ESC-based drive modes.

Let's see how the market react to it. DoA? Only time will tell.
ASP007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 13:53   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure why will we call it DOA, looks like to a very competent well rounded car. Hyundai has a gen old car selling in India. Till they do not get the new Gen (Which now will be pretty much on all buyer mind, not many want a 30 Lac car to be called last gen in few months), they will hardly see numbers.

That means on price front this will compete with Jeep, but with better space inside, and almost matching all features, and maybe few more. Stance wise this looks like a bigger car and more alike to SUV. If Citroen can price it well and support it well, they can sell in good numbers. I for one am very interested in this car, so much so, that I might prefer this over the Jeep, just by looking at photos. How it drives in comparison to jeep, we will have to see.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 12:29   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post

This reads to me as safety is not our priority right now. But I trust it carries a 4 star rating.

MOD NOTE - Please quote *ONLY* the relevant bits of the post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2021 at 18:01. Reason: Mod note attached.
mdmahanti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 13:16   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahanti View Post
This reads to me as safety is not our priority right now. But I trust it carries a 4 star rating.
The Citroen C5 aircross is 4 star certified and 5 star certified (with additional safety pack). Here is the Euro Ncap video.

The Euro NCap is among the most stringent tests.
Behemoth is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 14:40   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Not sure why will we call it DOA, looks like to a very competent well rounded car.

That means on price front this will compete with Jeep, but with better space inside, and almost matching all features, and maybe few more. Stance wise this looks like a bigger car and more alike to SUV. If Citroen can price it well and support it well, they can sell in good numbers. I for one am very interested in this car, so much so, that I might prefer this over the Jeep, just by looking at photos. How it drives in comparison to jeep, we will have to see.
The problem is with the brand. Citroen is unknown for many and for sure doesnot enjoy fan following as the Jeep. Compass when launched, used a lot of its past legacy in India and their 4x4 heritage, though the underlying car is more Fiat. Again Compass starts at 16.99 ex-showroom and 30L ex showroom means, C5 will have to fight the big 3(Fortuner, Endeavour and Gloster).
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 15:07   #162
Senior - BHPian

CITROËN Brand Film 2021 - Now in India

C5 Aircross will get a 2.0-litre diesel engine that develops 175 bhp and 400 Nm of peak torque. The motor is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission. Notable features are an 8-inch touchscreen, a digital instrument cluster, air purification, connected car tech, panoramic sunroof and e-brake. It is a 5-seater and comes with a boot space of 580 litres that can be expanded to 1630 litres with the rear seats folded.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c2.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c3.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c4.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c5.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c6.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c7.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c1.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 1st February 2021 at 15:35.
RM Motorsports is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 15:14   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
CITROËN Brand Film 2021 - Now in India
Good one! I like their precise market positioning - COMFORT! Period! No big talks about power, performance, styling, features, etc. Just comfort. While a lot will depend on the pricing, I'm sure this messaging around comfort will draw footfalls to the showroom, if nothing else. Good to see a new brand trying to get a foothold in India.

All the best to them
cool_dube is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 15:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

Here's the technical specifications & Safety features. Dark themed interiors look luxurious. Panoramic sunroof to be on offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c9.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c10.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c11.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c12.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c1.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c2.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c3.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-c4.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-a1.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-a2.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-a3.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-a4.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 1st February 2021 at 15:52.
RM Motorsports is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 15:57   #165
Senior - BHPian

The full brochure in PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure - The New Citroën C5 Aircross SUV.pdf (17.84 MB, 5232 views)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 1st February 2021 at 15:58.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed