Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 19:37   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The embargo ends on 15th February; if you are shopping in this segment, WAIT FOR IT. That is all I can say right now
Wow, that sums up alot.

It would be interesting if they are able to price it similar to the tucson/compass/tiguan as the car definitely looks wide and i am personally keen on trying out that suspension they seem to be boasting about

Boot seems to be humongous too, I wish they liberated bit more rear seat leg room by reducing the boot to say 500 ltr(still huge)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 19:55   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post

Here’s the link for those interested. He’s one of my favourite reviewers on YouTube.

https://Youtu.be/d4ZjKECqZIU
Mat Watson is a "blooming wonderful" (to use the British phrase) reviewer amongst all the vlogging car reviewers.

But at around 5:36 in the video, when he sits in the rear seat, is the headrest rising up on it's own or is he prodding it up with his shoulder or something? Looks way too smooth to have been done manually.

Edit: Watched it at 0.25x speed and yes, he is pushing it up with his shoulder, that sly fellow. Hoodwinked me for a minute.

Last edited by kung_foo_fanta : 9th February 2021 at 19:59. Reason: Clarifying own query after reviewing the YouTube video
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 22:36   #303
Senior - BHPian

French are known for their design flair and this one looks chic, too. Aircross looks like no other car on road and that should work for our novelty-seeking experimenting buyers. Citroen is coming with all guns blazing in feature and style department, taking a leaf out of Koreans' books. Citroen has no baggage in India and no past screw-ups which is a big plus for them. As GTO has rightly pointed out, they should spend a few crores on subsidizing price to push out as many numbers out on road as they can in first 3-4 months. Thereafter, word-of-mouth and familiar sight on road does the rest. No point spending big money on ad and celebrity glitz. A person I know put his Seltos purchase on hold to check this one out. But, I wonder if this one would be in the same ballpark price-wise.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:30   #304
Team-BHP Support

I just realised that one offshoot of their comfortable three abreast independent seats at the back is there is no middle arm rest. I don’t mind it - definitely its a worthwhile payoff for what you get in its place with three proper seats with independent drop down feature. But that’s one thing chauffeuring driven buyers will have to be mindful of if they use this feature frequently.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 13:16   #305
BANNED

The pneumatic suspension of Citroen is great. If fact Rolls uses the same components. Hyper smooth ride.

One additional benefit is that the suspension can be raised or lowered from inside the car. No need for jacks. Raise it, put in a stand and lower it. The wheels are off the ground. Of course if you meet a rough road then go higher.

The negative is that if you park on a curb then overnight the suspension settles and the car is on the curb. So watch out.
sgiitk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 21:09   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The pneumatic suspension of Citroen is great. If fact Rolls uses the same components. Hyper smooth ride.

The negative is that if you park on a curb then overnight the suspension settles and the car is on the curb. So watch out.
I presume you were referring to the what Citroen calls 'Hydramatic' which doesn't feature in the C5. The hydraulic cushions suspension seems at best an improvement of the conventional spring damper system. Curious (also hopeful) to see if it really gives the 'magic carpet' ride associated with the brand.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 05:53   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I just realised that one offshoot of their comfortable three abreast independent seats at the back is there is no middle arm rest. I don’t mind it
I wonder if you can flip the backrest of the middle seat to make it a centre armrest. Maybe that’s possible? Lets see!
Old 14th February 2021, 09:08   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I wonder if you can flip the backrest of the middle seat to make it a centre armrest. Maybe that’s possible? Lets see!
Yes you can flip it, but I feel it would be too low (shorter adults/kids might be comfortable) for everyone. But Honda does it for all their vehicles where the armrest falls flat completely.
Old 14th February 2021, 09:18   #309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The pneumatic suspension of Citroen is great.
Are we getting this special suspension on this model, or is Citroen even producing this any longer?

Quote:
One additional benefit is that the suspension can be raised or lowered from inside the car. No need for jacks. Raise it, put in a stand and lower it. The wheels are off the ground.
How will that happen? We can raise height of many cars but the wheels always stay on the ground, how's this Citroen technology different?
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:01   #310
Senior - BHPian

In the run up to the India launch of the C5 Aircross, list of the first 10 cities where Citroen’s La Maison showrooms will open.

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-smartselect_20210214120112_chrome.jpg

Source
Old 14th February 2021, 12:23   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
How will that happen? We can raise height of many cars but the wheels always stay on the ground, how's this Citroen technology different?
Explained by Jeno Leno although this is not the technology which features in the C5

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 14th February 2021 at 12:25.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 14:16   #312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Explained by Jeno Leno here although this is not the technology which features in the C5
Thanks. Must be on a one or few models in the past. I don’t think this will be available on any of their newer products, so why are they still publicizing this? Or am I missing something!
Old 14th February 2021, 15:49   #313
Senior - BHPian

For a car focusing on comfort, a good test result from the test on handling is a pleasant surprise. The hydraulic cushions suspension looks like the cost effective successor to the famed hydro pneumatic suspension

Citroen's singular approach to comfort is evident in the brochure - from suspension to NVH to even the seat design being highlighted
GeeTee TSI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 23:27   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The embargo ends on 15th February; if you are shopping in this segment, WAIT FOR IT. That is all I can say right now
I wasn't yet looking at this segment SUV, but after seeing some videos of it, I must say I'm very interested now. Mainly due to the rear passenger seat, the quality inside and boot space. I'm also waiting eagerly for TBhp review now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
In the run up to the India launch of the C5 Aircross, list of the first 10 cities where Citroen’s La Maison showrooms will open.
Attachment 2121479
Only PPS Motors for Bengaluru? I hope BLR ends up with more than 1 dealer. I did not have a good initial experience with PPS Kia Motors near Bellandur ORR.
PPS motors also seems to be deep pockets? They just opened Skoda's second dealership experience for BLR (TAFE being the other, Vinayak motors were shut down).

----------

Seems like a nice, detailed review:

A short, quick 5 good features preview from Citroen Ireland:
Old 15th February 2021, 06:21   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2119613
15th has arrived! Eagerly waiting for this. At what time the review could be available?

PS- Pardon my eagerness and curiosity!

Last edited by 07CR : 15th February 2021 at 06:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks