Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 13:51   #256
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
It is not a CBU. There is no question of launching at CBU pries. This is a CKD car, manufactured in Tamil Nadu, India. Page 11 of this thread shows photos of the roll out from the Indian manufacturing plant.
My bad and sincere apology. I just got carried away by looking at Rs 25 Lakhs discussion and assumed CBU.
abhijet.sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 14:01   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
The media drive vehicles could be a CBU import which were made in an LHD country, for the purpose of exporting to RHD countries. Just my guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Great observation!

I hope it was just an anomaly in the media cars and the production cars will have gear lever on the right. Else it will be a major ergonomic flaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinRS View Post
I may be wrong, but I must point out that this is not a video from an Indian dealership. I say so based on the following observations:

1. Have a closer look at the video at 00:32 to 00:37 and from 3:46 to 3:47 - the cars parked outside give away the fact that this video has not been shot in India. Let's see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
I think I can shed some light on this. Like a whole bunch of brands, Citroën doesn't put in the effort to properly tailor its models to RHD (minority) markets.
Appreciate everyone's inputs! Thank you.

After re-watching the walk-around video a few times, I too am not certain if the vehicles / dealership being shown are in India or not.

Manufacturers need to stop giving RHD markets such step-motherly treatment when it comes to ergonomic issues such as this. If I remember correctly, certain models (Ford & Renault?) launched in India had their fuel door / bonnet release handles located in the front passenger foot-well! Most manufacturers have currently ironed out such issues, to be fair.

Guess we will have to wait and see what Citroen implements in the production-ready vehicles. Fingers crossed, they won't ignore such a glaring ergonomic error. Especially since they already seem to have the C5 available with the gear shift oriented to RHD markets (as seen in the video being discussed)!
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 09:56   #258
Senior - BHPian

Citroen India C5 Aircross comfort class drive is now in Mumbai. Would like to see some great pictures from Team-BHP Moderators drive.

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210206_095132.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-smartselect_20210206095503_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th February 2021 at 10:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 11:41   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
So I am assuming either the media drive or commercial ad shoot was taking place.
So well could be media drives / walk arounds, with embargo on giving out complete details. Check out the youtube links below. Its funny how one of them is poiting out at all details, but not 'talking' about them

Diesel_Drives is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 13:01   #260
Senior - BHPian

They cant even say its good looking or great

If the price is right, it will make a great family car. Dont have to be a canyon carver since long trips on highways should be relaxing looking at the width and seats. The seats look like sofa but doesnt seem to have the sporty carved looks for the driver and front passenger.
Old 7th February 2021, 13:53   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Looking forward to seeing the C5 in the flesh soon! I love the design, features, engine option, etc. Seems to be an overall well balanced package.

However, I'm a little confused about something I observed.

Vehicles in the pictures from the media drive - Gear shifter is located on the left side of the centre console (far from the driver on an RHD car).

Vehicle in the walkaround video - Gear shifter is located on the right side of the centre console (closer to the driver on an RHD car).

Can someone clear out why this is the case? Am I missing something here?
Not really, if you observe carefully, the A, B and D pedals are reversed. This indicates the video is just a mirror of the original LHD video that someone would have made. I am following C5 for sometime now and it is safe to say the car will not have the gear lever fixed for the indian market.

This could actually be a problem in India as we tend to ride our kids on our laps seated at front, unlike say UK. The gear level would be the first thing catching of our kids to fiddle with and could be dangerous.

Certainly hoping Citroen fixes this for good for RHD markets.

BTW, this is my first post on Team-BHP and finally glad to be here and live
starrys987 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 16:05   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrys987 View Post
This could actually be a problem in India as we tend to ride our kids on our laps seated at front, unlike say UK. The gear level would be the first thing catching of our kids to fiddle with and could be dangerous.

BTW, this is my first post on Team-BHP and finally glad to be here and live
Welcome to the forum, first of all.

Your post itself tells you why we should not have kids sitting at the front. I don't think Citroen or any manufacturer should change it because we have to sit kids in the front. They should change it for ergonomic reasons. My kids,7 & 3 respectively are used to sitting on child seats because I would insist from the day they started their journey in the car. If no space for other people in the family, I would gladly book others a premium cab.
Avinash_R is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 17:01   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrys987 View Post
If the baby is on the lap, then it's already a dangerous thing to do.

If anything, that should be a reminder to the parents to not keep the baby/child on lap. The right place for the babies is a car seat, IMO.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 17:59   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Welcome to the forum, first of all.

Your post itself tells you why we should not have kids sitting at the front. I don't think Citroen or any manufacturer should change it because we have to sit kids in the front. They should change it for ergonomic reasons. My kids,7 & 3 respectively are used to sitting on child seats because I would insist from the day they started their journey in the car. If no space for other people in the family, I would gladly book others a premium cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
If the baby is on the lap, then it's already a dangerous thing to do.

If anything, that should be a reminder to the parents to not keep the baby/child on lap. The right place for the babies is a car seat, IMO.
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, no doubt it is dangerous to seat kids/infants on the lap of a front seat passenger. I don't allow it too when my kids travel with me. Hence, I am seriously looking forward to the C5.

However, the set of people rigorously following this are very few and akin to a needle in a haystack. Unfortunately, everywhere we focus our eye lenses, we see people not following this simple rule. This has proven costly for one of my far off relative long time ago. This is a still a pertinent problem in our problem.

Even if we were to assume to the depth of our riding population follows the rule of not seating kids on their laps, manufacturers should still port the cars from LHD <-> RHD completely.

Citroen RHD also loses out on a lot of glove box space to the fuse box which is not ported to its desired position in the RHD car.
starrys987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 18:12   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Dealership walkaround video of the C5 Aircross is up.

https://Youtu.be/sah5vC7x-bc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
You're quite right. Just went through the video. And to me it very much looks like a walkaround at an Indian outlet.

So here's my revised theory - they appear to have done a bit more work wrt RHD conversion. Whether that's with time for everywhere, or for India, I don't know. Either way, it's good.

And yeah, the media cars (and the ones used for brochures pictures ) are probably CBU RHD models with the gear lever inexplicably still in LHD orientation on those
The video is not of India, the video is from a LHD market. The video has been reversed to make it look like a RHD version.

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-7cc5499b0b9f403195e849b1bad86e39.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-29a9d06154e24ec797387ddc5536050f.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-8be982abc7f44799a1f9b8784f164f70.png

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-2dc3e9a157f64ab68b01f663ed495368.png

Seeing these grabs from the video, the paddle shifters are + on the left and - on the right which should be opposite, electric parking brake has its ‘P’ reversed. There is a sedan and van parked outside the dealership which aren’t India models.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 19:29   #266
BHPian

I see a lot of scepticism regarding the brand’s launch on the forum which is surprising as we would appreciate a new car brand trying to enter into our market.

We should not look down by pin pointing every flaw because if we do, most of the vehicles in our country would be dismissed.

Wasn’t KIA’s entry also looked down upon? Look at KIA disrupt the entire Indian Car Scene with their limited number of vehicles.

I’m not saying we should overlook the negatives but rather that we should be patient and unbiased.
alikidwhy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 19:56   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Vehicle in the walkaround video - Gear shifter is located on the right side of the centre console (closer to the driver on an RHD car).
The walkaround video is not of RHD vehicle. Look at the P R N D on the gear lever it is inverted. The video has been inverted to look like RHD. Not sure why...
Name:  Screenshot at Feb 07 194754.png
Views: 4547
Size:  1.81 MB
naikameya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 10:30   #268
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C5 Aircross in some beautiful locations of Mumbai during comfort class drive.

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210208_102708.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210208_102711.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210208_102714.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210208_102717.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210208_102630.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-20210208_102700.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 10:48   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Just wish Citroen tastes success and launch a Creta rival soon. With diesel options.

There is a serious dearth of comfort oriented high riders in our market and even previously soft riding brands have now gone for a stiff setup.
Ofcourse stiff setup is better for high speed ride, but the reason number one(atleast for me) to buy these crossovers over sedans is the rough road friendly nature. And insulating the passengers from the road surface should be a given.

Guessing the Citroens would have good ride comfort looking at the history of French cars.
Have to wait till the official reviews start coming in, to see if it's true for Indian version too.
A Hexa/Duster beating one.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 12:06   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin View Post
The Mumbai dealership is also finalised and the showroom will open in Q1 2021 at Worli
Anyone knows where exactly this is / to be located? Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks