Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 10:28   #316
BHPian

re: Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
For South Mumbai and Suburbs folks,

Had got a call from Ford yesterday stating that to service your Ford the nearest service centre now is Rudra or Satyam Ford in Thane. No mention of Bhavna Ford?

Can anyone confirm whether Bhavna Ford is still operational?
Can confirm that Bhavna Kalina workshop is functional. Got my figo sports edition serviced about a month back.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 23:53   #317
BHPian

re: Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra

As per recent sales report, ford India holds a market share of less than 2% share. Is this a direct fallout of new car models from Korean stable or an inherent sales/marketing failure?

Anyone with any insights? I personally own ecosport diesel and very happy so far. Sometimes reports as such makes me doubt my decision.

Thanks.
Old 29th November 2020, 08:43   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
As per recent sales report, ford India holds a market share of less than 2% share. Is this a direct fallout of new car models from Korean stable or an inherent sales/marketing failure?

Anyone with any insights? I personally own ecosport diesel and very happy so far. Sometimes reports as such makes me doubt my decision.

Thanks.
Combination of both, I would say. Ecosport created a new segment and they didn't have a competitor for months but had production shortage initially. They had a golden opportunity to extend the platform and release a suv of creta size but let koreans run away with it.

They have been slow to respond to changes in the market. Deletion of features that were coveted by the people didn't help.

Marketing wise, Endeavour came with hands free parking but we haven't seen that in the ads while gloster is milking that very feature in the ads. How many ads did we see of figo/ freestyle? Even now, how many ads of ford do we see?

Constant changes at Ford USA is not helping which I believe is filtering down to the decision making here. Saying that, I don't think they will totally exit the market like GM did and am looking to buy the ecosport next year when world becomes normal because it offers the best combination of the driving experience and safety for my young family. Am also looking forward to the 8 SUVs Mahindra and ford will launch. Having a Fiesta 1.6s for the last 8 years and with the low service costs, am willing to stick with them unlike Hyundai who keep burning my hands when I give my 3 year old grand i10 for service.

Last edited by Avinash_R : 29th November 2020 at 08:53. Reason: Formatting
Avinash_R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 08:58   #319
BHPian

Well, I see ford ads as Google ads. May be it is not as much in the main stream media. That said, they have gaping miss in the premium hatchback and sedan segment. Why can't they just launch droolworthy Ford focus and puma here in India, i am sure they will be an instant hit.

I am not reading too much into this JV, as it happened before too. Although ecosport facelift I am personally keen on. Let's see what the future holds for we enthusiasts.

Cheers.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 20:40   #320
BHPian

Ford EcoSport facelift to be launched in February 2021.

Not sure if this is a mere cosmetic change or we are going to see substantial changes in the car with a new engine.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-202...ng-in-feb/amp/
Col Mehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 21:59   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Ford EcoSport facelift to be launched in February 2021.

Not sure if this is a mere cosmetic change or we are going to see substantial changes in the car with a new engine.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-202...ng-in-feb/amp/
Ford dealers here in Bangalore ran out of stock in the first week of December for Ecosport AT. But, they were pushing to go ahead and make the booking for February 2021 delivery to lock the current price (Two dealers). If in case the Feburary 2021 facelift news is indeed true, would they even take booking? Need some expert advice on how manufacturers roll out a facelift? Do they hold the bookings till the facelift details are announced by the company or it need not be so?
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:00   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
But, they were pushing to go ahead and make the booking for February 2021 delivery to lock the current price (Two dealers). If in case the Feburary 2021 facelift news is indeed true, would they even take booking?
Same for the Freestyle.
Book now to lock the price, as Ford is going to increase price next year.
Dismissed it intially as a typical end of month, end of year sales talk.
Old 22nd December 2020, 09:06   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
But, they were pushing to go ahead and make the booking for February 2021 delivery to lock the current price (Two dealers).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Book now to lock the price, as Ford is going to increase price next year.
I don't think such a thing exists in reality. No matter when you book, prices are not "locked". Final pricing prevailing at the time of delivery will apply. It will even be clearly printed on the receipt. The sales staff is just trying to push numbers in to meet monthly targets IMO.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:00   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't think such a thing exists in reality. No matter when you book, prices are not "locked". Final pricing prevailing at the time of delivery will apply. It will even be clearly printed on the receipt. The sales staff is just trying to push numbers in to meet monthly targets IMO.
Well, here is the official statement from Ford, relevant post quoted below:

Quote:
The price hike will range from 1-3 per cent, translating into an increase of around Rs 5,000 to Rs 35,000 depending on the model, Ford India Executive Director Marketing Sales and Service Vinay Raina said. He said the step has been necessitated due to the rising input costs. However, those bookings which were held in 2020 will be protected from the price increase, Raina added.
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 13:18   #325
BHPian

Facelift EcoSport rendered. The front looks very different than the current model. Hope Ford has worked on the interiors to make them more appealing and upmarket.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2021-ford-eco...ked-image/amp/
Old 24th December 2020, 14:30   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Facelift EcoSport rendered. The front looks very different than the current model. Hope Ford has worked on the interiors to make them more appealing and upmarket.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2021-ford-eco...ked-image/amp/
Don't read too much into such reports. They have just taken the leaked front of the upcoming new Ford SUV on the new Mahindra XUV5OO platform and photoshopped it on the current Ecosport!

I know interiors are a subjective topic, but I actually like the current Ecosport interiors from a design point of view, much better than the Sonet for instance with the oddly placed climate control panel and that big slab connecting the cluster and infotainment. Improvement in terms of materials could be done but everyone in this segment uses hard plastics.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 08:09   #327
BHPian

Here is latest update on this joint venture progress. Ford decides to stay independent.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...461108667.html

Thanks
Subby is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 08:12   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Best news ever. Thank god for this. Ford has the capacity and ability to go its own in the Indian market. They just need to get their confidence back and the mojo will follow.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 08:44   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Here is latest update on this joint venture progress. Ford decides to stay independent.

Thanks
Good to know that considering it would mean Ford's service centres remain the same, instead of getting under Mahindra's sub par A.S.S

But what about the technology transfer and platform sharing?
All the news of Ecosport using Mstallion engine, Mahindra using Ford platform for an XUV400, Ford's version of the XUV500,Marazzo?

Are they on track? Or they have been shelved with this JV being called off?

Add to that, the article keeps on saying Ford India's future is uncertain.
Old 1st January 2021, 09:15   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

As expected it had to come some time( the Mahindra way!), but in this case the break-up has come earlier than expected:

In times when collaboration amongst auto giants is the new norm, the biggest question to be answered is:

How long will Ford continue its independent operations in India?

Press Release(Ford):

Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra-1.jpg

Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st January 2021 at 09:36.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks