Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2020, 16:11   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

So, they want people to look at this and say "i can pay extra and go for the better Karoq"

I like the stance of the car and looks really good on the outside. Should have been a at least a foot longer though ! The suspension might not be big issue.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 16:12   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I just saw the Troc in flesh and I am really disappointed. The interiors are cramped, particularly in the rear.

The leather seats look after-market, it is 2 or 3 colour leather swatches stitched together. Looks really childish and stupid.

The rear suspension does not look like it's fully independent.

The sound system is awesome.

The entire trim is hard plastic and looked really bad. It was not even to the level of my Polo GT quality.

Finally the Deal Breaker for me is the absence of Cruise Control. There is no cruise control. Perhaps I did not realise this earlier, but this is a glaring omission.

The boot is strictly average size, only two suitcases at the most.
I was planning to visit tomorrow. Indeed, its very disappointing to see Cruise Control missing in a car that is going to cost more than 25L OTR in Bengaluru. I cannot imagine VW could miss this comfort feature which is offered in lower end cars. As far the interiors, the comments were similar even in European reviews that the interiors were worse than in Polo. I can't imagine it to be worse than the harder plastic that we get here in India.

Thank you for this quick update !
Old 29th May 2020, 17:25   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I was planning to visit tomorrow. Indeed, its very disappointing to see Cruise Control missing in a car that is going to cost more than 25L OTR in Bengaluru. I cannot imagine VW could miss this comfort feature which is offered in lower end cars. As far the interiors, the comments were similar even in European reviews that the interiors were worse than in Polo. I can't imagine it to be worse than the harder plastic that we get here in India.

Thank you for this quick update !
They mean the European Polo, which in the current gen, has soft touch Dashboard, among other things. The new gen Polo is really a fantastic car - it’s a shame they are flocking the old horse still in India.

The T-Roc interiors, per the international reviews, are a letdown. But I am not sure sure which other rival has fantastic interiors either. That’s why I asked Viddy since he’s had a chance to check all the cars by now

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 29th May 2020 at 17:28.
Old 29th May 2020, 19:16   #409
BHPian

This is the walk around of Karoq. Just before 6 mins mark, the reviewer says that only Karoq gets cylinder deactivation, while TRoc does not.!
Old 29th May 2020, 19:44   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post

This is the walk around of Karoq. Just before 6 mins mark, the reviewer says that only Karoq gets cylinder deactivation, while TRoc does not.!
Most likely a mistake. I actually think its the other way round. From what I read, the Karoq gets the 1.5 TSI and the T-Roc gets the 1.5 TSI EVO. The Evo is what gets the ACT as compared to the normal unit.

VW's T-Roc page mentions active cylinder technology front and center on its engine specification section unless they messed that up like the suspension info. All India spec first looks of the T-Roc have mentioned it having the ACT. The Karoq page on the other hand doesn't mention cylinder deactivation anywhere.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 02:51   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Attachment 2011580

Pricelist for Noida & Delhi.

Handling Charges are a whopping 20k.
They cannot charge you for handling. It's illegal.
Old 30th May 2020, 10:08   #412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
They cannot charge you for handling. It's illegal.
It's illegal, but none of the dealers(of all OEMs) are giving up on handling charges. Few are directly calling it handling charges, while few are charging it under different names. Few manufacturers are taking strong flak for not waiving off handling charges while few are easily getting away with it.

Like, this Skoda dealer is charging it in the name of Depot & Service Charges. Refer: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4814007 (The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs)
Old 30th May 2020, 13:05   #413
BHPian

Pictures of a blue Troc. Including an interior shot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-759e4f8dcb044ca3b3b78a9abe37173f.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-67d3f225107642b1bc166933dba8607e.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-6eac3b91b73a4480b0cf07539675e647.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-1562d912782649019712f3a34e2dd7e0.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-90c8ddeb6051468b961d38327eeab45e.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-11927f4ae0c849ef9170516946233665.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-9ceeb8da57f14a5b9581f46b7dd95ca0.jpeg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-2e5a61a7b24e4de2875a12ef00205dbd.jpeg  

virajmore03 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 13:13   #414
BHPian

The whole of T-Roc looks after market. Is that what they mean by SUVW ? Jeep Compass is so much more classier - I generally always love German designs. But not sure what it is that VW was trying to achieve with this. Esp with those Chrome bits all over, the seats, etc the whole contraption looks like aftermarket.
Old 30th May 2020, 14:20   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snan View Post
The whole of T-Roc looks after market. Is that what they mean by SUVW ? Jeep Compass is so much more classier - I generally always love German designs. But not sure what it is that VW was trying to achieve with this. Esp with those Chrome bits all over, the seats, etc the whole contraption looks like aftermarket.
Did you see it physically. I saw it yesterday and shared the same views earlier. The Vienna leather seats were the biggest joke. No way they resemble what they have shown on the website.
Old 30th May 2020, 15:28   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Did you see it physically. I saw it yesterday and shared the same views earlier. The Vienna leather seats were the biggest joke. No way they resemble what they have shown on the website.
Did you cancel your booking or will you still be going ahead with the purchase?

My dealer gets the car next week so I'll go see it then. Anything you think I should look out for?
Old 30th May 2020, 15:31   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Did you cancel your booking or will you still be going ahead with the purchase?

My dealer gets the car next week so I'll go see it then. Anything you think I should look out for?
Unfortunately I will need to cancel. Me and my Son can't even sit behind each other. It too cramped for us. Plus the boot space and interiors are not what I expected.

Check the rear seat carefully, the interiors and the boot space. You will pay close to a quarter of a crore. Don't compromise.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 15:50   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I will need to cancel. Me and my Son can't even sit behind each other. It too cramped for us. Plus the boot space and interiors are not what I expected.

Check the rear seat carefully, the interiors and the boot space. You will pay close to a quarter of a crore. Don't compromise.
That's unfortunate. Hope you find a car which suits your needs better.

Thanks for the pointer . Rear seat and boot space aren't a priority since our GLC serves as the people/ luggage hauler. But I agree, it is a considerable expense and I'll definitely keep what you said in mind!
Old 30th May 2020, 16:13   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
It's illegal, but none of the dealers(of all OEMs) are giving up on handling charges. Few are directly calling it handling charges, while few are charging it under different names. Few manufacturers are taking strong flak for not waiving off handling charges while few are easily getting away with it.

Like, this Skoda dealer is charging it in the name of Depot & Service Charges. Refer: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4814007 (The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs)
They will let go off it if you write to the CEO of VW (India) apprising him of the illegality of the charges. Atleast I shall when I will go to the showroom.

Last edited by manson : 1st June 2020 at 03:34. Reason: Typo.
Old 30th May 2020, 17:02   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmore03 View Post
Pictures of a blue Troc. Including an interior shot.
Thanks for the pictures, just too much Chrome here. It looks very unnatural on a VW and it is definitely aftermarket fitted either here or in the country of origin. Just not in tune with VW DNA of simplicity, elegance and timeless, understated looks. I am not sure people anywhere other than India and China would be excited by all this chrome. The Japanese and Koreans have really spoiled the market with various garish applications of chrome over the years and I hope VW does not fall into the trap of compromising its personality like this. This gives me the creeps that the Vision-N cars will also come with all of this chrome - eagerly waiting for the Kamiq/Taigun twins and hoping to be proved wrong.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks