Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 21:44   #571
BHPian

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post

On topic, VW corporate, VW on social media, my dealer or any of the SA/GM/RM involved with the story have been sent multiple emails and still, to date, don't reply as to when the car will be delivered. I am one of the few people whose cars have been sent to dealerships and my dealer won't deliver the car or answer why they won't.
I had a lengthy conversation with a senior manager at the dealership and he was absolutely clueless as to the delay in delivering the T-rocs . In fact he said that very few cars have been dispatched all over the country and in fact there is no car in any showroom in my city. He said that an official showroom launch is being scheduled the dates of which are getting postponed. Test drives and media drives will commence post launch.

He is expecting the cars to reach the showroom by next week. He wasn't ’also very much in agreement about the concept of car activation post company dispatch to the dealership.

It is indeed a mystery that the Karoq which was launched officially 2 months later than the T-roc has already reached the customers!

Maybe this is a game plan now that ŠSkoda is in the driver’s seat of the VAG group in India to prioritise the Karoq. Another guess is that probably the T-rocs are already sold out and overbooked so that VW is no great pressure to deliver the cars?

Last edited by moncar : 25th June 2020 at 21:59.
Old 25th June 2020, 21:45   #572
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Alas, the T-Roc's lacklustre interiors have finally taken its toll on me. The idea of spending 23L and having to live with that interior for the next five years (minimum) is a bleak one. I have decided against it and will be cancelling my booking. While I am still a huge fan of the styling and (exterior) design, the overall package (mostly size and interiors) just doesn't justify the price they have decided to sell it at.

I went to take a look at the Karoq today and it feels like it's two segments above. It is a revelation compared to the T-Roc. The stance is much more SUV-like and the interior quality in the Karoq is miles ahead. Everything about it feels premium which is exactly what you want at this price. I didn't find any hard scratchy plastics apart from the ones on the door pockets (something which even our GLC has lol). The size and cabin space is similar to the Jeep Compass while the T-Roc is closer to the S-Cross/ Brezza than the Korean siblings. While on the pricy side, it manages to justifiy its on-road price more than the the T-Roc does.

My best wishes to those who will be going ahead with their T-Roc. I'm sure you'll love your 'SUVW' and may you make tons of happy memories with it
AamodB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 22:42   #573
BHPian

Going by the rate at which bookings for T-roc are being cancelled, perhaps, perhaps there will be a slight price discount coming in? Also, I wonder if VAG is running an A/B experiment before it finalises the India 2.0/3.0 strategy, via T-roc vs Karoq? Quite possible IMO.
Old 25th June 2020, 22:48   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Alas, the T-Roc's lacklustre interiors have finally taken its toll on me. The idea of spending 23L and having to live with that interior for the next five years (minimum) is a bleak one. I have decided against it and will be cancelling my booking. While I am still a huge fan of the styling and (exterior) design, the overall package (mostly size and interiors) just doesn't justify the price they have decided to sell it at.

I went to take a look at the Karoq today and it feels like it's two segments above. It is a revelation compared to the T-Roc. The stance is much more SUV-like and the interior quality in the Karoq is miles ahead. Everything about it feels premium which is exactly what you want at this price. I didn't find any hard scratchy plastics apart from the ones on the door pockets (something which even our GLC has lol). The size and cabin space is similar to the Jeep Compass while the T-Roc is closer to the S-Cross/ Brezza than the Korean siblings. While on the pricy side, it manages to justifiy its on-road price more than the the T-Roc does.

My best wishes to those who will be going ahead with their T-Roc. I'm sure you'll love your 'SUVW' and may you make tons of happy memories with it
I completely understand and support your decision. I am on the brink of cancelling it myself.

The interiors, lack of space at rear and missing cruise control are the main three factors.

I was holding on to the booking till now since I wanted to atleast test drive it before I took a call.

But now I think it no point waiting for it. I saw the Karoq too and its in a different league altogether. Way more premium, has cruise control and much more space at the rear as well.

I might as well go with the Jeep Limited Plus 4x4 for that kind of money, perhaps even less. It's coming to 30L OTR, Bangalore.
Old 25th June 2020, 23:49   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I was holding on to the booking till now since I wanted to atleast test drive it before I took a call. But now I think it no point waiting for it.
Personally I don't think even a good driving experience can make up for the interiors. It doesn't deliver on the elements that make a good family car. Neither is it a performance version that it can charge a premium. Driving enjoyment wise I think the new 1.0 TSI 6 Speed Manual will be a much better way to spend your money.

I think we all got caught up in the CBU-ness of it. The build is great but you get a similar level of sturdiness even in a new Polo. Getting into a car should uplift your mood and not make you feel like you made a compromise that too for a quarter of a crore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I saw the Karoq too and its in a different league altogether. Way more premium, has cruise control and much more space at the rear as well. I might as well go with the Jeep Limited Plus 4x4 for that kind of money, perhaps even less. It's coming to 30L OTR, Bangalore.
I think the Karoq might be a good idea if you prefer your cars German (our rationale for choosing it). If you're considering the Compass I would say go for the Diesel since it's better to drive. The Petrol puts effort into driving only after 3500 rpm feels really lethargic within the city.
Old 26th June 2020, 00:21   #576
BHPian

T Roc has just ended up disappointing many vw fans.
Like some of you, I also feel, the price does not justify its interior quality and the features. Perhaps only style seems to go in favor of it.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 14:29   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
I have booked a Seltos after seeing my car stand at the dealership since the last 3 weeks
I don't know what to do, my wife is asking for a car ever since I sold hers a few days ago. I *need* to oblige. It's just me who is stuck on the T-Roc(sold on the looks), she's fine with the Seltos or the Jeep, whichever comes quicker.

Attached is a pic of my car (maybe), well, it's been ordered in my name, but I'm sad it might not be delivered to me at all
Unlike others I would say you took the correct decision. I have not driven the TRoc but while sitting in it and feeling the car its so down there compared to my Octavia or the Karoq. In fact I would suggest the Karoq as a far better alternative. Not only that the TRoc seemed to me a size smaller and also a question on VFM.

I also am a owner of the Seltos and feel that the build and quality wise its worse than the Compass not to mention Karoq. Overall I would recommend Karoq and the Compass overall.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 15:53   #578
BHPian

Regarding delays in T-Roc deliveries, the person I spoke to at the local dealership said that the software needs to be updated to disable certain features which are not ‘legal’ in India - they are not allowed to deliver cars until that’s done. I believe he mentioned lane assist as an example, but I’m not totally sure if I heard that correctly. I’m considering the T-Roc but haven’t seen one in the flesh yet, and must say @AamodB ‘s photo of the plastic quality is very off-putting.
Old 26th June 2020, 16:31   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohels View Post
Regarding delays in T-Roc deliveries, the person I spoke to at the local dealership said that the software needs to be updated to disable certain features which are not ‘legal’ in India - they are not allowed to deliver cars until that’s done. I believe he mentioned lane assist as an example, but I’m not totally sure if I heard that correctly. I’m considering the T-Roc but haven’t seen one in the flesh yet, and must say @AamodB ‘s photo of the plastic quality is very off-putting.
It is strange that VW never anticipated such software programming issues before the cars were shipped to India. Since this model is customised specifically for India with a chosen mix of interior and exterior feature options as compared to the European versions this excuse seems rather lame.
Old 26th June 2020, 19:21   #580
Senior - BHPian

I read this rumour about VW about some software issues across all their cars including EVs and their Golf's.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/dont-bu...ng-many-lines/
Old 26th June 2020, 20:31   #581
Senior - BHPian

Lane and front assist de-activation seems really stupid if true. The Passat prior to current gen had lane assist! But I'm guessing this has something to do with homologation being by-passed for CBU cars, such features need homologation, but again this is not radar tech adaptive cruise control, just a camera observing the surroundings and giving added safety. Seriously don't know what the VW marketing and technical team is smoking.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 22:46   #582
BHPian

Really sad to see that so many customers like Harneet are waiting with their car in the showroom but cant get them ! I would say there has been some serious mess up by VW on the whole T-Roc delivery plans. I really love the design of the T-Roc. Infact I personally like the overall exterior of the T-Roc more than the Karoq. But after seeing few pics of the dashboard and the door panels of this 20 Lakhs CBU car, my brain pulled me to the Karoq. If Im right VW officially launched the T-Roc by mid of March ! Till now I haven't seen a T-Roc on the road nor one at the showroom ! I kept on calling my nearby VW showroom after the lockdown and they too had no idea ! They were like "Sir you can pay Rs 5,000 and do the booking if you want but we have no idea when the car will come". At the same time I did an online booking for the Karoq on 2nd of May, our car reached the showroom on 24th of May, eventhough the official launch was on 26th May. The showroom had a display car and even a test drive car on the day of official launch ! On 3rd of June I got my Karoq delivered too ! Infact it is a big pain to be waiting for a car for months after booking it. I too had the same experience with Kia Seltos, booked one even before the official launch, and even after 1 month of launch, no update from the dealer side. Had a very tough time with Kia dealer and everyday they started giving different reasons ! Finally cancelled the Seltos booking.
Old 27th June 2020, 00:39   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
It is strange that VW never anticipated such software programming issues before the cars were shipped to India.
Exactly my thoughts. Wouldn't it make more sense to disable features such as the lane assist (if that's what the India 'configuration' is) before the cars were shipped. The cars were after all specific RHD units meant for India and built in the same facility .

I'm sure it wasn't like they realised that they had to programme the car at the eleventh hour. They made the effort to put in "quirky" multi-tone leather seats (seriously, why on earth is there a random patch of grey in the middle); but couldn't ship a product ready to be delivered. Why even launch it if you can't start selling them?
Old 28th June 2020, 04:47   #584
BHPian

I don't understand the purpose of this interview now except for the fact that they are waiting for the dealership launch of the two SUVs. Steffen Knapp, please explain what that means!! See from 1:30 onwards.

Old 28th June 2020, 08:02   #585
BHPian

Well, like many others on this thread, I've also cancelled my booking for T-Roc. I had followed this car closely and was in love with the styling and exteriors. I think it looks very sharp. But, the interminable wait (to even test drive one) and the poor quality plastic interiors have influenced my decision. For a 24L car, the interiors are just not done.

When I spoke with the SA to cancel, he said they really have no clue when the cars will be ready! I'm very sad that VW has messed it up so badly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks