Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2020, 08:14   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I don't understand the purpose of this interview now except for the fact that they are waiting for the dealership launch of the two SUVs. Steffen Knapp, please explain what that means!! See from 1:30 onwards.
Strange thing is that he only speaks of the 1.0 litre TSI in the Taigun. It is widely expected that they will launch the 1.5 TSI in the higher variants of the Taigun and I hope this is still true. I would have expected them to make that engine the headline and lay claim to being the most powerful in the segment with 150HP and 250NM of torque which would be higher than the Creta and Seltos. As well, the claim to being the only one with Active Cylinder Management/Cylinder Deactivation. If they only bring the 1.0 TSI, the car would have a struggle to compete with the Creta and Seltos. With only 110 HP and 175NM, it could only compete with the NA engine variants of the Korean crew.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 09:26   #587
BHPian

Crazy delays! Poor communication. Sad for what looks to be a decent car. I just hope they start deliveries soon. This video says, should start in a couple of weeks.

https://www.zeebiz.com/automobile/ne...n-knapp-129974

Last edited by Amsdoc : 28th June 2020 at 09:48.
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:35   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Crazy delays! Poor communication. Sad for what looks to be a decent car. I just hope they start deliveries soon. This video says, should start in a couple of weeks.
I don't think they'll launch before the end of this month or maybe even next. I had ordered a Seltos and apparently the variant I want is delayed as well. So I have two bookings of cars that aren't available to get delivered.

VW has lost its plot. I don't think the management of the company really cares. A couple of others and I have written to the CEO. Now the dealer and company have stopped replying to emails altogether. You get an instant reply on social media that they'll call you only it never happens. The customers, media, even their own dealers are apparently left in the dark as to what the issue is. This is stupid to the power n. Just let your clients know. These people don't get Shame, humiliation, client demand, or even ethics (you know what I mean) right. Small wonder.

Meanwhile, since my parents aren't leaving the house at all, I have borrowed their fancy car so I'm not impatient much, anymore. But yes, had I not had options especially in the current scenario of this pandemic, I would have picked up whatever car even from three segments down just to have one to drive.
Old 28th June 2020, 18:13   #589
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Gaurav for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hi,

Hope you are keeping well. Just wanted to share, one of my sources got insider information from Volkswagen India that the mandatory 'home run' certificate is pending for the T-Roc from ARAI. ARAI accredits the certificate only when the vehicle has completed 15000 km run/test, which is still in progress as VW has given the vehicle only a few days back (due to lockdown). This process will take minimum 15-20 days more to complete, post which T-Roc will be given the green flag for delivery / registration / test drives.

PS: VW dealers are giving software related and multiple other reasons for the delay which are all false.

Regards,
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 21:28   #590
Senior - BHPian

I finally cancelled the TROC booking today. The lack of space at rear and the very spartan interiors and the glaring omission of cruise control were my primary reasons. CBU or not, I couldn't justify the lack of the above at this price point.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 23:36   #591
BHPian

I had a look at the karoq in the showroom. It looked impressive with good build quality and fit and finish in candy white shade. There was another one in lava blue for test drives. The car seemed larger in the showroom than on the road.
Surprisingly a RS 245 was also available.
I still haven't discounted the T-Roc yet as I am still to see it in person as well as test drive it. The on-road price difference between the two here is to the tune of 6.5 L which is considerable. I felt that the exterior looks were not as enticing as the T-roc and maybe I could forego certain creature comforts of the karoq in lieu of owning a slightly smaller more handsome sibling VW CBU with the same DNA at a cheaper cost. This is of course subject to the T-roc pulling a lot of strings in the heart !
Of course it remains to be seen whether the T-roc 'compensates' for its size and interiors by offering something more than the karoq in terms of maybe driver assist or other features.
Maybe all is not lost and the T-roc is still in the race.
moncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 00:18   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Gaurav for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Thanks to GTO and Gaurav for sharing this information. I don't understand why VW can not be open about this?
Also am wondering if, due to full booking, they did not have any car to provide to ARAI😏, and now that they have some cancellations!
Old 29th June 2020, 05:43   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It is widely expected that they will launch the 1.5 TSI in the higher variants of the Taigun and I hope this is still true. I would have expected them to make that engine the headline and lay claim to being the most powerful in the segment with 150HP and 250NM of torque which would be higher than the Creta and Seltos.
I am afraid they cant make any such claims as the Nissan Kicks 1.3 Turbo is already in the market.
fhdowntheline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 13:51   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Gaurav for sending this information in.

one of my sources got insider information from Volkswagen India that the mandatory 'home run' certificate is pending for the T-Roc from ARAI. ARAI accredits the certificate only when the vehicle has completed 15000 km run/test, which is still in progress as VW has given the vehicle only a few days back (due to lockdown).
Aren't these cars bought as CBU? In which case this is not a valid reason at all. No such tests are mandatory.

Someone should ask VW if they do similar tests on a new 911 Turbo S, will happily offer my services for free

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th June 2020 at 13:53.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:15   #595
BHPian

I got an update from SA that the PDI has been done on test drive cars. And about availability of TD itself, there is no info on when that could be.
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:56   #596
BHPian

Just got the word. The dealer says test drives open from tomorrow but they don't have authorization to deliver. They're expecting that tomorrow.

He says they should be able to deliver the car Monday or Tuesday. I guess media drives should also begin in a day or two and we should have drive reviews up within the weekend.
Harneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 23:20   #597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Aren't these cars bought as CBU? In which case this is not a valid reason at all. No such tests are mandatory.

Someone should ask VW if they do similar tests on a new 911 Turbo S, will happily offer my services for free
There was a discussion on this before on this thread.

Porsche is exempt from this testing as the engine is greater than 3000cc.

Anything less than 3000cc under the 2500 quote needs to undergo type certification which is relaxed vs homologation by ARAI. It is also much lesser cost vs homologation.

This is the reason Skoda also decided to get the Karoq and VRS245 under the same policy so the car wouldn't undergo homologation and would be on sale faster than a CKD.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 00:41   #598
BHPian

I made a brief visit to PPS Motors showroom today. I was told the test drive vehicles will be available from next week - two cars, one for each of their showrooms.

1. The drive assist quick access button is no more functional. However the front assist and lane assist functions are still available and can be controlled. The software change that they claimed to have done, might have done this.

2. I see manoeuvre braking under Parking and Manoeuvring settings. May be I did not notice this during my earlier visits.

3. There is no BlindSpot Monitor/SideAssist feature.

4. Also, there is no built-in NAV. There is no NAV button on the media system nor it available via the Active Info Display.

5. Often SA kept telling me that they are going to provide Dashcam record feature, exclusive for Indian cars.

With one or the other feature being not provided or removed from this car, other than its style, the ACT engine, I am not seeing anything unique this car can offer. Its very disappointing for me not to have some of these drive comfort and assist features

Manoeuvre braking
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-dsc_0284.jpg

Last edited by tristis2008 : 4th July 2020 at 00:48.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 07:33   #599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Porsche is exempt from this testing as the engine is greater than 3000cc.
Anything less than 3000cc under the 2500 quote needs to undergo type certification which is relaxed vs homologation by ARAI. It is also much lesser cost vs homologation.
Quote:
sources got insider information from Volkswagen India that the mandatory 'home run' certificate is pending for the T-Roc from ARAI. ARAI accredits the certificate only when the vehicle has completed 15000 km run/test, which is still in progress
Yes, am aware but my point was testing such cars for 15000 Km. Haven’t seen any Skoda VRs being tested and these went to showrooms immediately so this story of road tests due to regulatory requirements seems to be wrong.

We have a different thread for this but I couldn’t find any reference to 15000 km, nor anywhere on the web. If someone has a notification, do share.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...t-hassles.html (Govt. may let carmakers import 2,500 cars/year without hassles)

There might be some software or other checks that VW doesn’t want to share.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th July 2020 at 07:38.
Old 4th July 2020, 22:04   #600

Hello BHPians.. my first post here and excited to be a part of TeamBHP.
I’ve followed this page very closely. ( since, I had a T-Roc booked on the day the booking opened!! )
The T roc was very close to my heart.. because I’ve drove and admired it in European markets.

Having said that I had to cancel the booking recently and got myself a Top end Kia Seltos.My reasons ( and not very different to the frustration cited on this thread ) below :

- VW India dealership teams : I'm shocked at the lack of clarity the SAs display. Not even these teams are aware of what to expect from a CBU car. In my view, in order to market and sell a product well, one needs to know the product. I was even fine with the lack of quality interiors ( because I knew what to expect), but the misleading statements was just too much for me to absorb. This was the deal breaker for me.
- Misleading info on the website : I've no clue why VW would do that.. Not one but multiple errors on what the car is about. The pleasure of owning a VW CBU naturally receded the moment I got clouded with after sales nuisance thoughts. Didn't feel I could trust them at all and felt the danger of getting into a rabbit hole !
- Cruise control. Really VW! Really ! on a 24lakh ( OTR Hyderabad ) car! I get the argument of not using it in Indian conditions but I do use it and it is a must have for me. How about extending some primary features to Indian customers even if that needed you to charge them slightly more ( like in the UK and EU )..after all you do have a loyal customer base here too!

It's been 15 days since I got my SELTOS. Content with it and it drives ok ( even though T-ROC wins there ).. At least I'm settled with a car and clocking KMs instead of thinking when I would even get a test ride !

VW 2.0 is in danger unless... !!
SSR0608 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks