Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 14:14   #676
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR0608 View Post
2.) Brochure size should be smart enough not to exhaust buyers with excess information or lose customers without information.

And in both cases , the brochure needs to be accurate and not misleading atleast (remember the suspension discussion)
At the end of the day, these might sound trivial to many.. however, I’ve got my reasons to be interested in these details.
Yes suspension saga was a careless miss from VW.
But now going forward, we can expect wonderful ownership details from Harneet.
steadfast is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 16:59   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Harneet,

I am surprised that CBUs are exempt from this requirement and a bit jealous too.. My 330i Sport beeps (at 120 km/hr) like the helicopter scene in Apocalypse Now. I always thought the beeping rule(s) was applicable to all M1 vehicles "sold" in India after 1 July 2019, but now believe it applies to vehicles "manufactured" in India after that date.
I don’t think that CBU’s are exempt from this rule.
Here’s a link to the autocar’s G63 review.
At 5:25 he complains of the same.

Old 13th July 2020, 17:27   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
Looks:
The most beautiful looking crossover hatchback-ish compact SUV(W?). I can't get enough of it. People can't get enough of it. People give me a almost everyday I take it out. I have had smiles from guys(only lol) in BMW's, Mercs, and on bikes! It will make people notice. It has the silhouette of a old-gen Q3 with strong boxy lines, it was a tug of heart-strings for me, this car. Just like my polo was almost 10 years ago, it just looks that good.
T-ROC in BLACK looks stunning IMO. Knew you had your heart set on the looks of it, glad you waited and made this call. Something to do with VW cars, once smitten by them, no going back I suppose
Old 13th July 2020, 23:30   #679
BHPian

Interestingly the front centre armrest can be adjusted at various angles to the horizontal as per the driver's comfort level in additional to the sliding function.
The small storage space beneath the armrest is deep enough to fit a large smartphone.
Also noticed a small drawer beneath the driver's seat to store documents/small items . The front passenger seat did not have the drawer however.
moncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 23:50   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
Interestingly the front centre armrest can be adjusted at various angles to the horizontal as per the driver's comfort level in additional to the sliding function.
I noticed that today! Thanks!

Quote:
Also noticed a small drawer beneath the driver's seat to store documents/small items . The front passenger seat did not have the drawer however.
The passenger one has a small rail for fitting one. It still might come to use for stashing a small box/iPad.

The driver side under-seat box is felt lined. I like that it isn’t cheap feeling.
Harneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 00:42   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is mostly cause you were at a slow speed and maybe there was a slight incline or acceleration needed.

The DSG can shift very fast so it is not hesitant to go down and back up instantly.

Also, maybe in D2 2 cylinders were deactivated and that came back on hence the rpm increased.

This is the 7 speed DSG with dry clutch and in general it's behaviour is to go to D2 very fast and even at slow speeds it rarely drops to 1st and even when it does it shifts back to D2 very fast.
I understand the above. I also see below remark about kangarooing.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...ght-for-owners
  • Jabbafumi467 months ago Hi all,
    I’ll give you 3 words, “Miller cycle motor”. VAG will never solve the problem with software as it is a mechanical problem that cannot be fixed by software alone. The DSG box masks the problem more effectively but it is still prevalent. The design brief for the 1.5 TSi engine was the torque and economy of a Diesel engine with the power of a petrol. It was designed in response to diesel gate. A miller cycle motor was designed a long time ago for diesel marine engines and VAG tried to apply the logic to the 1.5 engine. Simply, during the compression and combustion strokes the inlet valves are opened to create a bigger combustion area, opening a valve during the combustion stroke would normally result in the car stalling. VAG get around this by creating back pressure using the turbo. The turbo on this engine is designed to switch on very early, as low as 1000 rpm. The problem is when you pull away, the revs drop and the turbo stops spooling, the result is the car tries to stall and this counteracted by the anti-stall. The result is kangarooing.
tristis2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 01:10   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I understand the above. I also see below remark about kangarooing.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...ght-for-owners[list][*] Jabbafumi467 months ago Hi all,
Today I drove for about 50km, all in city traffic and tried to mimic the Kangaroo effect. I tried hard and it kangarooed once, almost. In daily driving I don't think it's noticeable at all. If I tried this hard (this means once every half minute in almost a one hour drive), for me, personally, this isn't a problem at all.

Takeaway
This does not rob you of the driving experience. It's a fancy gearbox, get the longest warranty available on it.
Harneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 19:38   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
I suspect that the last few T-ROCs that are still unsold, will be given at a good lac or two discount, come end of the year. Interesting H2 2020.
I was checking with a VW Dealer, apparently 1500 Rocs were imported, of which 1000 plus are already book. 300 to 400 are still open to be sold. I think they will be bought after some test drives/owner experiences. Don't see a scope for discount, as I don't really think they had much margin to start with in the first place to play with due to taxes.
Old 14th July 2020, 20:41   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
A 2L TSi + 7 Speed DSG + CBU Quality T-ROC priced in the 17-20L Ex-Showroom bracket would surely make a strong case for itself
2L TSI + DSG == at least 29.99 lacs ex-showroom (like that of the Superb Sport) easily?
Old 14th July 2020, 20:58   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
I was checking with a VW Dealer, apparently 1500 Rocs were imported, of which 1000 plus are already book. 300 to 400 are still open to be sold. I think they will be bought after some test drives/owner experiences. Don't see a scope for discount, as I don't really think they had much margin to start with in the first place to play with due to taxes.
What happened to the "fully booked" statement from VW? Suddenly > 30% are available ! or Are they cancellations ?
Old 14th July 2020, 21:21   #686
BHPian

As per the earlier reports 1000 T-rocs were imported . I guess 1000 karoqs 300 Tiguan all space and 200 Octavia 245 RS add up to the 2500 limit across VAG cars
Old 14th July 2020, 21:48   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Don't see a scope for discount, as I don't really think they had much margin to start with in the first place to play with due to taxes.
Don't buy without pushing for a discount. There's lots of places where they can cut their margins (insurance particularly) which they will due to low sales in the past few months. We got a substantial discount (for a brand new CBU) on our Karoq so I'm sure the VW dealer can offer something similar.

Feel free to DM if you want the breakup of our discount.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 22:12   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
What happened to the "fully booked" statement from VW? Suddenly > 30% are available ! or Are they cancellations ?
There were quite a few cancellations, bound to be; given the delay + interiors being disappointing + test drive car not being ready etc.
Old 14th July 2020, 22:14   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As per the earlier reports 1000 T-rocs were imported . I guess 1000 karoqs 300 Tiguan all space and 200 Octavia 245 RS add up to the 2500 limit across VAG cars
Many of such models were imported and cleared before 31st March 2020 so those won’t count in this financial year.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 22:52   #690
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drove the VW T-Roc at the Gurgaon MG Road dealership last evening. It is quite a fun to drive car and looks really handsome. But the rear is cramped, the boot space is limited and the hard plastics, though great in terms of quality, are an absolute misfit in a 23 Lakh car. At this price, we expect interiors to have nice touch and feel to it.

I test drove the Karoq, Seltos DCT and T Roc back to back. T Roc is the most fun to drive, Karoq feels most premium of the lot but Seltos, at 6 Lakh less than the T Roc and a massive 12 Lakh less than the Karoq, is brilliant value for what it offers.

That said, the VAG cars will appeal to the enthusiasts in most of us. The Seltos is not too far behind though.

If I was in the market for an urban compact SUV, I would have considered the Karoq for its premium feel or else the Seltos for the overall VFM package, depending on how much Vitamin M I'm willing to spend. But at just 4 additional lakhs over the Karoq (I really hate to do this apple vs orange comparo), the Superb Sportline feels so much better, clearly a segment above it terms of space, comfort, ride quality, powertrain, features, interiors and overall premium yet sporty feel. The Superb is simply Superb !

I personally feel T Roc is a nice peppy and fun car to buy for someone who is not bothered about the lack of rear space and trunk volume.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_20200713_17481901.jpeg
//M is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks