Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 17:04   #61
BHPian

re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

I am neutral of this offering really. The Skoda Karoq looks better IMO.
This just looks like a Polo on stilts. It doesn't have a lot to distinguish itself from its hatchback sibling from a generic styling perspective.
Although I'll be excited about the engine, I'm not sure if it is not the DQ200 here.

A test drive vehicle isn't on offer nor is available at any dealership. I'm certainly not putting in any money to book it if I can't drive it.
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 17:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

With an approach angle of just 16 degrees and low profile tyres, I am not sure this can even be classified as an SUV. The gearbox is DQ200, checked from the international sites.
Old 11th February 2020, 17:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the boot capacity of T-Roc? Car looks chopped at the back and dis-proportional to me. I like the hatchbacks/SUVs with rear quarter windows, which makes them airy inside and also enhancing rear visibility. In this case the C pillar is so thin, it can't take a window anyway.
Old 12th February 2020, 11:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
VW Rep called me for booking the T-Roc. I asked him if there was a car available for test drive or even to look at...to which he replied they haven't got one. I asked him about the variants, features, price points and expected OTR for Bombay... he didn't have that info as well.
I
The same guys called me regarding Allspace. They had no clue about trims, specs, pricing or TD. Want the customer to book a car based on Social media. Ridiculous
Old 12th February 2020, 13:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does anyone know the boot capacity of T-Roc? Car looks chopped at the back and dis-proportional to me. I like the hatchbacks/SUVs with rear quarter windows, which makes them airy inside and also enhancing rear visibility. In this case the C pillar is so thin, it can't take a window anyway.
German spec T-Roc has 445L boot volume and it’s hatchback cousin Golf has 380L.

I would any day pick a low slung estate than a SUV for practicality but unfortunately our road conditions do not like low slung cars and worldwide estate market is shrinking.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 16:33   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
German spec T-Roc has 445L boot volume and it’s hatchback cousin Golf has 380L.
I want to add that less expensive T-Cross based on Polo has boot volume of 455L (10L more tha T-Roc)
Old 12th February 2020, 17:47   #67
BHPian

I've already got two calls from VW asking if anyone from the dealership called me in response to my registration of interest!

The dealership folks called me thrice and here's how the conversation from yesterday went:

Sales Rep: Thanks for your interest in VW. Are you looking for the T-Roc or the Tiguan All space?

Me: I'm actually looking for the Taigun, but since that is over a year away, I'd be interested in knowing more about the T-Roc.

Sales Rep: Deliveries will start mid-April.

Me: Hey, but what about details of variants, pricing etc.

Sales Rep: We are not sure when that will come.

Me: Please call me only when you have all of these details.

Sales Rep: Sure Sir. Is there anything else I may help you with?

Me: No, not until you clarify what I'm basically interested in.

Earlier in the day, my phone buzzed and a familiar number from VW appeared on the screen. Maybe they wanted to ascertain that the dealership did call me!!

VW: Please, rather focus on Agile methods to speed up production and surprise us with an earlier release!
Old 12th February 2020, 23:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

VW: Please, rather focus on Agile methods to speed up production and surprise us with an earlier release!
Kindly don't encourage them on Agile. You'll get the car first and then steering wheel later.

Also possible headlines - "VW India launches affordable cars for the masses - buy your car over time" [cue - Johnny Cash song - One piece at a time]
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 23:41   #69
BHPian

So I got a similar kind of call, however the Sales person from local VW dealership was very confident that the T-Roc would start at 17 Lakh ex-showroom and on-road under 20L. He was also very sure the Tiguan BS6 will be launched (the 5 seater) with a 2.0TSI. I am not sure what to make of it, either he's making things out of air, I really hope the VW/skoda get their act together.

And yeah, the SA was trying to persuade me into booking the car despite the fact, that I told him I will be out of country for next 5 months starting this weekend. I wanted to laugh actually. Anyways I drive an almost 7 year old Polo TSI, and in the market, and yes forced to look for SUVs. I need a modern SUV that rides like the Duster, hope the VAG group can atleast one such product.

About the pricing: Maybe it is true and VW actually care for once about about selling the product and taking a hit selling the CBU until they can start making them here.
Old 13th February 2020, 07:23   #70
BHPian

Just checked out the website today; Looks like Volkswagen hasn’t even bothered to upload pictures of the RHD variant. And even the picture of the DSG is that of the Vento.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-3d6e7d240373497dbff3c9954c001b91.png  

Last edited by Aditya : 13th February 2020 at 17:43. Reason: Extra word deleted
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:48   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Kindly don't encourage them on Agile. You'll get the car first and then steering wheel later.

Also possible headlines - "VW India launches affordable cars for the masses - buy your car over time" [cue - Johnny Cash song - One piece at a time]
But that doesn't constitute a minimum viable product!

Anyway, I just meant to say a gap of over a year and half between when they conceptualise and advertise a product to when it is available in the market is unreasonable for a four wheeler.
Old 18th February 2020, 10:21   #72
BHPian

re: Volkswagen T-Roc spotted in India EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 19.99 Lakhs

Got a call from the dealer. He was quite confident it will be priced between 20-22 lakhs on road.
The following colour options will be available

1.Pure white + black roof
2.Indian grey
3.Curcuma yellow + black roof
4. Ravenna Blue + black roof
5. Deep Black Pearl
6. Energetic Orange + black roof

He said it will be a CKD and deliveries will start from Mid- April
I think 20-22 on road makes sense if its a CKD instead of a CBU
I am looking at replacing my 6 yr old Vento TSi
crazyro is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 10:23   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
--

He said it will be a CKD and deliveries will start from Mid- April
--
It was told in many reviews along with VW's chief, the T ROC will be come as CBU( under the import scheme of 2500 units).

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th February 2020 at 10:45.
Old 18th February 2020, 11:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely love the T-Roc. I remember ogling at it when it was launched in the west and really loved the classic, timeless designs with the right amount of modernity thrown in. The 1.5 TSI should also be a great fit in this car, and the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle, as usual in the Indian market, is the price.

If it indeed does land at INR 22-23 lakhs on road, I think it makes for a decently competitive buy given its quality of fit and finish (expected since its a VW) and design cues - compared to the current crop of Seltos, Compass and the like warring in that price range. Looking forward to seeing it on our roads.

Really think that the Japs (Suzuki, Hyundai of late) should take a leaf out of design books such as VW's. Their designs are just so minimalistic yet droolworthy. Even today when I see a Tiguan on the road, I can't help but drool at the classic proportions and clean lines. Not to mention the stunning, high quality and functional interiors.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th February 2020 at 11:41.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:36   #75
BHPian

Booking a black one today.

I'm frankly not convinced on the product/price package but don't want to lose out on the opportunity either as these might be limited imports.

The Karoq looks like a better car (will book that too!) but everything will surely depend on pricing.

Edit: FYI Booking amount is 25,000 and it is fully refundable.
reppy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks