Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 20:56   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post

After a long wait, took delivery of this baby today! 100km driven already, drives like a charm.
Congratulations. The car is quite nice on highways.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 30th August 2020 at 20:58.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 10:30   #797
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Got this from the dealer. Is this a true situation or a ploy to make someone buy the car? Anyone got such email if you have booking.

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for choosing Volkswagen as your adept choice of commute. We truly appreciate your enthusiasm towards our latest SUVW the new T-Roc and for booking the same with XXX Volkswagen XXX

We take this opportunity to personally assure you of world class experience in Sales & after Sales at our dealership.

We would like to inform you as a privileged VW T-ROC customer and for a pleasant experience we wish to bring to your kind notice that the T-ROC vehicle is only a limited edition product which is getting completed and it will be sold till 15th of September 2020. As a pre booked customer we request you to confirm your T-ROC order on or before 25th of August 2020 and we urge you to submit your financial documents for further process. After 25th of August 2020 your order on T-ROC will not be valid due to the non availability of the car and limited edition product.

In case if you are now not in a position to take the delivery we hereby request you to send an cancellation mail to the Id which mentioned here email@email.com and the amount will be refunded within 7 to 10 working days. Hope you accept our current situation.
Seahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 11:14   #798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Got this from the dealer. Is this a true situation or a ploy to make someone buy the car? Anyone got such email if you have booking.
It is indeed a ploy to make you buy the car fast rather than take your own time.

However there is some amount of truth to the email. The supply is limited being a CBU and dealers have got limited cars allotted to them so the dealer may not have the colour of the car you want.

However he can arrange it from another city if available.

AFAIK the T-ROC is not sold out and there are cars available in most cities. It is not exactly a hot seller right now.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 11:51   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
AFAIK the T-ROC is not sold out and there are cars available in most cities. It is not exactly a hot seller right now.
I made an inquiry with the local dealership day before yesterday, and there was only one car in 'Kurkuma Yellow' exterior available with them. The sales executive said that is the only T-Roc left with them.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:01   #800
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for choosing Volkswagen as your adept choice of commute. We truly appreciate your enthusiasm towards our latest SUVW the new T-Roc and for booking the same with XXX Volkswagen XXX

We take this opportunity to personally assure you of world class experience in Sales & after Sales at our dealership.

We would like to inform you as a privileged VW T-ROC customer and for a pleasant experience we wish to bring to your kind notice that the T-ROC vehicle is only a limited edition product which is getting completed and it will be sold till 15th of September 2020. As a pre booked customer we request you to confirm your T-ROC order on or before 25th of August 2020 and we urge you to submit your financial documents for further process. After 25th of August 2020 your order on T-ROC will not be valid due to the non availability of the car and limited edition product.

In case if you are now not in a position to take the delivery we hereby request you to send an cancellation mail to the Id which mentioned here email@email.com and the amount will be refunded within 7 to 10 working days. Hope you accept our current situation.
I have a booking with BUB Pune. They have called me just once when last month my car got allotted to check if I am planning to buy it that month or else they will allot it to the next in line.
Did not receive any communication as above yet
Not sure about the rest of India but at least in Maharashtra there might be some cancellations due to the high Tax on CBU
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:03   #801
BHPian

Quote:
While there were cancellations from earlier bookings, I also saw more bookings happening at the dealership where I bought this car. The cars are selling, as it seems. Further, as noted before, these cars have been made in the month of November / December 2019 and have been idle since, be it in ship or in ports or in stockyards. This isn't good for a car. Harneet.S reported hardened wipers. In my car, I see the hockey stick chrome strip being slightly loose. So it's better that one makes up the mind asap for this car - go ahead with the purchase and start using it or ditch it altogether. There is no point in delaying, unless there are serious reasons for it.
On the other hand, once cars are fully sold, VW may take fresh bookings for this car. This is what Steffen Knapp had indicated, if I remember correctly. The dealer here also was mentioning the same. Just speculating, VW might consider the current complaints from our market and improve the car, like adding Cruise Control.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 31st August 2020 at 12:18. Reason: grammatical
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 21:26   #802
BHPian

T-Roc owners and others, if you bought vehicles post Aug , 2020 how much of savings would this following change in policy help?

Irdai withdraws long-term third-party motor insurance for 3, 5 years from Aug 1

https://indianexpress.com/article/bu...o%20customers.

Also please advice if its okay to buy insurance separately and not from the dealer because I see a big difference in price. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Seahawk : 31st August 2020 at 21:55.
Old 1st September 2020, 13:38   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Also please advice if its okay to buy insurance separately and not from the dealer because I see a big difference in price. Thanks in advance
Yes, it is definitely OK to buy insurance from someone else. I bought mine separately, from my banker since it was significantly cheaper.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 15:33   #804
BHPian

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-aircon.jpg

While my SA was explaining me everything about the car, one thing he suggested was to keep the "re-circulation" button of the air conditioning, OFF. During the long drive back home I noticed the cooling to be just with the re-circulation off, as much as I've researched on it that's like turning on the refrigerator with its doors opened up.

Any comments?

In the manual AC of my Polo re-circulation is always ON and in my BMW X1 following the advice of my BMW service manager I keep it on M i.e Manual Re-circulation. Can someone enlighten me on this?
Old 1st September 2020, 16:52   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as much as I've researched on it that's like turning on the refrigerator with its doors opened up.
Thats not how it works I believe. You can't and shouldn't compare a refrigerator with a car. For one, refrigerator does not house humans, we humans need fresh oxygen, and even inside the car with the AC on, re-circulation on purely means that the AC will re-circulate the interior cabin air. There by you will notice after an hour or two, one would start yawning, may be feel the need to take a break? Thats because the cabin oxygen is dropping minute by minute, being replaced by C-O-2 that we exhale.

As far as I know, VW units should be left in Auto, and when you press Auto, the re-circulation will go off. It is to suck in fresh air from the outside and keep the cabin oxygen as high and fresh as possible, reduce fatigue. There are sensors which are able to detect bad odour from outside air, and turn on recirculation mode if needed on its own, and turn it off again when fresh air is available / needed.

I used to keep the recirculation mode on at all times. Then I started keeping in off, and let the car do its thing. There is no difference in cooling whatsoever, long highway drives are a lot less tiring. I still advise to open the windows from time to time while on a long journey, to give a good burst of oxygen to the cabin, if you still prefer to keep the re-circulation mode on all the time.

In the menu, under climate settings, you will find an option to check if the re-circulation mode is set to "auto". This only works if the physical button on the climate control is selected to "off". Turning it "on" overrides the auto mode. Doing this is will ensure the flap opens / closes as per need described above. BMW climatic units have the button which allows you to keep it in "off", "A" or "M" which are self explanatory. Always leave it in auto, and if you still feel at times bad odour from the outside seeps in the cabin, you can keep re-circulation mode on for some time manually.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 19:52   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2050249

While my SA was explaining me everything about the car, one thing he suggested was to keep the "re-circulation" button of the air conditioning, OFF.

Any comments?

In the manual AC of my Polo re-circulation is always ON and in my BMW X1 following the advice of my BMW service manager I keep it on M i.e Manual Re-circulation. Can someone enlighten me on this?
Let me try answering since I have experienced it both in VW & BMW.

It is always better to keep re-circulation ON. Cooling is much better.

Both VW & BMW take in fresh air even when re-circulation is ON.

In some VW Vento I have seen AUTO mode staying ON even when re-circulation is ON.

BMW I always keep re-circulation in M mode.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 02:53   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
As far as I know, VW units should be left in Auto, and when you press Auto, the re-circulation will go off. It is to suck in fresh air from the outside and keep the cabin oxygen as high and fresh as possible, reduce fatigue. There are sensors which are able to detect bad odour from outside air, and turn on recirculation mode if needed on its own, and turn it off again when fresh air is available / needed.
So in my T-Roc, I should just press the auto button and just forget about it and let the system do its thing? Because in my 100km drive on auto mode, it didn't turn on re-circulation even once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
It is always better to keep re-circulation ON. Cooling is much better.
Both VW & BMW take in fresh air even when re-circulation is ON.
In some VW Vento I have seen AUTO mode staying ON even when re-circulation is ON.
BMW I always keep re-circulation in M mode.
Yes even I keep it on M mode in the my X1 and sadly in my 2012 VW Polo there is no auto button at all so without re-circulation, the cooling isn't just that much effective but I do feel it does let fresh air inside even with the re-circulation "ON".
Old 2nd September 2020, 04:09   #808
BHPian

Test Drove it few days back and decided against it.

Reason 1:- Not much head room for a taller person being a compact crossover.

Reason 2:- Not as punchy as a 2.0 TDI.

Reason 3:- The car seems to have been overpriced. I know you are getting European build quality etc being a CBU but it hasn’t hit the sweet spot as one would have liked.

So I am still on a hunt....

Last edited by NAVREVV : 2nd September 2020 at 04:15.
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:55   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So in my T-Roc, I should just press the auto button and just forget about it and let the system do its thing? Because in my 100km drive on auto mode, it didn't turn on re-circulation even once.

Make sure auto recirculation option is activated on the climate settings screen. When the system is on auto, the turning on / off of the re-circulation mode will not give you a physical indication in terms of the small light on the button itself. It's seamless and works in the background.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:48   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2050249

While my SA was explaining me everything about the car, one thing he suggested was to keep the "re-circulation" button of the air conditioning, OFF. Can someone enlighten me on this?
It is best to let the AC be on 'Auto' and let it do all the work. From what I understand apart from aiming to achieve the desired temperature & humidity in 20 minutes, it decides on the following
1. Fan speed
2. Vents to be used
3. Re-circulation on or off

It does these with various sensors inside and outside the car.

Re-circulation is decided based on
1. air quality inside (O2 concentration),
2. air quality outside (pollutants/odours)
3. ambient air temperature (for efficiency)

Keeping the re-circulation 'On' is definitely more efficient since it has to filter and cool air which is already cooler than ambient temperature. But then on long commutes, you need fresh air, else fatigue will set in no time. In my GT, the last 7 years, I've just pressed 'Auto' and forgotten about the AC. Now, I'm doing the same in the Karoq. You will notice that the moment you touch any of the other controls, the 'Auto' light goes off. Also, when in Auto mode, there are no visual indications for whether re-circ is on or off or, for that matter, which vents are being used, etc.

I found these articles useful:

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...about-cooling/

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...ning-properly/
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks