Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 12:38   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Bookings for the T-Roc have reportedly stopped since the car is sold out, don’t know whether this a marketing ploy by VW.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-eb3d75ebb05c43f4a611325ee7376727.jpeg  

Old 9th September 2020, 13:48   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Bookings for the T-Roc have reportedly stopped since the car is sold out, don’t know whether this a marketing ploy by VW.
This is misleading info I guess . I had a call from VW Hyderabad dealer , this morning , asking me if I wanted to book a T Roc. This after I had cancelled my initial booking 2 months back. I was a bit cheeky and asked them what colours are available. Said most of them are.. so looks like a ploy than anything
Old 9th September 2020, 13:50   #813
BHPian

A query for T-roc owners.
When we inquired about the accessories for our vehicle, the dealer quoted the cost to fit all-weather floor mats + mud flaps was a whopping 13,000 rupees! Did everyone go with dealer fitted T-roc branded all-weather floormats and mudflaps, or did you go for a third party/online option? If so what option did you go? Please share
Old 9th September 2020, 18:30   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
When we inquired about the accessories for our vehicle, the dealer quoted the cost to fit all-weather floor mats + mud flaps was a whopping 13,000 rupees!
I went for this essential kit. They charged Rs12031. Its yet to be fitted though, as they were not available at the time of delivery. Are there other choices? I have not checked though.
Harneet.S has already fitted them. May be he is in a better position to talk about their worthiness.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:24   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I went for this essential kit. They charged Rs12031. Its yet to be fitted though, as they were not available at the time of delivery. Are there other choices? I have not checked though.
Harneet.S has already fitted them. May be he is in a better position to talk about their worthiness.
Thanks for the prompt reply tristis2008. Can you please let me know what are items included in the essential kit? Is it just the 4 floor mats and mud flaps? Does it also include trunk mat and other stuff as well.
Old 9th September 2020, 21:32   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply tristis2008. Can you please let me know what are items included in the essential kit? Is it just the 4 floor mats and mud flaps? Does it also include trunk mat and other stuff as well.
As far as I understand it includes just the four floor mats and mudflaps. I will see them this Saturday and update you. Other owners who have already fitted can clarify.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 23:53   #817
BHPian

Quote:
They didn't have any essential kit available at the time of delivery. Neither was I told of one a month after, once I got 1K checkup done.

I just got the textile mats for 3K. The all weather ones were for around 8K but I never enquired about the mud flaps, they looked like they ruined the look of the car on the accesories catalog. I too, was made to wait five weeks before they could deliver the textile mats. Funny part is, the mats are made in India (complete with T-Roc branding, emroidered). I don't know what VW told these manufacturers when manufacturing, when this might just be (apparently) a 1000 piece run in this country.
Harneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 01:28   #818

Any one from Bangalore who bought Troc? I have been waiting for my car delivery for a long time now. I also got the insurance done, but apparently my car's paperwork is stuck with Karnataka Transport Department for CBU road worthiness certificate for two weeks itseems and only after that it will go for RTO registration... Is this nomral?
Old 10th September 2020, 01:33   #819

Quote:
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200910-1.32.19-am.png

Yup VW India websites says the same thing too..
JOKARR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 05:54   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

How are the seats of the car? Is it Audi squishy soft or Skoda granite hard? Also since this is an import, the suspension must be super-hard.

If this is like an Audi Q3 in terms of space and dynamics, its an excellent deal for the price, owners please do answer the questions as above with least ownership bias possible, to me if the seats aren't like a pillow, its hard and anything Vento level in terms of suspension is very hard, even though owners keep saying its soft.
Old 10th September 2020, 08:58   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Any one from Bangalore who bought Troc? I have been waiting for my car delivery for a long time now. I also got the insurance done, but apparently my car's paperwork is stuck with Karnataka Transport Department for CBU road worthiness certificate for two weeks itseems and only after that it will go for RTO registration... Is this nomral?
Strange. It took 2 days for my car for the worthiness certificate and some additional fee. At RTO it took 2 days and then another day to get registration number. And then HSRP plates arrived few days later. After I confirmed the purchase, all processes including finance took 2 weeks. The delay in finance was mostly owing to most people working from home. I trust you have already seen your car in stockyard and noted the VIN. By the way who is the dealer?

Last edited by tristis2008 : 10th September 2020 at 09:13.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 15:00   #822

Quote:
Strange. It took 2 days for my car for the worthiness certificate and some additional fee. At RTO it took 2 days and then another day to get registration number. And then HSRP plates arrived few days later. After I confirmed the purchase, all processes including finance took 2 weeks. The delay in finance was mostly owing to most people working from home. I trust you have already seen your car in stockyard and noted the VIN. By the way who is the dealer?
Thank you. Dealer is PPS VW Hebbal, but they confirmed delivery on Monday next week. It has gone to RTO.
Old 13th September 2020, 12:10   #823
BHPian

Quote:
When we inquired about the accessories for our vehicle, the dealer quoted the cost to fit all-weather floor mats + mud flaps was a whopping 13,000 rupees! Did everyone go with dealer fitted T-roc branded all-weather floormats and mudflaps, or did you go for a third party/online option? If so what option did you go? Please share
I got several accessories at the time of delivery.

1. DSG Aluminium Pedal - Like you might have seen in other VWs.

2. All-weather floor mats - Found them way too easy to maintain than textile ones but they do feel rubbery. Go with 3rd party carpet mats if you want a 'plusher' feel.

3. Mud guards - They're not like the ones you get with the the Polo or Vento. I hate the stock Polo mudgaurds, they're unnecessarily big. My T-Roc test drive was done in the rain and that one didn't have mudguards on, so when I got out of the car, the amount of splash of mud and dirt I could see on the black plastic cladding below the front doors and rear bumpers, I say mud guards are absolutely necessary.

4. Draught Deflector (both front and back) - It's totally upto ones needs so I won't its very important to have but since I do roll down the windows 1-2inches in the rains I got them. Reason being that I don't want the ones which are pasted on the door frame, these use no glue and you barely notice them. Like VWs cars, their accessories are subtle and understated too I guess.

5. Rear Sunblinds - Lack of after market options and tinting windows isn't an option. Though some traffic police in Delhi have stopped me even because of sunblinds in the past. So use it only when it's sunny outside.

Will share the pictures all these once I get my car back. It is right now undergoing some new car treatments.

Went with the PPF + Ceramic Pro combination option. To reduce the heat coming in from the front windshield I went with the Llumar Air 80 Blue ceramic coated heat shield. Got this on my X1 as well, it does make a HUGE difference and the lil blue-ish tint you get on the windshield when you look at it from the outside sure looks good.

And just for the heck of it I did get a protection shield installed on the interior center screen as well just because it's severely prone for finger prints and light scratches.
namanchaudhary is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 17:37   #824
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from my local VW dealer this morning about my interest for T-Roc. When I informed him about the cease in the further bookings for T-Roc, he informed me that the dealers still have the liberty to place an order. He also deployed the Typical Sales Strategy - He told me that they've reserved a booking owing to my interest during test drive which they'll transfer to other interested customers if I am no longer interested. The argument did not seem plausible to me at all.

On a side note, the dealer was charging me Rs.15000 which was termed as Logistics Amount in the quotation. When enquired about it, he told me that its standard practice by VW. I suppose its the company that needs to take care of logistics rather than trickling it done to the customer, isn't it ?
Old 16th September 2020, 09:00   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
I got a call from my local VW dealer this morning about my interest for T-Roc. When I informed him about the cease in the further bookings for T-Roc, he informed me that the dealers still have the liberty to place an order. He also deployed the Typical Sales Strategy - He told me that they've reserved a booking owing to my interest during test drive which they'll transfer to other interested customers if I am no longer interested. The argument did not seem plausible to me at all.

On a side note, the dealer was charging me Rs.15000 which was termed as Logistics Amount in the quotation. When enquired about it, he told me that its standard practice by VW. I suppose its the company that needs to take care of logistics rather than trickling it done to the customer, isn't it ?
Well, from what I understand every dealer has been allotted some X numbers vehicles including color, so its possible they are at the dealers allocation pool. For example the dealer here in Chennai, said all Ravenna Blue colors are sold and has only yellow, white and grey.

On the logistics amount, dealers are not supposed so charge the customers, if you write to VW I'm sure they'd waive it off. But this is one area where dealers make money so they always play the game.

Very realistic, to the point review by India Today on the T-ROC

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/revie...863-2020-09-15

Loved the verdict.

The VW T-Roc sets itself apart with its eye-catching looks and a sense of premiumness and class most others can’t match. It will appeal to those who’d rather drive than be driven around and those who want to detach themselves from the herd and be seen in something that stands out from the crowd.

Thanks for sharing some useful information. Appreciate it. Have couple of questions.

Quote:
DSG Aluminium Pedal - Like you might have seen in other VWs.
Any idea on the price?

Quote:
All-weather floor mats - Found them way too easy to maintain than textile ones but they do feel rubbery. Go with 3rd party carpet mats if you want a 'plusher' feel.
Do you know if there's an online store where we can carpet mats for T-Roc. My google search did not yield any results. Would any local car accessories store customize mats? If yes, let me know.

Quote:
Went with the PPF + Ceramic Pro combination option. To reduce the heat coming in from the front windshield I went with the Llumar Air 80 Blue ceramic coated heat shield
Does it make sense to have this coating on the panoramic sun roof glass to reduce heat? If yes, any idea on the cost?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th September 2020 at 09:17. Reason: Mod note attached.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks