Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 00:28   #826
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-dsc_0001.jpeg

Took delivery of my car yesterday. Got some mud guards and floor mats as the only accessories (both given free). Guys at PPS VW were great.

So what's great, after about 100 KM of driving?
- Motion sickness of my daughter (4 yr old) has reduced substantially in the back seat. The most important criteria for me .
- Ride quality
- Engine Performance
- Build & materials quality ( I still can't understand criticism of plastic stuff in reviews)
- Electronics & Siri integration
- Space is good
- Felt safe inside
- I never thought I will buy an expensive car ever, as I used to feel it is a waste of money, but this one probably, felt like 'value for money' offer (more so when I used to see Audi Q3 pass by which I mistook to be another t-roc from the sides)
- Driveability is great in a city like Bangalore, and the small dimensions are helping.
- Cute electronic tyre inflator, and puncture kit with the car.

Possible improvements:
- Apple Carplay is just OK types, as it isn't easy to zoom out zoom in into maps so easily like on phones.
- Too much information overload, like, I won't even bother to understand, like engine temperature...etc. They could have just asked me, like what kind of a user am I and could have presented me a super simple display board.
- The information manual is also just too much information. I wish Apple Designers can work with VW to simplify the information presentation part.
- Going from manual to automatic, didn't live up to the promise of saving driver's fatigue. I thought automatic will be day and night moment, but it is not. It just gives some additional comfort in driving, but you still need to be super focused when driving, and it still takes enough brain energy to navigate roads. Can't blame this car, but general observation.


I am not an auto fan, so I don't think can be more detailed that this one in terms of feedback.

There are a ones/twos left with dealers, I think if anyone is on the fence, and are thinking of 15 to 20L budget car, I would advise to stretch 5L more and just buy this blindly. Don't think you can ever get this kind of a car at such a reasonable price.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2020 at 22:01. Reason: Typo
JOKARR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 01:43   #827
BHPian
 
shishir333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 49
Thanked: 570 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Attachment 2057514

Took delivery of my car yesterday. Got some mud guards and floor mats as the only accessories (both given free). Guys at PPS VW were great.

......
Congratulations
What a beautiful looking vehicle. This color looks stunning on T-Roc. Some say this is small for a compact SUV but I think the proportions are perfect for a small family's city usage!
If only I had this kind of money for a car today, this would be it without a second thought!

I guess I will wait for a year or two for this one to come in used car market with a good depreciation!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st September 2020 at 07:33. Reason: trimmed quoted post
shishir333 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 14:55   #828
BHPian
 
Seahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 613 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Attachment 2057514

Took delivery of my car yesterday. Got some mud guards and floor mats as the only accessories (both given free). Guys at PPS VW were great.
Congratulations! I'm sure you made the right choice. We are waiting for our T-Roc to be delivered and we picked the Ravenna Blue. The grey looks nice as well and wondering if I should switch By the way, did you get the T-Roc accessories or the generic ones? Wishing you many sweet memories with the new ride.
Seahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:26   #829
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 151
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Took delivery of my car yesterday. [/b]
Congratulations and welcome to TRoc owners family. The car is very nice on highways but when negitiating rough roads I find the gearbox being very jittery and sometimes it switches to D1 with high revs, what appears to me as completely unnecessary to negotiate the road. I found this on 1.2 GT TSI Polo as well and hence nothing immediately to bother about. Just be cautious with lane assist, when you happen to use.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:45   #830
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 396
Thanked: 1,016 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Attachment 2057514
Don't think you can ever get this kind of a car at such a reasonable price.
Congratulations on the car!!!

But would like to disagree with you on the car being reasonable at 20 lac rupees ex-showroom when we have cars a segment above at similar or lower prices. Being a CBU it is not at all reasonable thanks to the kind of taxes we have here in India.

Add to this the not so famous after sales service of Volkswagen is another element which ensures that the car would not be reasonable to maintain in the long run as well.

Last edited by sv97 : 21st September 2020 at 16:51.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 17:24   #831
BHPian
 
Seahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 613 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to TRoc owners family. The car is very nice on highways but when negitiating rough roads I find the gearbox being very jittery and sometimes it switches to D1 with high revs, what appears to me as completely unnecessary to negotiate the road. I found this on 1.2 GT TSI Polo as well and hence nothing immediately to bother about. Just be cautious with lane assist, when you happen to use.
I noticed that during the test drive, I thought I might have done something when the car switched do D1 and revved. This happened to me when the road had a lot of speed bumps not necessarily bad roads. I'm waiting for my T-ROC and this troubles me a bit. Should I be bothered? Any suggestion/tips?

For the lane assist, I'm thinking of turning off the feature permanently. Guess you can do that right?
Seahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 17:42   #832
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 408
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Attachment 2057514

Took delivery of my car yesterday. Got some mud guards and floor mats as the only accessories (both given free). Guys at PPS VW were great.

[/b]
Congratulations on your T-ROC. That is a lovely lovely color.

Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles of motoring. Also please post a few more pics or create an ownership thread.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 01:33   #833
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
Congratulations
I guess I will wait for a year or two for this one to come in used car market with a good depreciation!
Thank you. Yes, i feel this will age well, so an old car will be a good value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
The grey looks nice as well and wondering if I should switch By the way, did you get the T-Roc accessories or the generic ones?
Thank you. Don't switch, even blue looks great. I don't know but mats had T-Roc branding. Dealer said they only got mats and mud-guards for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Just be cautious with lane assist, when you happen to use.
Thank you. I disabled it in my rides, had no patience to try new tech, already it was too much of information overload for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Congratulations on the car!!!

But would like to disagree with you on the car being reasonable at 20 lac rupees ex-showroom when we have cars a segment above at similar or lower prices.
Thank you. I have no other option but to rationalize my purchase with some lame excuses. In my analysis of prices of international markets of this product, including taking fx rates, I really doubt if VW themselves will be making any profit, as 14 Lakhs (before taxes) is pretty low, about 16K Euro only. Even the lowest fit variant of Troc, is not being sold anywhere in Europe at that price before taxes. These are just test mules for introducing the tech in Taigun for sure, which probably will compete with the Koreans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
For the lane assist, I'm thinking of turning off the feature permanently. Guess you can do that right?
I don't know, but i tried switching off manually every time i drove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Also please post a few more pics or create an ownership thread.
Thank you, will post in some days.
JOKARR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 19:19   #834
BHPian
 
namanchaudhary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 158
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

So after owning the Volkswagen for 1 month I guess the DSG DQ200 horror in catching upto me.

Atleast twice in 2 days it has happened that while reversing very slowly in the parking spot a loud thud! noise is made and it almost feels the DSG has 'slipped' from the reverse gear and somebody has pulled the e-brake abruptly. The engine remains on and it behaves normally after that but seeing it happen twice in 2 days got me worrying because that thud is not a pleasant sound to hear. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the T-Roc or even other DQ200 vehicles?
I know the vehicle is in warranty but no idea for how long they'll keep the vehicle with them just in case it needs a DSG replacement, this being a CBU vehicle.
I called my SA regarding this, he said both T-Roc and Tiguan do this when being reversed into a tight spot surrounded by cars or people..don't know how much of that is true though.

Last edited by namanchaudhary : 29th September 2020 at 19:27.
namanchaudhary is offline  
Old 29th September 2020, 19:43   #835
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Atleast twice in 2 days it has happened that while reversing very slowly in the parking spot a loud thud! noise is made and it almost feels the DSG has 'slipped' from the reverse gear and somebody has pulled the e-brake abruptly. The engine remains on and it behaves normally after that but seeing it happen twice in 2 days got me worrying because that thud is not a pleasant sound to hear. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the T-Roc or even other DQ200 vehicles?
Maybe you can switch off manoeuvre braking in the driver assist systems.
Probably the car is auto braking due to the sensors detecting very less space .
moncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 19:44   #836
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 151
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
So after owning the Volkswagen for 1 month I guess the DSG DQ200 horror in catching upto me.

I doubt if you are facing DSG issue. In all probability, the manoeuvre braking is kicking in. When the car applies brakes autonomously, you will feel full loss of braking control in the pedal, as it uses the ABS system, is what I understand. The braking action is also followed by active info display showing a red symbol. If you are uncomfortable with it, you can disable it via media console in the car menu item. I can check and update you exactly where it is.
I suggest to keep it enabled though to protect your car.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 29th September 2020 at 20:00. Reason: some strange char on mobile app.
tristis2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 20:12   #837
BHPian
 
namanchaudhary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 158
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
Maybe you can switch off manoeuvre braking in the driver assist systems.
Probably the car is auto braking due to the sensors detecting very less space .
I'll try that right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I doubt if you are facing DSG issue. In all probability, the manoeuvre braking is kicking in. When the car applies brakes autonomously, you will feel full loss of braking control in the pedal, as it uses the ABS system, is what I understand. The braking action is also followed by active info display showing a red symbol. If you are uncomfortable with it, you can disable it via media console in the car menu item. I can check and update you exactly where it is.
I suggest to keep it enabled though to protect your car.
It's a big relief to hear. This is my first experience ever with the manoeuvre breaking feature not only in T-Roc but in any car at all.
namanchaudhary is offline  
Old 29th September 2020, 20:32   #838
Distinguished - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 5,098
Thanked: 7,374 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
I'll try that right away.

It's a big relief to hear. This is my first experience ever with the manoeuvre breaking feature not only in T-Roc but in any car at all.
Switch it off. Unsuitable for India I feel. Couple of examples:

Visualize you slowly creeping forward in heavy traffic and a pedestrian crosses in front. You have full knowledge of the person crossing, and there is zero practical risk of a collision. But the sensors will immediately slam the brakes on if the Western-standard tolerances are exceeded.

Again, when you're semi off-road and driving through a dirt road with grassy patches. Any slightly tall grass stems will trigger the same abrupt braking. The Skoda Karoq does the same as actually experienced by TBHP Mr. Perera on his thread.

Further, switch off lane assist & speed limit recognition especially if it is linked to auto braking. You don't want to auto brake because the camera misread some random sign as a speed limit, and suddenly auto brakes on the highway!

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th September 2020 at 20:33.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 15:33   #839
BHPian
 
namanchaudhary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 158
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Today my T-Roc completes 1 month so I took it for the first service which they call it "Swagat Service" meant to be done after 30 days or 1000km which ever is earlier. It was a free service with free wash and vacuum which I didn't opt for because I do it myself at home with products meant for Ceramic coatings and PPF and any excuse to use my Karcher K3 with a foam canon.

Issues my vehicle had -

1. Randomly it'd display "Front Assist Sensor Impaired" and that sign would disappear when I restart the car, I checked the car physically there was nothing block or covering the sensors.

2. I reverse park my car up a slope which is the only time I use auto hold. So, if I stop on the incline while reversing, the car would stop fine because the auto hold is on. But technically if I press the accelerator it shouldn't move even an inch forward and go straight back which never used to happen.
With me it used to roll down atleast 1feet before finally reversing again.


Both of these issues are now fixed, they have updated the software of the car as well and turned off all the euro-spec features and even suggested me to turn off manoeuvre breaking.
namanchaudhary is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 17:57   #840
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 151
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Both of these issues are now fixed, they have updated the software of the car as well and turned off all the euro-spec features and even suggested me to turn off manoeuvre breaking.
Can you be more specific as to what they have turned off ? We have paid some price for a European spec car. Hope they are not disabling any feature.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks