Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2020, 18:01   #91
BHPian

re: Volkswagen T-Roc spotted in India EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 19.99 Lakhs

That pricing is a big fat rabbit out of the hat from Volkswagen. It now is very tempting for anyone looking at the category. If they can sustain this pricing, volumes clearly will be much more than predicted earlier.
Old 22nd February 2020, 19:21   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen T-Roc India launch on March 18 th, 2020.

Volkswagen will bring the T-Roc to India as full-import initially, under the 2,500 car rule. Will go the CKD route based on the market demand.

Priced aggressively( ~ ₹ 20 lakhs) Volkswagen is all set for its second coming.

This will be the second launch post the Tiguan ALLSPACE which will be launched on March 6th.

The SUV will be sold in India in a single variant that will be loaded to the brim.

Quote:
The T-Roc is around 4.2 meters long and sits below the Tiguan in the brand's global line-up. Under the hood, it will come with a 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine good for 150hp and 250Nm of torque. Gearbox duties will be carried out by a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox. There will be no manual transmission on offer
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd February 2020 at 19:48.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:17   #93
AYP
Senior - BHPian

From what I understand, the T-Roc belongs to the Creta, Seltos and HR-V segment right?

Or does it belong to a higher segment with the likes of Tucson and the Compass?

The dimensions strongly suggest the former.
Old 22nd February 2020, 22:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
From what I understand, the T-Roc belongs to the Creta, Seltos and HR-V segment right?

Or does it belong to a higher segment with the likes of Tucson and the Compass?

The dimensions strongly suggest the former.
Creta, Seltos and Compass are dimensionally similar while the Tuscon is a size larger (which is dimensionally similar to the Harrier).
T-Roc seems to be Creta sized but seems to be little more wider (and low slung).
Old 23rd February 2020, 14:29   #95
BHPian

Since India will get the 1.5 TSI EVO, 148 BHP engine on the T-ROC, I wanted to raise the engine issue that the T ROC owners in UK have been raising.
As reported the owners have experienced juddering starts at low rpms, especially when started in cold conditions. It has been described as "Kangaroo Effect".

Many owners have shared their experience here
https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=266
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/ne...gine-problems/

The problem has mostly been in manual variants and some in DSG variants as well. Few videos showing the Roo effect on youtube:

The VW seems to have acknowledged the issue and provided a software fix as well. But owners continue to report the issue.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/ow...si-evo-engine/

https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buyin...-engine/n20104

However, there seem to be no complaints with 2020 manufactured vehicles as indicated in UK T-ROC forum

https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtop...rt=2350#p19850

Hopefully, we will not have face the issues here in India.

Mods: I am wondering if this topic requires a different thread. Please suggest.
tristis2008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 10:55   #96
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings open in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
If this is the case the Vision IN will be a ₹10 lakh car ?

This is a ridiculous expectation. T ROC will rival Jeep Compass and prices are expected to be ~₹ 23- 25 lahks.
Why would either the enthusiast or the mass market CSUV buyer then go for the TROC over the Compass or even the Seltos and Hector?

It is sized on par (I think slightly smaller) than the Seltos, its engine from what we know will be of a similar displacement and output as compared to the Seltos.

The Jeep offers more space, a much more powerful engine and is already considered to be overpriced. Aside from the VW tag, what exactly does the TROC offer over its rivals in the same segment or even one below?

Look at it this way, this will be a C segment CSUV priced at D segment prices?

VW will have another sales dud on its hands is my bet.
Old 24th February 2020, 11:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
The VW seems to have acknowledged the issue and provided a software fix as well. But owners continue to report the issue

Hopefully, we will not have face the issues here in India.

Zac Hollis, Director Marketing, Skoda replied to my query that the " issue has been solved in the 1.5 TSI and we will not face this issue in India."
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 16:24   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Zac Hollis, Director Marketing, Skoda replied to my query that the " issue has been solved in the 1.5 TSI and we will not face this issue in India."
Indeed, I had a similar interaction with Zac. And one of the earlier responses that he got from his technical team was as follows.

"In the previous years 1.5 TSI had problems with jerking especially with cold conditions. Analysis were made and countermeasure was released – SW update for Engine Control Unit. This countermeasure was sufficient and with a new SW we almost do not have any complaints. In some cases there can still be problem till 1500 engine speeds but this lasts only for a few seconds and as I mentioned there are almost no customer complaints.
Action was also done and new SW was flashed to all cars with old SW.
Currently there is no problem with 1.5 TSI and currently we do not solve any issues with this engine.“

After Auto Expo announcements he responded

"Yes. I am very confident in the engine and look forward to getting feedback from journalists in India."

on being asked
"
Dear Zac,
I understood from the announcements that both Karoq and T Roc are going to get the 1.5 L TSI engines. Is it the same EVO engine that we discussed about here ?
"
Old 24th February 2020, 16:43   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen T-Roc India launch on March 18 th, 2020.

Volkswagen will bring the T-Roc to India as full-import initially, under the 2,500 car rule. Will go the CKD route based on the market demand.

Priced aggressively( ~ ₹ 20 lakhs) Volkswagen is all set for its second coming.

This will be the second launch post the Tiguan ALLSPACE which will be launched on March 6th.

The SUV will be sold in India in a single variant that will be loaded to the brim.

Link
I spoke to one of the VW showrooms in bangalore and he shared the below details:
1. It will be a CBU
2. Only 1000 units to be imported
3. 1.5 TSI Petrol engine with only 1 variant
4. Would be prices ~22 - 24 lacs ex-showroom (This will take it to 29 lacs OTR in bangalore)
5. Deliveries will start in Mid -April
Old 24th February 2020, 17:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

CBU cant be under 20L - if they indeed price it around that price, then its an awesome deal! Each Manufacturer can import 2500 cars in this category, is VW planning for other cars also? T-Cross around 14L would be awesome too!
Old 25th February 2020, 08:58   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Most likely 150 HP and 250 NM.
I guess it will have the DQ200 Gearbox as it does not get AWD and therefore no need for the DQ380/DQ500.

The DQ200 gearbox has a torque limitation of 250 NM.

The previous 1.4 TSI was tuned only to a higher 150 HP and 250 NM guise in the Octavia and A3 but I think we will see two times including a lower 130 HP tune of the new 1.5 TSI in the MQB A0 IN vehicles.
Though VAG may not have the DQ200 Gearbox in the T-Roc, but a clarification would certainly. Shelling ₹24-25 lakhs on a car with a gearbox prone to failure is not prudent.
Old 25th February 2020, 10:08   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

All media points out to a ex showroom price of ₹ ~20 lakhs.

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 2630
Size:  310.9 KB

The T-Roc will be powered by a 1.5-litre inline-4 turbocharged petrol engine which develops 150 PS and 240 Nm of maximum power output and peak torque respectively. It will be paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th February 2020 at 10:37.
Old 25th February 2020, 10:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

If I had known the TROC would be priced around 20L ex-showroom, I would have waited instead of buying the Vento. I think it will provide a more premium experience than the likes of Seltos and Creta in terms of driving performance, interior quality and features. On top of that, it is going to be pretty exclusive one among the hordes of Creta, Seltos and Hector.
Any idea about the pricing of the Karoq? I think in most markets, the TROC and Karoq are priced similarly while the Tiguan is slightly higher priced.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:58   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopy95 View Post
Though VAG may not have the DQ200 Gearbox in the T-Roc, but a clarification would certainly. Shelling ₹24-25 lakhs on a car with a gearbox prone to failure is not prudent.
My sources tell me its definitely NOT DQ200 . Most probably DQ380 series or the 500 . Lets wait.
Old 25th February 2020, 11:22   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I think it will provide a more premium experience than the likes of Seltos and Creta in terms of driving performance, interior quality and features.
On the topic of interior quality, most of the reviews from UK / Australia say, it does not feel premium. Lot of hard plastics around.

Yes, driving performance might be better as DSG performs better than any of the DCT boxes available in the market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks