Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 20:20   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Can you be more specific as to what they have turned off ? We have paid some price for a European spec car. Hope they are not disabling any feature.
My guess is, something like an emergency braking may not work too well here and may end up triggering false. Imagine a cyclist or a bike guy momentarily appearing right in front of the car and sway back in to his lane in a flash, the system would probably prompt the auto-braking.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd October 2020 at 08:35. Reason: breaking > braking
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:50   #842
BHPian

The VW website still says that bookings for the car have been stopped now. I still registered my interest on the site and got a call back from their customer care. When I asked if the bookings have stopped, they said that is not the case and asked me which website was saying this.

Got a call from the dealer then (Whitefield). He said he only has 2 color options - blue and grey but doesn't have any vehicles for TD. Is it the same case with other dealerships?
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:49   #843
Senior - BHPian

These cars are now almost an year old. They were imported at the end of last year I think. So guys be careful and inspect them properly if you buy one.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 20:30   #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Is it the same case with other dealerships?
Try PPS VW Hebbal, they had a white troc test drive (at a few weeks back).
JOKARR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 15:27   #845
BHPian

Hello all! Called VW showroom in whitefield, Bangalore and they said that the car is sold out and they are not accepting new bookings. Can any 1 please share the details if they have been able to book the car recently. Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 09:21   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgogold View Post
Hello all! Called VW showroom in whitefield, Bangalore and they said that the car is sold out and they are not accepting new bookings.
If 1000 is the total units that VW imported then, until now total cars sold is 978 as per sales/dispatch figures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227880

I reckon, the dealers still have cars, if not of all colours. SA of PPS nagawara said some cars are available. I have messaged you the contact number.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 13:40   #847
BHPian

I was informed last week of a couple of cars in stock with VW Downtown, a dealer in Mumbai, they had the car on display as well, if any ones interested they could reach out to them and find out more.
Old 7th October 2020, 12:25   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgogold View Post
Hello all! Called VW showroom in whitefield, Bangalore and they said that the car is sold out and they are not accepting new bookings. Can any 1 please share the details if they have been able to book the car recently. Thanks
Send me DM, I have contact from Elite Hosur who has Grey in stock and Palace Cross VW with Blue and Orange in stock.
Old 7th October 2020, 15:09   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Send me DM, I have contact from Elite Hosur who has Grey in stock and Palace Cross VW with Blue and Orange in stock.
Can't send a PM, still in newbie mode!
Old 9th October 2020, 11:30   #850
BHPian

Took delivery of this beauty yesterday.
The dealership experience with KUN Volkswagen Madras was exceptional.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img1453-1.jpg

Some observations on day 1: -

*The Ravenna Blue is an eye-catcher and we're glad that we went ahead with this colour
* Haven't tried out the lane assist yet (disabled it for now).
* Excellent highway manners- punchy engine with a firm and stable ride. Drove from Pondicherry to Chennai via ECR.
* The DSG on the highway is smooth and slick. Haven't tried city driving as of now .
* The electronic parking is loud on the outside whenever it engages/disengages.
* The seat upholstery feels premium and the seats themselves are supportive once you find your exact configuration
*The headlights are bright and offer a superb range.

Will keep you guys posted after driving it more, stay tuned. Thanks!
Seahawk is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 22:44   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
* The DSG on the highway is smooth and slick. Haven't tried city driving as of now .
Hey! Congratulations. I have Ravenna Blue too. The DSG in city is perfectly fine. And if you meant Bangalore like pot holed roads with unscientific humps and so on, the DSG does get jittery and it might unnerve you. Slotting in S under these conditions seems to improve the situation, but not completely avoid it. The car ride is really awesome otherwise.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 23:54   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Hey! Congratulations. I have Ravenna Blue too. The DSG in city is perfectly fine. And if you meant Bangalore like pot holed roads with unscientific humps and so on, the DSG does get jittery and it might unnerve you. Slotting in S under these conditions seems to improve the situation, but not completely avoid it. The car ride is really awesome otherwise.
I believe the shift quality will get better with time, but that being said, D3-D2 has always felt a little noticeable on the DQ200. In fact, I find the D3-D2 jitter even on the DQ250 (Jetta) and the much superior DQ500 (Tiguan) too.

Mod Note: BHPian Seahawk's Volkswagen T-Roc Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2020 at 12:02. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks