Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 11:55   #106
BHPian

re: Volkswagen T-Roc spotted in India EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 19.99 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
My sources tell me its definitely NOT DQ200 . Most probably DQ380 series or the 500 . Lets wait.
As far as I understand the UK T-Roc 1.5L has DQ200

See https://twitter.com/ukvolkswagen/sta...24540236042241

EDIT:
Further search seems to indicate that late 2019 models are having DQ381 along with 1.5L petrol...
https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1504

Last edited by LobsterB : 25th February 2020 at 12:11. Reason: DQ381
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:28   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings open in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Why would either the enthusiast or the mass market CSUV buyer then go for the TROC over the Compass or even the Seltos and Hector?

It is sized on par (I think slightly smaller) than the Seltos, its engine from what we know will be of a similar displacement and output as compared to the Seltos.

The Jeep offers more space, a much more powerful engine and is already considered to be overpriced. Aside from the VW tag, what exactly does the TROC offer over its rivals in the same segment or even one below?

Look at it this way, this will be a C segment CSUV priced at D segment prices?

VW will have another sales dud on its hands is my bet.
Obviously I have not seen the car but based on what I have gathered, T-Roc is on my radar over Seltos and Compass for the following reasons:
  1. Think of this as a bigger Polo GT on a stilt. Somewhat low slung, this is going to be a driver's car if it reproduces Polo GT experience with more space, features and power. Selto's steering feel is a spoiler IMHO and Compass petrol is not highly regarded
  2. Even though it is shorter in length on paper, it is going to be wider than Compass (which feels ridiculously narrow inside) and going to have more spacious (with more usable area) boot.
  3. Fit and finish and the refinement levels will be way ahead of Compass and Seltos.
Old 25th February 2020, 17:48   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
EDIT:
Further search seems to indicate that late 2019 models are having DQ381 along with 1.5L petrol...
https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1504
Further down in the same thread, most people seem to confirm that the TROC is still running on DQ200 and not DQ381.

I actually do not see the necessity for VW to use the DQ381 here, given the weight, power and torque considerations. TROC weighs only 1230 KG, so not a lot to lug around. In contrast, the Vento TDI Highline DSG in which the DQ200 box has been deployed for the last 4 years in India, weighs 1238 KG. Plus Torque ratings are almost identical between the two cars at 250NM. Have not heard of any major faults with the Ventos lately.

Altogether, an excellent package if launched below 20 Lakhs for the top spec trim. Though I do not know how that is even possible - TROC SE costs more in the UK (22K Pounds = 20.47 Lakhs INR) - so with the 100%+ Customs duty, it should cost closer to 30 lakhs here!

The car promises to be a cracker to drive - with 0-100 times of the region of 8.5 seconds! (Versus Kia Seltos DCT which takes 9.5 seconds to 100 - Also consider VW acceleration claims are understated while Hyundai/Kia speed claims are usually overstated) See below:
https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-sp...0HP-DSG-7.html

Although shorter than the Ecosport etc. it will be nearly identical to the Audi Q3 in height (around 1.6m) which should not be too bad. Definitely taller than the Benz GLA and previous generation BMW X1 which were closer to 1.5m. Brochure available on VW site, attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-Roc-Mini-Web-Brochure.pdf (836.7 KB, 746 views)

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 25th February 2020 at 18:08.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 11:57   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Altogether, an excellent package if launched below 20 Lakhs for the top spec trim.
I checked with showroom in Gurgaon, pricing is expected to around 20 lacs ex-showroom, taking the on-road to around 23 lacs or so. T-Roc would be available in showrooms in third week of March 2020.
Old 27th February 2020, 12:18   #110
BHPian

Have booked it by paying a booking amount of 50000
Now it all depends on the pricing.
Will go for it if its around 22 on road else will cancel it
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 18:02   #111
Team-BHP Support

Did not think much of the T-Roc until I saw one on the road this morning and I must admit that I was mighty impressed with the overall design!

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_20200229_113523_.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 1st March 2020 at 07:24. Reason: Adding watermark
manson is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 23:34   #112
BHPian

That's a great looking crossover!

I'm a fan of VW's clean designs, looks like this will be another looker from their stable.
About time these car companies start getting their global line up to India sooner
Old 2nd March 2020, 08:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
That's a great looking crossover!

I'm a fan of VW's clean designs, looks like this will be another looker from their stable.
About time these car companies start getting their global line up to India sooner
Happened to spot 3 VW SUVs on the Mumbai Pune expressway over the weekend on the Mumbai bound lane. They stopped right after the last toll.

New Tiguan
A camouflaged SUV similar in proportion to the other 2
T Roc

I have to admit the T Roc is a clean design from the side and rear. Could not view the front end.

Last edited by ronello : 2nd March 2020 at 08:36. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:19   #114
BHPian

I've been in touch with the Palace Cross VW here in Bangalore as I was planning on upgrading my Polo to a Polo GT and they told me about the T-Roc. It's going to be priced between 25-30L. 1.5 TSI Engine mated to the DQ200 DSG gearbox. It was falling out the budget set for this car, so I decided to go with the Polo GT. Sadly, there is no stock of the GT and apparently the future BS6 compliant car will not have the same 1.2 TSI motor, it will come with a 1.0 TSI motor but will put out 113 BHP instead of the current 105. Also the gearbox is going to be a torque converter and not the Dual Clutch DSG as earlier. They're saying that the company has specifically told them to tell customers that VW is not going to compromise on the performance of the GT TSI. Let us hope that is true because i can't think of a better car to replace my Polo.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:41   #115
BHPian

Spoke to my VW showroom guy and he said T-ROC launch is planned for March 15th.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! VW T-Roc features, colours & specs

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

A leaked image from the presentation to the Volkswagen sales team has revealed the specifications, features and colour options available on the upcoming T-Roc compact SUV.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-vw.png

The image reveals that the T-Roc will come with LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights. The SUV will also get a panoramic sunroof, leather seats, digital instrument cluster and 17-inch alloy wheels.

The T-Roc has 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating. It is equipped with safety features such as 6 airbag, ESP, ABS, ASR, EDL, MSR and Hill Start Assist.

The T-Roc is powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that produces 148 BHP and 250 Nm of torque. It is claimed to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 8.4 seconds and has a claimed top speed of 205 km/h.

Volkswagen will sell the T-Roc in 6 colour options including Deep Black Purple, Curcuma Yellow with Black roof, Energetic Orange with Black roof, Pure White with Black roof, Indium Grey with Black roof, Ravenna Blue with Black roof.

The image also indicates that the media launch of the T-Roc is scheduled to take place on March 18, 2020 in Delhi.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:58   #117
Senior - BHPian

A good package! 1.5 TSI with ACT? Active Cylinder Management, great. It also comes equipped with Virtual Cockfit I mean seriously VW, if this is your factory presentation, sure the audience had a great laugh when the slide came up . All in all a good package but expecting the price to be around 24-26 OTR, anything north of that, a great car would be DOA.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:08   #118
Senior - BHPian

This makes it one of the few if not only car(s) in India with cylinder deactivation technology! Wonder which other cars in India have a his feature. Hope the response time from waking up the engine from say, 2 cylinder to full power is in sync with the DSG kick down
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
This makes it one of the few if not only car(s) in India with cylinder deactivation technology! Wonder which other cars in India have a his feature. Hope the response time from waking up the engine from say, 2 cylinder to full power is in sync with the DSG kick down
AFAIK only the Audi 1.4 TSI was offered with cylinder deactivation. Don't know about any other premium brands like Mini, etc. IIRC the system just cuts off one cylinder and not two? The transition is seamless, no worries about that. Internationally it comes with a 12V micro hybrid system. Not sure what they'll do here.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:48   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scoop! VW T-Roc features, colours & specs
A leaked image from the presentation to the Volkswagen sales team has revealed the specifications, features and colour options available on the upcoming T-Roc compact SUV.
So it most likely seems that there will be a single variant on offer. Let's now hope for a sensible price from Volkswagen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
This makes it one of the few if not only car(s) in India with cylinder deactivation technology! Wonder which other cars in India have a his feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
AFAIK only the Audi 1.4 TSI was offered with cylinder deactivation. Don't know about any other premium brands like Mini, etc.
Sorry for taking this off-topic, but the Accord V6 also came with Variable Cylinder Management, which I remember vividly because it was one of the affordable dream cars of mine as a teenager. I had read about this in some news articles when this was launched, but just found a post from our forum as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
VCM or Variable Cylinder Management in Honda speak is a technology that shuts down selected cylinders to conserve fuel when driven gently over city roads and highways.

Last edited by Researcher : 2nd March 2020 at 14:50.
Researcher is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks