Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2020, 19:13   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen T-Roc spotted in India EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 19.99 Lakhs

Volkswagen T-Roc will be launched online; event cancelled

Volkswagen has cancelled the launch event of the T-Roc in view of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the advisories by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and the World Health Organisation to avoid large gatherings. Instead, the SUV will now be launched online on March 18, 2020.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-troc.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc was unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo. It will be offered with a 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine paired with a 7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Last week, VW launched the Tiguan Allspace in India. The T-Roc is the second VW SUV scheduled to be launched this year.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 12th March 2020 at 19:18.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 08:45   #152
BHPian

I booked one yesterday. In white color.

Dealer says expected price is about 20-22 lac on road UP registration.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I booked one yesterday. In white color.

Dealer says expected price is about 20-22 lac on road UP registration.
I am also seriously considering the T-Roc. I am curious if you also considered the upcoming Skoda Karoq?
T-Roc seems to be somewhat smaller (and less expensive) than Karoq but it may be nicer to drive with it's low slung stance.
Did they give any indication of when will they deliver the car?
Old 14th March 2020, 11:15   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
The T-Roc is larger than the Ecosport - it compares to the Creta and Seltos in dimensions, being 4.23m long and 1.82m in width.
I just checked. The T Roc is smaller than the outgoing Creta. The New Creta will be a tad bigger than the old one too.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:26   #155
BHPian

3 most awaited car prices would be T-Roc, Karoq, Creta! Most people are holding on their purchases to decide on one. I am also curious about Renault 1.3 duster, hope they get it right!
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 12:23   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I am also seriously considering the T-Roc. I am curious if you also considered the upcoming Skoda Karoq?
T-Roc seems to be somewhat smaller (and less expensive) than Karoq but it may be nicer to drive with it's low slung stance.
Did they give any indication of when will they deliver the car?
I'm in the same boat. I have booked the T-Roc and have the Karoq and Tucson in sight. Let's see which one suits my needs - waiting for the launches.
Old 14th March 2020, 12:58   #157
BHPian

I am surprised that Karoq is not a consideration for more people. Whatcar UK and many other reviews rate it 5/5 and position it as a Tiguan replacement.

Rated as much better, bigger and fun to drive than T-Roc.
If it comes with Varioflex seats and priced right it will be my #1 choice.

https://www.whatcar.com/skoda/karoq/estate/review/n118
Old 14th March 2020, 13:05   #158
BHPian

I am waiting for the Karoq, I think it's a perfect midsize suv with a powerful enough engine. Had thought about the t roc as well but the lack of space has put me off. If the Karoq is priced up to 22 -23 on road, it's a no brainer.
Old 14th March 2020, 19:54   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
I am waiting for the Karoq, I think it's a perfect midsize suv with a powerful enough engine. Had thought about the t roc as well but the lack of space has put me off. If the Karoq is priced up to 22 -23 on road, it's a no brainer.

While engines being the same, Karoq would be a better car than T Roc, given much better interiors, space and practicality, from what I see from the European reviews. Given this, I feel Skoda may place the Karoq above T Roc. Of course other specs would play a big role.

Also wonder whats the strategy in launching Karoq later than T Roc ! While Skoda says April first week is the launch date, no particular launch date has been set. Isn't it ?
Old 15th March 2020, 00:05   #160
BHPian

Slightly biased view here since I have a T-Roc on order but like others above I did consider the Karoq, but it looks too adult (read bland) for someone in their early 20s. I also think VW-Skoda are actively trying to carve out a brand niche and pushing VW as a pseudo-luxury brand vs Skoda being the mass market brand to go up against your Hyundais and Kias.

IMO the Karoq is a cheaper replacement for the outgoing 5 seater Tiguan and aimed towards the Indian family which values space and safety. Whereas the T-Roc is essentially for those who want a more upmarket/ SUVed version of the Polo GT i.e. young urban drivers. The T-Roc also seems adequately versatile and looks sportier than the traditional SUV which is part of the charm.

That's just my two cents. I'll be sure to share pictures of the car when I go for the test drive/ take delivery.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 00:35   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
I have a feeling that the T-Roc will be 22-23 on-road but the Karoq will be at least 4-5 lacs more. This was also hinted by a salesman at Skoda showroom. Probably a lac more than the T-Roc is justifiable but anything more than that is just greed.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 07:17   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have a feeling that the T-Roc will be 22-23 on-road but the Karoq will be at least 4-5 lacs more. This was also hinted by a salesman at Skoda showroom. Probably a lac more than the T-Roc is justifiable but anything more than that is just greed.
The Karoq sells for 10% more in the UK - If the T-Roc launches at 22-23 on road, expect the Karoq to be 2.5-4 lakhs more (In line with Compass and Tucson top variants, probably 50k to 1 lac more than them - thanks to the Skoda arrogance)
Old 16th March 2020, 12:32   #163
BHPian

So, this has got me in a real fix. I've been planning on upgrading my Polo to an Octavia TSI L&K DSG but since the T roc has been announced, I've gotten really confused. I've been in touch with a couple of Bangalore VW dealers, they've said that it'll be priced between 25-26. Where it gets confusing is when I compare the two cars. The Octavia seems like better VFM mainly because of two reasons, 1) I'll be getting a bigger motor. And 2) based on all reviews that I've seen online, the quality of materials on the inside is really bad, like hard and scratchy plastics. Could you guys help me out here? Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
The Octavia seems like better VFM mainly because of two reasons, 1) I'll be getting a bigger motor. And 2) based on all reviews that I've seen online, the quality of materials on the inside is really bad, like hard and scratchy plastics. Could you guys help me out here? Thanks
The Octavia has a great interior - In terms of build and material. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you should go take a look at the Octavia, sit in it, get a general feel of the interior, drive it and then make a call.
Between the T-Cross and the Octavia, I'd personally go for the Octavia because of that motor.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:12   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The Octavia has a great interior - In terms of build and material. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you should go take a look at the Octavia, sit in it, get a general feel of the interior, drive it and then make a call.
Between the T-Cross and the Octavia, I'd personally go for the Octavia because of that motor.

I have taken a test drive of the Octavia. In my post, I meant the quality of materials in the T-Roc aren't great, not the Octavia

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th March 2020 at 14:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks