Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 13:44   #196

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc spotted in India EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 19.99 Lakhs

Very competitive pricing for a brilliantly engineered well sculpted good looking car. If VW is really putting up just 1000 units on sale, they'd be sold out in no time.

Whether there are plans for plunking for a T-Roc or not, I'm raring to have a TD of the car just to experience the engine and feel the build quality in person.

One question has been lingering in my mind since quite a long time : why bring in that T-Roc as a CBU? Why not atleast assemble it here domestically? Considering that the current models aren't selling like hot cakes, I doubt if VW's assembly lines are working at full capacities.
lihkinm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 13:47   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Which gearbox is being used? 7speeds and 250Nm indicates DQ200. Can anyone confirm?
Old 18th March 2020, 14:00   #198
BHPian

Pricing is in Jeep Compass territory and I don't see many takers for it at this price. It should have been brought in as CKD and priced better.
Old 18th March 2020, 14:03   #199
BHPian

There is no mention of ground clearance. They had planned to tweak it to Indian road needs. I hope it remains 161mm as in EU.
Old 18th March 2020, 14:14   #200
BHPian

I was comparing it with Creta and Seltos on carwale.com In the feature list I noticed it mentions having full time four wheel drive and electronic differential lock. Nothing of the sort is mentioned either on the website nor in the brochure. If it's really there then its great value for money. Can anyone confirm?

Heated front seats not going to be useful in India. Cooled seats would have been more practical.

I think its connectivity app does not feature remote engine start/off unlike Seltos and Creta. It would have been a very welcome feature. But we can live without that. Does anyone have an idea what is the size of the screen on the dashboard?
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-troc.jpg  

Old 18th March 2020, 14:54   #201
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing. It is very similar to the Yeti pricing of the yesteryears. Back then at that price, no one was willing to buy a CSUV. Things have changed now and this can bring in good numbers considering the number of Creta and Seltos top ends on the road.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 18th March 2020 at 15:16.
Old 18th March 2020, 15:05   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
I was comparing it with Creta and Seltos on carwale.com In the feature list I noticed it mentions having full time four wheel drive and electronic differential lock. Nothing of the sort is mentioned either on the website nor in the brochure. If it's really there then its great value for money. Can anyone confirm?
It is an error. There is no AWD offered. They seem to have corrected it now.
T-Roc is 25 lacs on-road in Bangalore. I would have called it the right price if the car was little more spacious (especially the luggage space).

Last edited by Guna : 18th March 2020 at 15:13.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:11   #203
Senior - BHPian

Lovely! Not just the price but also the features which VW did not delete for India like multi-link rear suspension and virtual cockpit

There is no mention of blind spot monitoring but the brochure (earlier) had an image of the far side ORVM with the warning logo on the mirror. Of course, if wishes were horses... but then this is also a CBU
Old 18th March 2020, 15:13   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Lovely! Not just the price but also the features which VW did not delete for India like multi-link rear suspension and virtual cockpit

There is no mention of blind spot monitoring but the brochure (earlier) had an image of the far side ORVM with the warning logo on the mirror. Of course, if wishes were horses... but then this is also a CBU
I'm pretty sure this car does not have independent rear suspension.

It is a Front wheel drive petrol and with less than 150BHP. VW gives only torsion beam for this config in any car.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:19   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I'm pretty sure this car does not have independent rear suspension.

It is a Front wheel drive petrol and with less than 150BHP. VW gives only torsion beam for this config in any car.

My humble Duster AWD has all wheel independent suspension and she drives like a MERC
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:22   #206
BHPian

Dont! please don't go around saying it is priced right. Slowly and steadily without many people's awareness, the automobile industries have increased their price beyond acceptance.
Since the first Creta, every single car in its league has been over priced 5L above its worth, and we madly go buy it (like a Seltos). Is it really worth that money, is debatable.
I am sure cars now have far more tech and gadgets in it, unlike the past times, which amount to the price hike. But it has slowly become difficult to afford a decent car.

This looks like a nice car, and trusting VW's build quality it would have a lot of takers, and I hope at least this one has room for a tall person as well as easy on the pocket after few 10k kms.
Visaster is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:36   #207
BHPian

Does anyone know if this will come with driver aid features like Cruise Control with Follow at Certain distance? Auto braking etc? We rented a VW Golf back in 2018 in Poland and it had all those features. I am assuming this being a newer vehicle, a CBU and from a segment above should come with all those?
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:38   #208
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing, if you ask me. When the Creta and Seltos 1.4 Turbo-DCT variants are priced at INR 17.20 and 17.29 lac respectively, 19.99 lac for a (probably) better built CBU with a better brand name and more or less similar features is a steal. I just hope it's at least as solidly built as the Octavia(or any other MQB car). The Carwow UK review complains of poor interior quality at the top of the dashboard, so I can only hope that it will at least be better than its rivals in this area. The Jeep Compass 1.4 Limited Plus' pricing makes this car seem like complete value for money. It has more features, too(panoramic sunroof, probably more spacious).

While I know that what I'm about to suggest is not a good idea in terms of commercial viability, I wish there was a base 1.0TSI MT model to bring the sticker price down. After all, the public will view this as a car that costs 10 lac more than the Creta(Creta E petrol MT=9.99L) and will probably claim that it's overpriced. Maybe this can be rectified if or when the T-Roc becomes a CKD.

If the DSG turns out not to be the DQ200, this is a steal deal.
ron178 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:42   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Dont! please don't go around saying it is priced right. Slowly and steadily without many people's awareness, the automobile industries have increased their price beyond acceptance.
Since the first Creta, every single car in its league has been over priced 5L above its worth, and we madly go buy it (like a Seltos). Is it really worth that money, is debatable.
I am sure cars now have far more tech and gadgets in it, unlike the past times, which amount to the price hike. But it has slowly become difficult to afford a decent car.
I agree. To me the new Harrier looks better value when compared to cars around it like Seltos/Creta, Compass/T-Roc/Karoq/Tucson.
AnandB is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:49   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Does anyone know if this will come with driver aid features like Cruise Control with Follow at Certain distance? Auto braking etc? We rented a VW Golf back in 2018 in Poland and it had all those features. I am assuming this being a newer vehicle, a CBU and from a segment above should come with all those?

Neither the brochure nor the website mention of Cruise Control. I presume ACC will be on offer. To avoid all such queries and soubts, VW has to ensure correctness and completeness of both of them asap.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks