Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2020, 19:56   #301
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Agreed that T-Roc is a CBU but lets mot take it for granted that VW has listed the dimensions on its website incorrectly or even in its media briefings. They may have tweaked the vehicle for the Indian market to make the length bigger. Size does matter in India, when comparing to the competition !
Its not just the length but every other dimension is different :
Width & Wheelbase for the Indian model is 1819 mm & 2590 mm vs 1831.3 mm & 2595.9 mm respectively. so the Indian spec model is 12.33 mm narrower & 5.9 mm shorter on wheel base. So obviously it's been tweaked a bit. The only things constant is the height. I would assume that the company officials would know what they are doing
Hi, as everyone has pointed out, VW is known for its glaring errors in website. But my only grouse is that most of the media houses which covered the launch also blindly following those errors and misleading customers. They were too keen in positioning this as a compass/ Tucson competitor, that they may have intentionally overlooked the error. But being shorter than creta/ seltos should not be an issue for this CBU, as it has its own strong suits. They should have concentrated on those instead.
drpudhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 20:01   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
The India website mentions 'Driver Steering Recommendation'
Is this a common feature on cars in India? Does it actively 'steer' to mitigate loss of control?
As far as I know, the DSR is a "suggestion". So when the sensors feel that the car might loose traction or skid - it will give a small tug on the steering wheel in a direction. It doesn't actually actively turn the wheel or steer the car autonomously.

On the other hand - "Lockable wheel bolts" being top of the safety list cracked me up! This is like MSIL mentioning about a car having wiper blades in their specification sheets.

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd March 2020 at 20:04.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 14:30   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Totally agreed. Also if 161 mm GC is fully laden then it’s better than the Tiguan. Also, being a CBU it would be firmly set up so it wouldn’t bottom out easily. AFAIK even the Jetta has 158 mm of GC.
I spoke to a friend in the UK who says that the ground clearance numbers in the brochures are always with a full load as the manufacturers have to provide minimum GC figures according to the local UK regulations.

So the T-Rocs in India will almost definitely have a laden clearance of 160mm. Average, but I guess these cars will almost never see challenging terrain (barring bad potholes).
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 15:59   #304
BHPian

Had asked about the T-Roc in detail and while making up my mind for the Compass or Seltos I was surprised to find out they have no TD models available. The dealership which also owns a Skoda dealership from whom I had gotten the Octavia were very critical of T-Roc and again and again suggested another Octavia instead :P

Another interesting tidbit was that the staff got to see the Tiagun and according to the SSA it is based on the to be launched Polo with an elongated wheelbase which I took with a pinch of salt. I mean its gonna be MQB-A1-IN so what does Polo have to do anything about it.
Old 29th March 2020, 16:10   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Had asked about the T-Roc in detail and while making up my mind for the Compass or Seltos I was surprised to find out they have no TD models available. The dealership which also owns a Skoda dealership from whom I had gotten the Octavia were very critical of T-Roc and again and again suggested another Octavia instead :P

Another interesting tidbit was that the staff got to see the Tiagun and according to the SSA it is based on the to be launched Polo with an elongated wheelbase which I took with a pinch of salt. I mean its gonna be MQB-A1-IN so what does Polo have to do anything about it.
The internationally available sixth generation Polo is based on the MQB platform and is a longer platform as compared to the fifth gen model offered in India.

The person probably meant that the Taigun is based on the 6th-gen Polo and uses the same MQB platform but with a longer wheelbase which VW can achieve due to the modularity of the MQB series.
Old 30th March 2020, 16:36   #306
Team-BHP Support

Saw this convertible T-ROC yesterday in front of our house. Did not like it much and I think this will not be an option in India. Posting a few pics -

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_2995.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3003.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3001.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_2996.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 08:37   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty recent launch even in the UK: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volksw...et-2020-review
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 20:39   #308
BHPian

Take your time VW. Sure, no one is in a big hurry!
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-1585667261970.jpg  

tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 18:27   #309
BHPian

What navigation maps are provided in T Roc? Tom Tom?
Old 5th April 2020, 19:54   #310
BHPian

In one of my earlier posts, I had raised the issue of Kangaroo effect ailing the cars with 1.5 EVO engines.

Link (The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs)

Here are the updates from the Kangaroo thread from the VW TROC forum.

One owner has reported that the Kangaroo effect got fixed after injectors were replaced.

https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtop...rt=2400#p20659

Another owner has indicated that it could be an engine cylinder head issue and only cars manufactured withe certain batch of engines don't suffer from the issue.

https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtop...rt=2380#p20468

This issue is really worrying. I hope the VW/Skoda has indeed finally figured out the issue and none of the Indian cars suffers from the same.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 5th April 2020 at 20:04. Reason: grammatical!
Old 13th April 2020, 20:08   #311
BHPian

241 HP Volkswagen T-Roc GTE Hybrid Variant Likely On Cards – Report gaadiwaadi.com

VW is planning to add yet another new version of T-Roc, T-Roc GTE (with a PHEV system) apart from regular crossover, the performance-based T-Roc R, the two-door T-Roc Cabriolet.

VW might consider locally assembling the T-Roc in the near future but whether the GTE will be considered or not, is yet unknown.

The T-Roc GTE can be possible in near future as Volkswagen is keen on expanding its plug-in hybrid technology across its portfolio as a strategy of turning fully electric in the near future.

As for the powertrain, Volkswagen could incorporate the latest plug-in hybrid technology found in the Golf in the Europe. It will likely be equipped with a 1.4 litre turbocharged TSI four-cylinder petrol engine connected to an electric motor and a battery pack capable of 13 kWh. It is good enough to produce a maximum power output of 241 hp and 400 Nm of peak torque. The plug-in hybrid drive train is mated to a six-speed DCT automatic transmission. It could be positioned between the T-Roc R and the diesel-powered variant.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-volkswagentroccabriolet2019front1068x601.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-volkswagentrocrgte1080x720.jpg  

Last edited by gjnnbagal : 13th April 2020 at 20:26.
gjnnbagal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 10:36   #312
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen T-Roc could be assembled locally

According to a media report, Volkswagen could locally assemble the T-Roc using completely knocked down kits (CKD). However, this would depend on the demand for the model.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-troc.jpg

Volkswagen launched the T-Roc earlier this year. The SUV is imported as a completely built unit (CBU) under the new rule, which allows carmakers to import 2,500 units per year without the need for homologation.

In India, the T-Roc is offered with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 148 BHP @ 5,000-6,000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 1,500-3,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

According to Volkswagen, the first shipment of the T-Roc has already been sold out.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 12:50   #313
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc could be assembled locally

I find it hard to believe that they have managed to sell 2500 T-ROCs during this lockdown period. Thats the full years quota.
Its priced well for a CBU but still doesn't offer the VFM of a CRETA or SELTOS.
Its a better car in every aspect (i would say that about all VWs compared to the Japs and Koreans) but i doubt it seriously that it had that many takers.
Size matters and the TROC is smaller than the competition.
nik_kapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 12:57   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I find it hard to believe that they have managed to sell 2500 T-ROCs during this lockdown period. Thats the full years quota. i doubt it seriously that it had that many takers.
Agree but remember, manufacturers need to report sales to dealerships and not end customers. 120 or more days credit and units would have been lapped by the dealerships. Credit is cheap for these companies if I am not mistaken. No one stops VW HQ to invoice VW India on 180 or more days credit. So technically they are not borrowing any money, simply enjoying a better credit from HQ.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 13:00   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I find it hard to believe that they have managed to sell 2500 T-ROCs during this lockdown period.
I think 2,500 is the upper limit for the company, in this case VW. So 2,500 will include T-ROC plus other similar CBU products which they are planning to launch. So ideally they have not sold 2,500 T-ROC's and sold what was T-ROC's share out of the 2,500.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks