Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2020, 22:39   #601
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR0608 View Post
Hello BHPians.. my first post here and excited to be a part of TeamBHP.
I’ve followed this page very closely. ( since, I had a T-Roc booked on the day the booking opened!! )
The T roc was very close to my heart.. because I’ve drove and admired it in European markets.

Having said that I had to cancel the booking recently and got myself a Top end Kia Seltos.My reasons ( and not very different to the frustration cited on this thread ) below :
You have joined a lot of BHPians who have shelved their T-Roc plans in favour of Karoq/Seltos etc.
I am patiently waiting while witnessing how this saga is unfolding as I am in no hurry to own the T-roc despite having booked one.
I agree about the glaring omission of cruise control which should have been a feature without doubt despite its limited and occasional use on highways in India for a decent time span .
Unfortunately the bigger CBU sibling commands a considerable premium making the T-roc an almost VFM consideration by comparison.
Unprofessional VW handling of the T-roc marketing strategy is unfathomable with issues about website details , lack of transparency regarding delays in showroom display, test drives and date of actual ownership. It is indeed very vexing to be kept in suspense for a prolonged period even about the actual car features eg presence/ absence of driver assist systems etc present in the car .
It is very evident that the India specific T-roc is customised and being feature specific it will be a mystery until the owner actually gets to drive one as even the senior showroom personnel have no clue except whatever patchy details are available in the public domain.
Old 5th July 2020, 17:08   #602
BHPian

Test Drive is available at PPSmotors. They are booking slots for test drive. Interestingly, the Whitefield VW/Apple Auto are not ready yet.
I took a look at Indium Grey yestetday. The car looks quite sober as compared to kurkuma yellow.
Old 5th July 2020, 17:30   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Test Drive is available at PPSmotors. They are booking slots for test drive. Interestingly, the Whitefield VW/Apple Auto are not ready yet.
I took a look at Indium Grey yestetday. The car looks quite sober as compared to kurkuma yellow.
What is the general sense like w.r.t bookings being cancelled or still being available with the Bangalore dealers?
Old 5th July 2020, 19:51   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
What is the general sense like w.r.t bookings being cancelled or still being available with the Bangalore dealers?
One dealer did confess of some cancellations, another said, the bookings for the car have been closed at the moment. Please try checking with the dealers directly and find out what they have to say.
Old 5th July 2020, 20:45   #605
BHPian

According to one dealer I had a word with, bookings were on but there was no commitment on the delivery time. Probably VW is still unsure of selling out the entire current lot of T-rocs . He also added that in the event of the entire current lot being sold out as was reported earlier, there could be booking for the next lot assuming future imports/ assembly depending on the demand. I suppose concrete answers would be available once actual deliveries start as by that time all booking cancellations would be done with.
Old 5th July 2020, 23:42   #606
BHPian

Found this series of videos. It should be possible to activate some of the features even if vw disabled them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BgmqFr_E7IgviX
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 00:48   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Found this series of videos. It should be possible to activate some of the features even if vw disabled them.

https://www.Youtube.com/playlist?lis...BgmqFr_E7IgviX
May not be possible unless the menu options are functional. As many functions may require some hardware components it will ultimately narrow down to what VW has actually provided in the India specific car. Activation of certain hidden functions would require some scanning software and coding.
Old 6th July 2020, 23:55   #608
BHPian

Got my car. Out of all negatives I came across, I found something that will take away from it all. No irritating chimes. Not at 80kpm. Probably not at 120 (I'll update) but this is the best thing I could have asked for.

These chimes completely take away from driving the car even at 90 where you'll have to decelerate to 60 and back to 90 once every 30 seconds!

I recently drove my cousin's Seltos from Chandigarh to Delhi and the chimes are the most irritating thing.

This one's drive is very very European. Jittery over bad roads, smooth over good ones. Stiff suspension but very speed-inspiring.

Points to note after my first drive:

1. The SOS button in the roof liner doesn't work, it apparently has to be programmed to the Indian 112 number.
2. No 80 kph chime/whine. Yay! I will never get a India specific software update for the car. Ever!
3. Car is super silent and has a convenient but unobtrusive auto start stop at Red lights function.
4. The lane keep assist is very sublte in nudging you back into lane (lane markers have to be pretty visible, the poop quality faded ones won't register)
5. The voice assistant doesn't work, it apparently has to be activated by the dealer (who doesn't have a clue)
6. It comes with the VW mobility kit so you get a tube of tire sealant and a 12v socket super cute tire inflator.
7. It comes with no mats! Not carpet not rubber not at all. It is absolutely unacceptable. Cherry on cake, if I want to buy a set, they aren't available at dealerships yet. Naked foot well driving FTW.
8. Air con is very European, Auto won't keep you cool in this humidity unless you're below 19 degrees Celsius. Very effective nevertheless (un-european)
9. Heated seats! At least I'll get to use them in January every year.
10. Wayyyy too easy to rev it's tiny 4 cyl. But upshifts very eagerly just like any other DSG box if driving sane.
11. Puddle lamps are very bright and the license plate is bathed in white light too.
12. Since it's very European, it is meant to cross countries and you may have to drive in a country where you need to drive on the wrong side of the road. Everytime you switch on the car it tells you the headlamps have been adjusted for what kind of traffic and yes, you can change the setting. I found this setting on modern European cars in the UK. Nice to see a quirk meant for Britain get to us unfiltered.
13. DVD player in the glovebox. I don't have a DVD. Who has a DVD?
14. They're giving away a few freebies to people who have pre booked the car, including cushions and a usb c charger and a tablet stand for the headrest for rear seat entertainment.
11. Feel good factor of the first car in the Tri State area. I drove from the dealership and people gave me looks like I was driving a Lamborghini.

I'll update more as I go along in the next few days. For now tired as hell, have a hectic day tomorrow but grinning thinking I'll be driving it in the morning again (lockdown woes). And to think, my wife is the one the car is for, well at least in theory.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th July 2020 at 23:56. Reason: Grammar
Harneet.S is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 00:09   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post

Got my car. Out of all negatives I came across, I found something that will take away from it all. No irritating chimes. .
Congratulations Harneet!! Probably first T-Roc in the forum. Do post some pictures & ownership review.
Old 7th July 2020, 00:09   #610
BHPian

Quote:

Got my car...but grinning thinking I'll be driving it in the morning again.
Congratulations on your new car! Hope you enjoy it for a decade like your Polo

P.s. hope your wife loves the car as much as you do!

Last edited by AamodB : 7th July 2020 at 00:23. Reason: Spacing
Old 7th July 2020, 00:14   #611
BHPian

Quote:

Got my car. Out of all negatives I came across, I found something that will take away from it all. No irritating chimes. Not at 80kpm. Probably not at 120 (I'll update) but this is the best thing I could have asked for.

These chimes completely take away from driving the car even at 90 where you'll have to decelerate to 60 and back to 90 once every 30 seconds!

I recently drove my cousin's Seltos from Chandigarh to Delhi and the chimes are the most irritating thing.

This one's drive is very very European. Jittery over bad roads, smooth over good ones. Stiff suspension but very speed-inspiring.

Congratulations on being probably the first to drive your own T-roc !
Pleased to note the positive highlights. Could you comment on the interior experience as well as any driver assist systems eg front assist / manoeuvre breaking etc which have been commented on earlier.
I' m pretty sure that lots of glances will be coming your way ! Waiting for more inputs and finer details.

Last edited by moncar : 7th July 2020 at 00:19. Reason: Word misspelling
Old 7th July 2020, 00:35   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Congratulations Harneet!! Probably first T-Roc in the forum. Do post some pictures & ownership review.
Thanks! As soon as it's sunny outside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Hope you enjoy it for a decade like your Polo �� P.s. hope your wife loves the car as much as you do!
I do keep my cars for at least the better part of a decade. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
Congratulations on being probably the first to drive your own T-roc !
Pleased to note the positive highlights. Could you comment on the interior experience as well as any driver assist systems eg front assist / manoeuvre breaking etc which have been commented on earlier.
Thanks! I test drove it for 1km before I gave the cheque

The interior is very well put together. Things you touch while driving are perfect.

The front assist is just auto emergency braking which actually may be counter productive on Indian highways with people and cattle and dogs moving into and out of your lane (if you call it that) and people being fender bending you. This, when and if the system is 100% sure of what it's doing which is rare even for a European highway. But nice to have. Maybe it works for me someday.
Maneuver braking is just braking coupled with parking sensors. Supposedly you don't hear your parking sensors over loud music or your kids crying, the car brakes itself when it thinks you'll crash into an object at <10kph speed, forward for reverse.

I would have loved adaptive cruise control or level 2 auto drive, or cooled seats or even electric ones but the car gets the basics right. Yes you will have people tell you it's no longer than a polo and won't offer VFM @20L but please look at one in person and fall in love for yourself.

Last edited by Harneet.S : 7th July 2020 at 00:36. Reason: Grammar
Harneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 01:09   #613

Quote:

Congratulations Harneet. Enjoy your ride.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2020 at 23:09. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 7th July 2020, 10:07   #614
BHPian

Quote:

Got my car.
Congratulations. It's the black one right ?

Quote:
Out of all negatives I came across, I found something that will take away from it all. No irritating chimes. Not at 80kpm. Probably not at 120 (I'll update) but this is the best thing I could have asked for.

Indeed the chimes are very irritating. Its good to know the car is not programmed with it. I had asked this question to the SA and he was of the opinion that it would be programmed !
Quote:
3. Car is super silent and has a convenient but unobtrusive auto start stop at Red lights function.
4. The lane keep assist is very sublte in nudging you back into lane (lane markers have to be pretty visible, the poop quality faded ones won't register)
Its good to have. But CC is a big miss !

Can you check the following, when time permits ?
1. Does it have automatic high-low beam change feature ?
2. Is built in NAV really missing ?
3. Is Dashcam record feature enabled ?
Old 7th July 2020, 11:34   #615
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen T-Roc Review is available on Autocar India July 2020 issue which is free to download:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-417866

AutocarIndiaJuly2020.pdf

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th July 2020 at 00:52. Reason: removed copyright content.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks