Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 10:06   #706
BHPian

In Maharashtra the RTO tax is to the tune of almost 20% of the ex- showroom price for the imported car . Add insurance etc and the cost goes up to nearly 25 lacs on road. RTO taxes should be uniform pan-India.
Old 16th July 2020, 10:57   #707
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Harneet, Are you using the engine start-stop feature on this car all the time? How did you find it work during your 50km long city drive ? May be it is better to go through this thread and other videos.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...n-rubbish.html (Engine start/stop system - Good, bad or plain rubbish?)

During TD, although I had turned off the system, it still decided to switch the engine off. It happened once though. May just be a bug that needs fixing.
Old 16th July 2020, 12:57   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post

During TD, although I had turned off the system, it still decided to switch the engine off. It happened once though. May just be a bug that needs fixing.
I didn't know this could be turned on or off! At least, there seems to be no such option on the Karoq.
Old 16th July 2020, 13:23   #709
BHPian

Thanks, Harneet, for being super helpful and for sending the quotation. I greatly appreciate it.

I went and checked out the T-Roc in person yesterday and, surprisingly, was underwhelmed. I think I might have built it up too much in my head! I realised that I prefer the pure form factors of the hatch and the SUV and am not a big fan of compact SUVs. For some reason I expected the T-Roc to be bigger from the brochure and pictures that I had seen. The Ravenna Blue was my first choice colour but I was surprised that I preferred the Kurkuma Yellow in person as the chrome highlights don't looks as jarring against the yellow. I also wasn't a fan of the black cladding on the sides.

I didn't test drive the car as I am wary of surfaces (COVID!) but seeing it in person clarified a lot and I am glad I did so. As my trusted 2011 Polo 1.6 is still good for a few years I think I will wait for the refreshed 5-seat Tiguan to make a comeback and get that instead if it is well priced. Eventually I would like to replace my Polo with the VW ID.3 (dream scenario) or at least the next generation Polo, which I hope will eventually make it to India.
Old 16th July 2020, 13:23   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
I didn't know this could be turned on or off! At least, there seems to be no such option on the Karoq.
The first button on the left (under the dial) that says A-Off disables the auto start-stop.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-skodakaroqindia3zoneclimatecontrolpicturesphotosimagessnapsgallery.jpg  

AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:27   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Harneet, the quoted road tax is more than 108000. How did you endup paying only 85k?
They had miscalculated the tax and it was estimated. They had said the car is so new and hasn't been sold through their network yet so whatever the road tax is, it will be calculated online. It turned out to be 88k, and when I went through the payment page, I asked if I could pay for it myself and they agreed. Turns out, the payment gateway was HDFC and they (I dont know how) discounted it to 85k when I put in the details of my Business HDFC card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
In Maharashtra the RTO tax is to the tune of almost 20% of the ex- showroom price for the imported car . Add insurance etc and the cost goes up to nearly 25 lacs on road. RTO taxes should be uniform pan-India.
It should be, but not more than what I paid

Quote:
Harneet, Are you using the engine start-stop feature on this car all the time? How did you find it work during your 50km long city drive ? May be it is better to go through this thread and other videos.

Never happened with me. Off means off no matter how long I drive. Works perfectly fine. On red lights longer then 70 seconds the engine usually starts back up. I use it all the time. It switches on by default everytime you start the car. You can ask VW to code it to not switch on every time after delivery.

Quote:
There's a button right next to the hazard light button on the center Console in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Thanks, Harneet, for being super helpful and for sending the quotation. I greatly appreciate it.

I went and checked out the T-Roc in person yesterday and, surprisingly, was underwhelmed. I think I might have built it up too much in my head! I realised that I prefer the pure form factors of the hatch and the SUV and am not a big fan of compact SUVs. For some reason I expected the T-Roc to be bigger from the brochure and pictures that I had seen. The Ravenna Blue was my first choice colour but I was surprised that I preferred the Kurkuma Yellow in person as the chrome highlights don't looks as jarring against the yellow. I also wasn't a fan of the black cladding on the sides.

I didn't test drive the car as I am wary of surfaces (COVID!) but seeing it in person clarified a lot and I am glad I did so. As my trusted 2011 Polo 1.6 is still good for a few years I think I will wait for the refreshed 5-seat Tiguan to make a comeback and get that instead if it is well priced. Eventually I would like to replace my Polo with the VW ID.3 (dream scenario) or at least the next generation Polo, which I hope will eventually make it to India.
It definitely is not a large car, but I was in love with the looks. To me, this is exactly a jacked up larger hatch than the polo and feels as much. The inside *feels* much more roomier, though. I also exchanged my 2011 Polo 1.6 for this.

A family member was looking at the same car and gave me the same reasons as you for not buying it last week. I recommended a Superb sportline to him and he's in love with it, he's getting one next week or so.

I should really start charging commission from the VAG group.

Last edited by ajmat : 16th July 2020 at 22:48.
Harneet.S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:54   #712
BHPian

Quote:
The buttons are circled in the pictures below from T-Roc and Karoq.
Please note that the feature turns itself on everytime you manually start the car.

User manual has detailed explanation of the feature. Its worth going through.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-karoqautoengineoff.jpg
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-dsc_0247.jpg

T-Roc manual can be downloaded from here [English UK]:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mty...8jjs4KJju/view

And is available here:
https://userguide.volkswagen.de
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:10   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
It definitely is not a large car, but I was in love with the looks. To me, this is exactly a jacked up larger hatch than the polo and feels as much. The inside *feels* much more roomier, though. I also exchanged my 2011 Polo 1.6 for this.
Agree, we found the insides of T-Roc roomier than Jeep Compass, hence ditched Jeep.
Old 16th July 2020, 20:16   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKARR View Post
Agree, we found the insides of T-Roc roomier than Jeep Compass, hence ditched Jeep.
My wife is a non-car person but because I act like a kid around cars I like, she has caught on; she remembers how I said one time, that the Tata Nano was a very roomy car but looked extremely compact. She brought that up the day we picked up our T-Roc

Side note:
In Chandigarh, Lally motors(the sole dealer) is *launching* the T-Roc and Tiguan All-space and now has a TD vehicles for both as well. So TD's will begin tomorrow - for people in/around Chandigarh who are interested.
Harneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 22:21   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Disagree with you there the Karoq has more space "Have taken TD of both" and Compass has similar space to the Karoq.
Old 17th July 2020, 01:25   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Jeep Compass is much more roomier both in front and especially at the rear. My knees hit the front seat back in the Troc but there is ample space at the back in the Compass. The headroom and shoulder room is also much better in the Compass. I have taken test drives of both the cars multiple times.

Last edited by Traveler : 17th July 2020 at 01:26.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 17:48   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Disagree with you there the Karoq has more space "Have taken TD of both" and Compass has similar space to the Karoq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The Jeep Compass is much more roomier both in front and especially at the rear. My knees hit the front seat back in the Troc but there is ample space at the back in the Compass. The headroom and shoulder room is also much better in the Compass. I have taken test drives of both the cars multiple times.
I was of the same opinion, but somehow my wife and I had a different feeling during our test drives. I tried to get internal dimensions of Jeep, but couldn't find any reference to compare with T Roc internal dimensions.

Headroom is higher in compass, not sure on leg space though. Width wise, we felt t-roc had more space. Jeep looks big from outside, but you tend to get surprised with the space when you get inside, whether or not it is bigger to T-roc. So, at the end of the day, it could also be an illusion, where we see a big car from the outside, and when you go inside, the surprise element amplifies the emotional effect.
Old 19th July 2020, 12:46   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Did you book T-Roc already ? Who is the dealer ?
Old 19th July 2020, 13:54   #719
BHPian

Those considering t-roc, how important is the possibility of VM discontinuing the car very soon?. ( In the decision making) . They seem to discontinue in a very short time. For example Ameo, Jetta, Passat and Tiguan. (Although Tiguan will come in a 7 seater).
I think Skoda is better on this front. They also do a decent volume in all categories, unlike VW where only polo is doing well.
Old 19th July 2020, 15:16   #720

Quote:
Did you book T-Roc already ? Who is the dealer ?
PPS VW Bangalore. We were dealing with PPS Jeep for booking Jeep earlier too, so they redirected us to PPS VW.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks