Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 16:57   #316
BHPian

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
I got my ZDI AMT for 10.6! 10.5 would be on the higher side.
That's is also because 1.3 ltr diesel gets subsidy from sarkaar, the 1.5 doesn't. Plus AMT is a cheaper tech Vs the TC. So I'm personally not expecting a marginal drop. 50k lesser than the diesel equivalent variants is my guess.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:18   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza variants on offer:

- Bookings to start soon against a refundable deposit of Rs 11,000.

Quote:
2020 Brezza with a BS6 compliant petrol motor in 4 trims and 2 transmission options. Hence, customers will get to choose between a 5-speed manual and an automatic transmission. On the trim options, Maruti will be bringing in the Brezza with 4 trims, namely LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+. The AT option will however not get the entry-level LXi trim.
Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-newmarutibrezzavariantscoloursbookingswaiting4.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-newmarutibrezzavariantscoloursbookingswaiting2458x420.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th February 2020 at 09:23.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:37   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
That's is also because 1.3 ltr diesel gets subsidy from sarkaar, the 1.5 doesn't. Plus AMT is a cheaper tech Vs the TC. So I'm personally not expecting a marginal drop. 50k lesser than the diesel equivalent variants is my guess.
Just to get the details right - there is/was no subsidy on the 1.3 DDiS. That engine just falls in the lower tax slab as per the sub4m specifications. Post GST roll out, the excise duty for automotive is gone & the tax is clearly visible to the consumer as its passed on as-is pretty much. So the ex-showroom price should be able to show a tax-less difference in the two engines I think.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:58   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Just to get the details right - there is/was no subsidy on the 1.3 DDiS. That engine just falls in the lower tax slab as per the sub4m specifications. Post GST roll out, the excise duty for automotive is gone & the tax is clearly visible to the consumer as its passed on as-is pretty much. So the ex-showroom price should be able to show a tax-less difference in the two engines I think.
If that is the case then we can expect Maruti to go aggressive on the pricing. They know their engine+gear box isn't really that great and they haven't done any changes to the car except those lights. So for the 2 major changes of engine and lights, they should price is as a VFM product. Few more days and we'll know.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 14:57   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

As the face-lift of Vitara Brezza and Ignis launch nears here is some interesting info:

Quote:
- Expect a price hike of Rs 10,000 with the Ignis facelift

-Maruti Suzuki has used the 103hp/138Nm, 1.5-litre petrol engine with a mild hybrid (in the AT variant?) . What this will give you will be astonishing mileage

-The Brezza petrol prices will be slightly lower than the diesel's

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th February 2020 at 14:58.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:10   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As the face-lift of Vitara Brezza and Ignis launch nears here is some interesting info:

Link
Nothing new in this article that we already don't know about ? What is the astonishing mileage they are talking about? We already know the ARAI details and there is nothing astonishing about it.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 12th February 2020 at 15:11.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 20:56   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara Brezza variants on offer:

-
Maruti is surely facing the heat by not have a BS6 diesel, it looks like a desperate attempt from them by giving more variant distribution which gives options to customers.
Old 12th February 2020, 21:17   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this on WhatsApp about a week back. Apologies for the late post.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-brz.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 21:42   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Maruti is surely facing the heat by not have a BS6 diesel, it looks like a desperate attempt from them by giving more variant distribution which gives options to customers.
LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+. Looks to be the same variant distribution as earlier.

And nothing drastically different in terms of features too - not even a sunroof which has become a norm in the segment now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:25   #325
BHPian

Usual nomenclature of variants used by Maruti for it's Maruti Suzuki Arena cars. Msil India follows a 4-5 year mid-cycle facelift formula for its cars which usually are segment-best sellers in terms of volumes. I am sure Msil India will price Brezza variants exactly the same as the outgoing diesel variants, expect some kind of introductory pricing as well. Brezza was selling around 13-11k units monthly with diesel only variants. Only time will tell how the car buyers respond to this move by maruti, but for me I see a 40-50% decline in sales of Brezza straight forward thus resulting in Tata Nexon, Ford Ecosport and Hyundai Venue as potential Options for diesel buyers.

A clearer picture will emerge by July for all Maruti cars like Dzire, Baleno, Ertiga and Swift which are sell in high volumes in respective segments and have 30-40% sales in diesel variant. A 40-50k unit loss per month needs to be covered by Maruti let's see how they manage. One strategy is clear as per auto expo CNG variants of all cars will be available by Diwali 2020 and we still have hope for 1.5 Ddis Maruti own diesel engine with Bs6 compliance (it's a gem) later by 2020 or if they feel customer demand is ripe for diesel which I wonder maruti seems to learn it the hard way.Competition in Csuv segment will be getting stiffer from here now with Kia Sonet and Nissan Csuv it will not easy for maruti to maintain no.1 position by Petrol only strategy interesting times ahead for Msil india.

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 12th February 2020 at 22:29.
XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:27   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And nothing drastically different in terms of features too - not even a sunroof which has become a norm in the segment now.
Any idea if Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Traction Control System (TCS) are provided? Suzuki generally add these in their 4 speed automatic variants at least, but I do not see them mentioned anywhere. ESP will be a big miss if they have not added it since it is an important safety feature and all the competitors provide them. Nexon facelift even has it as standard.
They could have added the steering from Ertiga too.
srikanthmadhava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:44   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it looks like a desperate attempt from them by giving more variant distribution which gives options to customers.
This is the same as current Brezza. Infact there will be 2 more variants. ZXi DT & ZXi+ DT(Dual-Tone). The auto-expo display vehicle itself was dual tone.

I feel this will do repectable numbers for two reasons.

1. Of-course its a Maruti. Even while it had only Diesel manual, it did 5 digit numbers.
2. Decent mileage for a smooth AT C-SUV? Ecosport AT is a guzzler and others have the jerky AMT. Maruti might be able to pull in some customers with the 4 speed TC box. Being a Maruti folks will expect this to return decent mileage. And not to forget this one is actually a rare safe maruti(4 star NCAP with stable bodyshell)

And am sure as soon as he 1.5 DDiS is BS-VI ready maruti will plonk it into Brezza right away.

Last edited by SoumenD : 12th February 2020 at 22:53.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:48   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
and we still have hope for 1.5 Ddis Maruti own diesel engine with Bs6 compliance (it's a gem) later by 2020 or if they feel customer demand is ripe for diesel which I wonder maruti seems to learn it the hard way.
Maruti has no option but to bring in their diesel ASAP. Specially after Ecosport's superb pricing, they have nowhere to hide. CNG can possibly replace diesels to some extent in cab segment, but for someone who loves torque of diesels, they will never settle with Petrol/CNG option. Secondly, Maruti is for mileage seeking junta and the Brezza MT has claimed efficiency of just over 17kmpl. It will never sell in the same numbers with a petrol engine only.

Ecosport IMHO is still the best competitor to Brezza, and I don't think MSIL will wait and see its market share eroding. If their diesel isn't ready, be sure that they will literally beg/borrow/steal some other diesel but won't leave their portfolio empty.

Also from what I know, once BS6 fuel is available pan India, their diesel engine rollout will begin.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 08:02   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+. Looks to be the same variant distribution as earlier.

I meant on providing auto on 3 variants, if my memory serves me right, that’s not the case now.

And yes, Maruti could have added some more features on offer considering Petrol only, atleast on the auto front a 6 speed TC would have been an USP.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:06   #330
BHPian

Quote:
I meant on providing auto on 3 variants, if my memory serves me right, that’s not the case now.

And yes, Maruti could have added some more features on offer considering Petrol only, atleast on the auto front a 6 speed TC would have been an USP.

The 1.3DDIS Vitara Brezza AGS, is available in three variants, VDI, ZDI, ZDI+. So the variant distribution is same as before, as far as automatic variants are concerned.
smileline is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks