Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2020, 22:56   #496
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

TECT is not a platform. Total Effective Control Technology is just Suzuki speak for crumple zones, much like Honda's ACE body structure.

Suzuki defines this in a more complicated way as -

Quote:
The Total Effective Control Technology (TECT) body structure, which is designed for occupant protection and low weight, incorporates crushable zones for impact absorption, a frame that disperses impact energy, and a super-strong cabin. Extensive use of high-tensile and ultra-high-tensile steel helps to make the body light and outstandingly crashworthy.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st March 2020 at 19:52. Reason: Typo
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 22:57   #497
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2020 at 08:00.
sunsetorange is online now   Received Infraction
Old 27th February 2020, 02:09   #498
BHPian

Got this via WhatsApp. Press Release_Maruti Suzuki launches the all new powerful and stylish Vitara Brezza.pdf
Old 27th February 2020, 06:09   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
From what I recollect having read, the TECT platform is shared by Ignis, Baleno & Brezza. This is the platform that got Brezza it's 4 stars. Dzire, Swift, etc all got the Heart attack platform that gave it 2 stars.
You're incorrect in clubbing Brezza with the other two. All the new cars from Maruti stable are based on HEARTECT platform. The platform underpins seven cars - WagonR, Swift, Dzire, Ignis, Baleno, Ertiga and XL6. Source

AFAIK, Brezza and S Cross are based on a different platform, which is why they're not light as feathers like the others, compromise a bit on FE, unlike the others. These two also happen to be the only somewhat safe cars from Maruti stable.

The Baleno and Ignis sold in India are likely 3 star safety rated cars, if we're being hopeful. And the others you mentioned are not 3 star but 2 (!) star safety rated. The "4 star" rating of Baleno was for the European model with extra safety pack added, which we do not get in India. Link

And here's a Team bhp thread about New Swift's 2 star safety rating. - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...al-ncap-6.html (New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP)

Maruti cars are categorically unsafe, it should be discussed more often in the general automative market than it is. Given how unsafe Indian roads already are, the least we can do for ourselves and our families is buy safe vehicles.

Last edited by vb-san : 27th February 2020 at 08:04. Reason: Quoted post edited
RoadMonkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 08:22   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Today I learnt a very interesting fact about Indian market sales. While the market diesel cars demand has dropped from around 50-60%@peak to about 30% today, Suzuki diesel sales was 20% of total last year and had dropped to 10-15% or so by December this year. So, they have to make up Diesel sales to the tune of 10-15% only. And no matter what the Market experts ( both arm chair and technical kind) says, the Japs do not see the future in terms of Diesel as do the Europeans and Americans. So, they are planning to go all out with Gasolines/CNGs/ Mild and Strong Hybrids and finally EV when the market is mature enough.
Yes, charging for EVs can be made more expensive but that can happen only after EVs have become cheap enough to be mass products. And by that time, solar power may be cheap enough that you can cheaply put up your own panels and charge.

If Suzuki diesel volumes are only 10%, that would mean the numbers are mostly from vehicles like Brezza. Brezza was diesel only, after all. In that case, the success of petrol Brezza is critical, but Suzuki's high pricing does not indicate that.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 17:04. Reason: shortening quoted post
Old 27th February 2020, 08:22   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
You're incorrect in clubbing Brezza with the other two...
All the Nexa cars and Brezza have Suzuki TECT.
Here is a screenshot of Ignis from Maruti's website -

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-screenshot_20200227081544.jpg
Old 27th February 2020, 08:26   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
All the Nexa cars and Brezza have Suzuki TECT.
Here is a screenshot of Ignis from Maruti's website -

Attachment 1974276
Yes I apologise, after reading I found out that TECT body and HEARTECT platform are two different things. For more detail - here's the post from the thread I linked above - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4523225 (New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP)

Everything else I said still stands true.
RoadMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 20:18   #503
BHPian

Like most others, I too find it a tad overpriced, but looking at the dynamics in this segment, its a literal hit and miss in every vehicle. So hear me out :

Brezza ZXi AT is 13.18L OTR Bangalore while the Vxi AT is 11.83L. For the premium, you get Alloys, rear wash wipe, smart play studio, cruise control and Brake assist, which definitely fills in this gap. (Worth it if you can stretch)
Vxi is value for money yes, but these useful creature comforts of the ZXi is worth. The ZXI+ is simply useless in that regard.

Coming to the part, the Ecosport TC Titanium+ AT is around 14.25L. For 1L more, you get 6 Airbags and a 6 Speed superior TC AT with paddle shifters that work like a charm.
However, the downer as Ford loves to rejig it's variants, is the loss of Apple carplay and Android auto. Flyaudio at this price is simply ridiculous. The loss of the VFM Trend+ auto also makes it lose its value.

I agree to the fact that the Brezza at this price would be better had it come with a 6 Speed AT gearbox. Yes, the quality of plastics are a downer in comparison to the Ecosport and yes, the build quality too. Also, the only 4 cylinder engine of the lot!

That said, paying 12.2L for a Nexon Petrol AMT (XZA+) isn't exactly justified either. AMTs definitely lack the refinement of a TC and that combination with a turbo engine is quite lacklustre at crawling speeds. But build wise, this guy nails it hands down! (Space wise as well)

The XUV 300 has no automatic at this price in Bangalore. It touches 15L + for the W8 here. The W6 seems basic for the price.
There Venue at 14.5L SX PLUS DCT AT does not come with a rear wash wipe and doesn't have a rear armrest! I did not like the space packaging for this price either. The car on the other hand is nice to drive.

Towards the end if my rant, I'd say that all these vehicles have some hits and misses, to look at an all rounded package is hard.
I'd love the Ecosport the best, but price wise, I may think Brezza fits the bill better. I wish it was around 30-40k cheaper or that it offers a 6AT at the current price.

Thank you for hearing me out.
advenk999 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 22:20   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

From the media drive:

New Vitara Brezza:

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-11.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-12.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-erxxkjdw4aehf7h.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-erydlgpwkaa0r86.jpg

Brezza Diesel Vs Petrol

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-13.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-14.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-15.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-16.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th February 2020 at 22:22.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:01   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

From the Media drive, and extrapolation:

Quote:
regardless of the timings that have been obtained, it's for sure that the brisk performance of the refreshed sub-4-metre SUV doesn't leave much more to be desired.
New Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol 0-60 and 0-100 kmph Acceleration Test:

Quote:
could obtain to accelerate from 0-60 kmph is 4.68 seconds, while the least time obtained for the 0-100 kmph run is 11.34 seconds

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:01   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Walkaround of the LXi trim, shows the Ice Cube arrangement for turn indicators

Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:39   #507
BHPian

Base variant-
"Has all the features saar - Projector headlamps, Electrically adjustable ORVMs, All four power windows..."
" Where are rear head rests? "
" Who uses them saar, all use fellow passengers' shoulders "
" Its a safety feature saves you from..."
" Saar this has new petrol engine that is so fast that no one would be driving faster so no possibility of being hit from behind. "
" When we are stand still wha...? "
" Saar, our products are compliant to all minumum safety regulations set by government. We have ready customers for this so inform me about your decision at earliest or ..."

Such basic safety feature omission in car with price tag of more than 8 lacs OTR is frustrating. Even more frustrating is the fact that it is coming from company leading the market with ~ 50% share.

Please don't consider this car for "buy base variant and upgrade it to top variant" conversions.

PS- Maybe next facelift's base variant will have panoramic sunroof but no rear passenger seat belts.
JJay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 14:54   #508
BHPian

I got this from a dealer. Look at the way they are advertising the Brezza. According to them, this is a super machine and everything is advanced LOL!

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-screenshot_20200228144547.png
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 16:02   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
From the media drive:
Looks rather dated to me; except for the grill and changed head lamp I don't see any change, the only update is probably the diesel delete and petrol add on+TC auto box. Plus the media drive car with that quirky colour scheme looks like a taxi cab!!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 28th February 2020 at 16:04.
Old 28th February 2020, 16:23   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Base variant-
"Has all the features saar - Projector headlamps, Electrically adjustable ORVMs, All four power windows..."
" Where are rear head rests? "
" Who uses them saar, all use fellow passengers' shoulders "
" Its a safety feature saves you from..."
" Saar this has new petrol engine that is so fast that no one would be driving faster so no possibility...
Totally agree, Lack of rear headrests, is a glaring omission in LXI. Ideally speaking the rear seat should get three headrests, as provided in XUV 300 and some variants of Seltos. Like many other standard features across variants, rear headrests should have been provided in the LXI variant.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 17:03. Reason: shortening quoted post
smileline is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed