Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 14:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

CNB says Brezza will only be launched with 1.2L motor rather than 1.5L.

The much discussed petrol version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will launch in Q4 of 2019-20. It will be powered by a 1.2 litre petrol motor and will offer manual and AMT variants, and will be Bharat Stage 6 or BS6 compliant. It will also usher in the facelift for the car.

The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol will use the same K12M engine that powers the new Wagon R, Ignis, etc. The 1.2 litre K series old faithful churns out 82 bhp power and 113 Nm of peak torque. But this engine is being reworked to meet BS6 emission standards, and so there could be some slight tweaking of those numbers as a result. Expect the 5-Speed manual and 5-Speed AMT (or AGS in Maruti-speak) to continue doing duty on the petrol Vitara Brezza as well.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/expetrol-...l-year-2034657

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 8th May 2019 at 14:23.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 15:53   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
CNB says Brezza will only be launched with 1.2L motor rather than 1.5L.
.. Bharat Stage 6 or BS6 compliant.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol will use the same K12M engine that powers the new Wagon R, Ignis, etc.
I doubt that it'll come with the K12M engine that powers the Ignis, Wagon R or the Baleno. If at all Brezza is launched with a 1.2L petrol engine, it'll be the dualjet variant as it has about 7 bhp (89bhp against 82bhp) more than the regular one, plus dualjet is BS6. If it was to be launched with a 1.2L engine, we would have already seen petrol Brezza in market. I feel it'll be launched with the new 1.5L engine.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 07:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I am pretty sure Maruti wont put the 1.0 or 1.2 in the Vitara Brezza. Its an SUV and is heavier than the other models that these engines are used on.

1.5 petrol will give it the required low-end grunt to make the vehicle move and not feel totally dead during initial pickup.
It doesn't really matter on the weight alone. It matters on the tune of the small engines. If you have driven the booster-jet, you can understand that it can take Brezza/S-Cross easily. Not to forget, the 1.0 is used in S-Cross in most of the markets except India.
Old 17th May 2019, 14:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

A new report of Car n Bike says that Brezza will be launched with the K12M engine in Q4 of current financial year.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/expetrol-...mpression=true

I still have doubts on this and quoting my earlier post for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I doubt that it'll come with the K12M engine that powers the Ignis, Wagon R or the Baleno. If at all Brezza is launched with a 1.2L petrol engine, it'll be the dualjet variant as it has about 7 bhp (89bhp against 82bhp) more than the regular one, plus dualjet is BS6. If it was to be launched with a 1.2L engine, we would have already seen petrol Brezza in market. I feel it'll be launched with the new 1.5L engine.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:30   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza Petrol variant to be launched by this financial year(FY20)

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-2.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-3.jpg

Source:NDTV

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th August 2019 at 15:33.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 17:20   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Petrol Variant of Brezza coming in Feb 2020.

Will come with a 5-speed manual gearbox at first, with Maruti Suzuki introducing a 4-speed automatic transmission (the same torque converter unit from the Ciaz 1.5 petrol) at a later stage

Likely to come with a 1.5-litre engine and will likely be showcased at Auto Expo 2020.

Quote:
This motor develops 105hp and 138Nm of torque and also comes with Maruti Suzuki's Smart Hybrid system – which comprises an integrated starter generator and dual-battery setup – that will add to fuel savings. Interestingly, the use of the 1.5-litre petrol engine would mean the Brezza won't qualify for the excise duty sops extended to cars under 4m in length and with engine capacities under 1,200cc.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th August 2019 at 17:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 17:53   #52
BHPian

Wow. While the competition has started offering dual clutch transmissions, Maruti is still stuck with a relic of a gearbox.

If they are anyway not going to qualify for the lower taxes, why don't they offer something new. Oh wait! They offer the same relic across their range because they dont have any other autobox apart from the jerky AMTs

God! I wish this company goes the way of the dinosaurs. And why waste space at the auto expo to showcase this thing

Last edited by racer_ash : 13th August 2019 at 17:56.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 19:27   #53
BHPian

No offence meant to the post above . Have you driven Maruti's torque converter attached to this engine say on a Ciaz? Not as bad as your portrayed imho. Also, Baleno does offer a CVT variant . Some old school folks like me might prefer a torque converter or CVT over a DCT from a peace of mind / long term ownership perspective.
sajanjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 19:53   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Feb 2020. <SNIP> 5-speed manual gearbox <SNIP> 4-speed automatic transmission
Its time those product planners were sent home. I think the era of "People will buy whatever we offer" is coming to an end. Come on, its 2020 and throwing tech from the stone age at customers is daylight robbery. I think Kia and Hyundai together will seal the fate for Maruti in the coming years if MS doesnt come out of this shell and offer better powertrain and equipment. If expecting DCT is too much, I dont understand why they should not offer a fifth and sixth cog on that torque converter. Hyundai has been doing that from quite a few years. Offering a sixth gear on the Ertiga and Ciaz was itself a big deal(but with the diesel only) it seems. Was expecting better from Mr. RC B instead of controversial comments like discontinuing diesel engines.

Last edited by audioholic : 13th August 2019 at 20:00.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 19:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
No offence meant to the post above . Have you driven Maruti's torque converter attached to this engine say on a Ciaz? Not as bad as your portrayed imho. Also, Baleno does offer a CVT variant . Some old school folks like me might prefer a torque converter or CVT over a DCT from a peace of mind / long term ownership perspective.
I dont need to drive it. Our dear mods have and this is what they had to say. (In the official review)

This old & outdated 4-speed torque converter is certainly no match for the 6-speeder found in the Verna or the smooth CVT of the City, let alone the DSG of the Vento. That said, it's good enough to get the car from point A to point B with minimum fuss & effort. The only talking point of this AT is the convenience it provides, and not much else. If you buy a Ciaz AT, enjoy the ease of driving the slushbox offers and keep any performance-cravings aside. Just like we said for the engine, the AT gearbox is 'adequate'.
Old 13th August 2019, 20:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I think the era of "People will buy whatever we offer" is coming to an end....
I think Kia and Hyundai together will seal the fate for Maruti in the coming years if MS doesnt come out of this shell and offer better powertrain and equipment.
Well, hate to be the devil's advocate but I think MSIL will continue the policy of "If you build they will come". Maruti is ingrained in India, they will sell. They are synonymous with "zero hassle and everywhere service". Why do they need to make a "better" product when the existing ones are selling pretty darned well.

Kia and Hyundai will take a good chunk of time to gain on MSIL.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 20:50   #57
BHPian

I doubt if Maruti would give the 1.5L petrol engine in the Brezza as that would take off the tax benefit the under 4m car is getting. If my understanding is right, only petrol engines less than 1.2L would get make the under 4m car eligible for tax benefit.
Old 13th August 2019, 21:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

The rumor mills were busy trying to make us believe that the 1.0 Boosterjet engine was going to power the Vitara Brezza, MSIL has done the unbelievable.

To all the other members, MSIL doesn't care for the 2% of us who are enthusiasts. Love them or hate them, they are still the No 1 and aren't going to be beaten anytime soon, especially with Toyota's support. They aren't selling the S-Cross 1.6 and didn't bother to tweak the Baleno 1.0 RSes suspension.
Old 13th August 2019, 22:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

"New wine in old bottle"?? Hope Maruti gives a nip and tuck and a good refresh to the Brezza with the new petrol engine and also offers the automatic at launch itself instead of teasing it's customers. Brezza looks rather long in the tooth compared to the competition. Maruti was caught napping by the Hyundai Venue!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 13th August 2019 at 22:54.
Old 13th August 2019, 23:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

If some one is king in milking the Customers, it is MSIL. Swift was launched back in 2005 and it came with a 1.3L engine and a 5 speed GB. Fast forward 15 years, it is sold with 1.2L engine and a 5 Speed GB. Engine Power decreased from 87 BHP to 83 BHP, while torque increased from 113 to 115 NM. What a progress.

I can completely believe that Brezza will be launched with the 1.2L engine as that will get them the tax benefit. They don't care about the product anymore as long as it drives from point A to B. Service is where they excel, and by providing excellent services they will lure customers to keep buying these OVERPRICED UNDERPOWERED tin cans.
oxyzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks