Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 16:47   #91
BHPian

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

That looks like another superhit formula in the making, I guess the price range would be good to pull the crowds and the 1.5 petrol engine is a good one. Addition of SHVS to it shall be icing on the cake.

The aesthetics of Brezza is very happily accepted by the nation and in its petrol avatar, the success story shall continue. I hope to see Cruise control as well in certain variants along with the AT box.
Old 13th November 2019, 16:56   #92
A M
BHPian

A 1.5L engine also means no sub-4m benefit for petrol Brezza. Would be interesting to see how Maruti prices it.
Old 13th November 2019, 17:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

The Vitara Brezza is a handsome looking car, I prefer it more than the Venue and Ecosport. All she needs is better plastics and a fresh dashboard inside.

It will be interesting how the Petrol performs on this car, because if I am not mistaken the car is heavier than the Ertiga.
Old 13th November 2019, 17:34   #94
BHPian

I think Brezza will do " Even" better post receiving the petrol engine since it will carry a 4 star rating along with great Mileage and Maruti's service network.

Things will get more interesting once Kia's baby seltos is launched !

Wow, Just hit me that once deserted space is filled with Great cars like Ecosport, Brezza, Nexon, Venue, Xuv 3oo. It's phenomenal what competition can do to the end consumer
Old 13th November 2019, 17:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

Brezza petrol will do well for itself no doubt. What makes it better than rest of the Maruti's is it's safer(4* NCAP ). But i hope Maruti doesn't switch to heartect in order to reduce weight and increase mileage . Not that it matters in our market though
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 17:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
The Vitara Brezza is a handsome looking car, I prefer it more than the Venue and Ecosport. All she needs is better plastics and a fresh dashboard inside.

It will be interesting how the Petrol performs on this car, because if I am not mistaken the car is heavier than the Ertiga.
Agree on the looks part. I hope Maruti refreshes it to include features and engine options that can rival the competition. The competition has moved to providing turbo petrol and 1.5D engine options for CSUVs whereas Maruti is still dilly dallying, despite having had the first mover advantage (barring the Ecosport)

No test mules have been caught with features like Sunroof, Turbo Petrol etc. so far. Not sure what is in store for the Vitarra Brezza.
Old 13th November 2019, 18:11   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Things which Maruti can easily add to the Brezza to make it stand out in the segment:

1. LED Projector Headlamps

2. LED FogLamps like the XL6 and Ciaz

3. Auto Dimming IRVM. It's visible in one of the spy pics.

4. Better quality for interior plastics, specially the dash

5. UV cut glass like the Baleno. No car in its segment has this.

6. Better speedometer console, like newer Maruti petrols(Ciaz, Ertiga, XL6). I Think this will come as Maruti will need to change to newer design to display all those hybrid related animations.

7. Sunroof! Definitely desirable.

8. Rear Fog Lamps

9. Puddle lamps like Ignis

10. Not that hopeful, but more airbags.

11. Better cabin insulation.

Hopefully someone reads this from Maruti and makes the necessary changes. Since Hyundai is now present in the segment, Maruti shouldn't be that complacent like they were back in 2016 when their main competitor was Ford.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 18:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Here is my speculation of Brezza 1.5 Petrol's prices:

Attachment 1914812
Bang on. I am talking to my SA in Arena showroom and this is exactly what they are expecting as well. IMO this takes the value preposition of brezza to new height. My only worry is that hopefully they will not tinker much with the safety aspect.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 18:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

I’ve been a disappointed fan of MS now because MSIL is least bothered in providing a significant update to Brezza.

It’s like the literal meaning of facelift is being followed here. Just change bumpers, grille - VOILA a facelift is ready.

No powerful engine or a slightly tuned up in power would’ve made it a better deal. LED headlamps should’ve been provided like that of Swift (Arena) because Nexa models are all equipped with good headlamps & features while Arena models are kept to bare minimum.

Hope Maruti wakes up because competition is looking bright than Brezza.
Old 13th November 2019, 22:19   #100
BHPian

This is music to my ears. Staff at both Caculo Ford in Panjim and Goa Hyundai in Verna are behaving like prima Donna's.

We want a petrol vehicle and were about to settle on Brezza zdi+ since both Creta and EcoSport are seemingly not available in Goa.

Say what you want about Maruti, at least they treat their customers decently.
Old 14th November 2019, 10:40   #101
BHPian

So many people say Maruti should add this or that in Brezza to make it more desirable. OK...
Brezza already outsells every other CSUV every month (barring a few when Venue upstaged it), so what exactly is the incentive to change a winning formula? Why add things and increase prices when there are no indication of Brezza losing its top spot? Think from Maruti's perspective why should it make any changes at all except for the BSVI norms?

AFAIK and think, Maruti ain't gonna change zilch in this. Nothing premium is gonna be introduced when customers don't want it.
Don't fix what isn't broken!
ValarMorghulis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 15:27   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

1.5 Petrol Confirmed for Brezza and S Cross

Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 17:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Think from Maruti's perspective why should it make any changes at all except for the BSVI norms?
Keen to see what will happen to Brezza sales when the 1.3 DDiS isn't in the engine bay.
Old 20th November 2019, 16:25   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza BS6 Variant spied on test,

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-brezzapetrol660.jpg

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki will introduce a petrol derivative in the Vitara Brezza's line-up alongside the debut of its mid-life facelift. Reports suggest Maruti will plonk in the BS6 compliant, in-house developed 1.5-litre, naturally aspirated motor, which gets the SHVS mild-hybrid tech in the Brezza. This engine is capable of churning out 103 hp of power along with 138 Nm of peak torque. This engine is currently available in the Ciaz as well as the Ertiga.

However, there is a slight possibility that in order to continue reaping the tax benefits, Maruti might introduce the 1.2-litre, dual-jet engine which also comes with the SHVS mild-hybrid technology
Link
Old 21st November 2019, 07:52   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Would they offer the 1.0L in a higher variant? The 1.5L definitely makes more sense for India though!

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I have a Vitara Brezza and an Alto 800. As I was speaking to the chief service engineer in the service station about the future of Brezza petrol, he said Maruti will launch the 1.0 turbo petrol. He has got information about it and he said the company has already been training the technicians for this new engine.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks