BANNED

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

The grill design has changed.
Name:  old.PNG
Views: 5536
Size:  11.5 KB Name:  new.PNG
Views: 5613
Size:  42.7 KB

Changes to bumper and grill. Head lamp overall design and bonnet remains the same. No change to other sheet metals.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th December 2019 at 12:20.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 16:34   #137
BHPian

Can anyone confirm which logo is there on the rims or grill? They are not clear to me. If there is none, it could also be the re-badged Toyota version.
I have my doubts though. Alloys and turn indicators in ORVM, but no fog lamps? Unless they are integrated it somehow in the headlamps themselves), it does sound like an aftermarket mod.
Old 27th December 2019, 21:34   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
That's curious, lower end trim with no fogs but projector headlamps. So looks like projectors will be standard --- is it a Triber effect?! I wish the chrome in the grille were a little more subtle.
It's not the triber's effect. Maruti launched Ciaz 5 years ago with all variants with projector lamps.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 00:46   #139
BHPian

Will the petrol automatic be cheaper than the current diesel AMT? I read somewhere that it would be a 4 speed TC. Asking this as I'm about to sit to negotiate for a brezza or Nexon. If Brezza petrol TC is confirmed to be launched by Feb then I'll hold my bookings.
Old 28th December 2019, 02:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

Honestly grill is a turn off! Bling is way too extreme.

I would pick up the new set of headlights and plonk it on my Brezza
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 12:27   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It's not the triber's effect. Maruti launched Ciaz 5 years ago with all variants with projector lamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Can anyone confirm which logo is there on the rims or grill? They are not clear to me. If there is none, it could also be the re-badged Toyota version..
Which makes me ask: Could this be a Nexa version ?

(Just adding to the confusion & speculation )
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 13:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Will the petrol automatic be cheaper than the current diesel AMT? I read somewhere that it would be a 4 speed TC. Asking this as I'm about to sit to negotiate for a brezza or Nexon. If Brezza petrol TC is confirmed to be launched by Feb then I'll hold my bookings.
This is strictly my analysis and request members to correct if any mistakes are found. As per current prices obtained from Maruti and Nexa sites, the petrol automatic of Ciaz Alpha is approximately ₹ 4000-5000 cheaper than the corresponding 1.3 diesel manual. The AMT of Brezza ZDi+ seems to be around ₹ 50000 more expensive than its corresponding manual. So you may be looking at a petrol automatic which could be approximately ₹ 50000-60000 cheaper than its corresponding diesel automatic, provided there is no price change in future. You will be having a more advanced automatic at a cheaper price if you are fine with petrol.
Old 28th December 2019, 13:28   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm which logo is there on the rims or grill? They are not clear to me. If there is none, it could also be the re-badged Toyota version.
The hub caps are missing, not installed for the sake of keeping identity secret. The logo on grille is masked by tape for the same reason.

It could be a rebadged Toyota version but chances are less as Toyota would like to see the response of people towards the petrol variant of Brezza and then take jump.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 10:02   #144
BHPian

Any news on launch dates? Also, a bigger petrol engine+ a TC, won't it jack up the prices ?

Quote:
This is strictly my analysis and request members to correct if any mistakes are found. As per current prices obtained from Maruti and Nexa sites, the petrol automatic of Ciaz Alpha is approximately ₹ 4000-5000 cheaper than the corresponding 1.3 diesel manual. The AMT of Brezza ZDi+ seems to be around ₹ 50000 more expensive than its corresponding manual. So you may be looking at a petrol automatic which could be approximately ₹ 50000-60000 cheaper than its corresponding diesel automatic, provided there is no price change in future. You will be having a more advanced automatic at a cheaper price if you are fine with petrol.
Old 29th December 2019, 10:10   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Any news on launch dates? Also, a bigger petrol engine+ a TC, won't it jack up the prices ?
There would definitely be some increase with respect to a new model year and BS-6 compliance. Since none of the 1.5 petrols in Maruti stable have been launched with BS-6 compliance, it will be difficult to figure out the increase at this moment. Also I have no idea about launch dates.
Old 29th December 2019, 12:37   #146
BHPian

Quote:
There would definitely be some increase with respect to a new model year and BS-6 compliance.
But Brezza has never been offered in a petrol, only in diesel. And in general, petrols are priced significantly lesser than its diesel variants (close to a lakh).
But Brezza petrol if launched with a 1.5L engine won't be getting any excise benefits. Even if we include this fact and the BS VI upgrade cost, then also the price should be kept lower than what it retails now. It's up to Maruti how much reduction they want to pass it to the final consumer.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 29th December 2019 at 12:38.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 21:29   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
But Brezza has never been offered in a petrol, only in diesel. And in general, petrols are priced significantly lesser than its diesel variants (close to a lakh).
But Brezza petrol if launched with a 1.5L engine won't be getting any excise benefits. Even if we include this fact and the BS VI upgrade cost, then also the price should be kept lower than what it retails now. It's up to Maruti how much reduction they want to pass it to the final consumer.
I only calculated taking the variants of Ciaz into account. But yes, the excise part is something I missed out on. So maybe the difference is not even significant.
Old 29th December 2019, 21:47   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I only calculated taking the variants of Ciaz into account. But yes, the excise part is something I missed out on. So maybe the difference is not even significant.
AFAIK, the top variant ZXI+ petrol will cost almost the same as today's ZDi+ variant.

-No excise benefits
-Added features. Expect additions like Auto Dimming IRVM, LED headlights etc which will add to the cost.

Also Maruti probably wants to sell the petrol at a premium, so that when the 1.5 BS6 Diesel comes, the difference remains close to 1-1.5 lacs and it "appears" as a VFM offering.

One can also expect Maruti to skimp on some features to make the BS6 diesel variants appear VFM, like the first gen Swift/Ritz days when they lacked a true top variant. Anyways these are all speculations. However one thing I am sure about is that the petrol will not see a significant price cut compared to the current diesel models which are on sale.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 22:20   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I think Mr Raman is spot on. There are a lot of people like me who believe that there is no replacement for displacement. A turbo engine sounds cool on paper, but i have driven reputed engines like in Ecosport or in Polo and found them to be either noisy or overpriced or just not tractable enough. Maybe it's my style of driving that is not suited for these esteemed engines.
Which one of those issues is the Polo TSi according to you?
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 02:30   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Which one of those issues is the Polo TSi according to you?
Overpriced and noisy but tractable.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks