Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 11:42   #376
BHPian

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Looks overpriced by 30-40k to me. The good part is, availability of AT in all the trims (except base). I am not sure if Maruti will be able to hold its volumes with this price. The higher tax bracket is hitting Maruti here.

Last edited by tarik.arora : 24th February 2020 at 11:55.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 11:46   #377
BHPian

The BS4 Brezza had a 4 start NCAP rating, correct ? Now that Maruti has announced that they are not going to send their cars for NCAP tests, is it possible that there is a change in structural reinforcement ? Might sound like a troll, but I am genuinely asking because we all know how the Swift had different ratings for India and rest of the world. Since the engine has changed in the Brezza now, it would be difficult to see if the structure has become lighter or not. Any opinions ?
DieselAddikt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 11:55   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The BS4 Brezza had a 4 start NCAP rating, correct ? Now that Maruti has announced that they are not going to send their cars for NCAP tests, is it possible that there is a change in structural reinforcement ? Might sound like a troll, but I am genuinely asking because we all know how the Swift had different ratings for India and rest of the world. Since the engine has changed in the Brezza now, it would be difficult to see if the structure has become lighter or not. Any opinions ?
I don't think they'd go to that level. Also - MSIL saying we won't send doesn't mean the car can't get tested. GNCAP can very much pick a car from the market & get it tested. MSIL won't send it voluntarily for a test is all that it means I think. At least the way I understand how this works with GNCAP.

At the same time - I won't be too surprised if some parts of the body go lighter on the face-lift. Door sheet metal panels etc. Because now its going to a petrol engine & lighter car means savings on money as well as better mileage on a petrol engine. These panels if shed a few grams of weight, don't immediately turn the car unsafe though.

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th February 2020 at 12:04.
Reinhard is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:09   #379
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2020 at 07:42.
Dieselritzer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2020, 12:18   #380
BHPian

The price of outgoing zdi is 9.11 and for zxi its 9.10.

Expecting to see discounts in coming month on petrol brezza.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2020 at 07:42. Reason: Quoted post deleted
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:22   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Does this have led lights or projectors? The white ones or the yellow ones? And yes the vxi really is decently loaded. After market alloys and good tweeters will almost complete the package for anyone on a tight budget, like me ;-)
Projectors + Halogens for the LXI variant and Projectors + Leds from VXI onwards.
ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:25   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The BS4 Brezza had a 4 start NCAP rating, correct ? Now that Maruti has announced that they are not going to send their cars for NCAP tests, is it possible that there is a change in structural reinforcement ?
Don't worry.
Other competitors will buy one and send to GNCAP, if GNCAP could not buy one
DriveOnceMore is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:41   #383
BHPian

A difference of 1L between Lxi and Vxi, that's too much IMHO with the difference in features being not that extensive!
The OTR of Vxi here in Navi Mumbai will be approximately 10-10.10L
Vxi being the most VFM variant, they should have priced it around 8.05-8.15L corresponding to 9.7-9.8L OTR

Last edited by jigar : 24th February 2020 at 13:07.
jigar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:42   #384
Senior - BHPian

Agreed to the general consensus. It does look a bit overpriced. If the ZXi AT was priced under 10L, it would have been the go-to variant as it comes with all necessary features(rear wash-wipe, touchscreen, steering mounted controls, electrical foldable mirrors etc). But breaching the 10L mark, the taxes increase in certain places(Bangalore for example).

Having said that, only Ecosport comes with a reliable TC box(that too restricted to top trim) in the segment full of AMTs/DCT which not everyone is comfortable with. Maruti might still be able to pull in the AT customers in this segment, thanks to being available in lower trims(VXi) & not to forget this would mostly be frugal as well compared to say an Ecosport petrol AT. But sure the monthly 5 figure mark would be history now unless they soon come up with the diesel mill.

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th February 2020 at 12:50.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:51   #385
Senior - BHPian

Maruti thinks the consumers are fools. First with the grand statements about BS6 diesel being priced out of the world and now with this ancient 4 speed gearbox commanding a 1.4L premium. It doesn't have the ESP/ESC as well that is standard with AT cars with the same gearbox (Ciaz, Ertiga). For such a tall car, it would have been useful. Glaring mistake especially when they are standard across variants in the Nexon.

Don't even get me started on the 'Smart Hybrid' concept that they have been playing with for so long. This is a vehicle that is underwhelming in all aspects.

Should have just given it an AMT and kept the costs low. Would have been correct for the kind of vehicle it really is.

I kindly request Ford to bring back the Trend variant of Ecosport Petrol AT. Will finish the Brezza before it arrives.

Just a reminder, for the price of a VXi AT, one can get a Nexon Diesel XMA variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
Attachment 1973035Can anyone explain me what does green glass mean!
Knowing Maruti, I believe it is just a fancy way of saying green tinted glass. It is a standard feature for many years now.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 24th February 2020 at 13:15.
SchumiFan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:52   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't think they'd go to that level.

These panels if shed a few grams of weight, don't immediately turn the car unsafe though.
About stooping down to "that level" like you mentioned, how low did they go when they gave inferior car for India and safer car for the rest of the world? Just asking !! And I was not at all talking about lighter panels. I was talking about "structural reinforcements" as I mentioned in my post. Was not trying to say lighter panels equate to being less safe. I am sure they cannot make the body panels any lighter. I am talking about the core structure.

Ya, it is true that the car can be picked up by GNCAP authority themselves. But then Maruti can come out with a statement saying that they are not bothered about NCAP (as already announced) and only care about the standards of the country that they sell the vehicle in. They would technically be correct though. Hopefully, they haven't made any changes to the structure.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 24th February 2020 at 13:01.
Old 24th February 2020, 12:54   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Brochure of the updated Vitara Brezza:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vitara_Brezza_Brochure.pdf (5.38 MB, 941 views)
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 13:05   #388
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-screenshot_20200224130412.jpg

Can anyone explain me what does green glass mean!

Last edited by Sheel : 25th February 2020 at 11:34. Reason: Please proof read prior to submission. Thanks.
Old 24th February 2020, 13:10   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
Attachment 1973035Can anyone explain me what does green glass mean!
Reminds me of M800 days when the base variant used to get clear glass while the DX/AC models had Green Tinted glass. It's most likely that. Or has Maruti gone ahead and given UV cut glasses like Baleno? The only reason I think its not UV cut is because they won't be so generous to offer in all variants. But what perplexes me is why spend real estate on the brochure?

Also the features list feels as if it has been compiled by some intern.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 24th February 2020 at 13:11.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 13:12   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Reminds me of M800 days when the base variant used to get clear glass while the DX/AC models had Green Tinted glass. It's most likely that. Or has Maruti gone ahead and given UV cut glasses like Baleno?
I don't think so Maruti will provide UV cut glass in all the variants.
If they would have provided UV cut glass, it would have been restricted just to the ZXi+ variant just like driver armrest
jigar is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed