Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 15:11   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Let's not forget that the Brezza gets a proper 4 cylinder smooth engine. Nexon's 1.2 RT can only dream of matching its NVH levels. 4 cylinder engines are considerably costlier to build. Even without a turbo.
Am not very sure about this. Just to check what this 1.5 Petrol motor is from Maruti, I just test drove the XL6 over the weekend. The motor might be smooth, but its damn noisy over 3000RPM and performance was also sluggish. Am not sure how it will be without the mild hybrid system. The NVH is no where as good as what I get in the 1.0 Turbo motor of the Venue which I also test drove couple of days ago. Am assuming the Nexon Petrol motor might be better than Maruti in terms of NVH and performance, since am yet to drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
They have completely missed out on adding below features to the updated car:
- Round steering wheel that rotates. - Please explain what this is
- Indicator stalk with "tick tick" sound. - You mean the sound we get when the turn indicators are engaged?
- Iron rod with premium black finish to hold up the bonnet.
- Do you mean we have to hold the bonnet with our hand without any support?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th February 2020 at 15:26. Reason: back to back posts merged.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:15   #407
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
...The NVH is no where as good as what I get in the 1.0 Turbo motor of the Venue which I also test drove couple of days ago...
Venue 1.0l is really fabulous when it comes to NVH, even at speeds above 100+kmph. At parking, I've mistaken a running engine as off multiple times.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:24   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza Price Tracker:

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-erh994iueace8ot.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:26   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
- Do you mean we have to hold the bonnet with our hand without any support?
DieselRitzer's post was a sarcastic one, pointing out the redundancy in the words used to describe the features in the brochure.
nikipedia87 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:50   #410
Senior - BHPian

Pricing is all messed up. Even though there's not much to fault with the product, it clearly lacks the feel-good factor offered by cars at this price.

And that age old 4 speed AT commanding a premium of 1.4 lakhs is just hilarious!

Even the Ertiga Vxi AT with the same engine-gearbox combo, an extra row of seats as well as ESP is 60k "cheaper" on-road as compared to Brezza Vxi AT

Last edited by self_driven : 24th February 2020 at 16:06.
self_driven is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:59   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
DieselRitzer's post was a sarcastic one, pointing out the redundancy in the words used to describe the features in the brochure.
Mea Culpa. I just went through the brochure and they sure have gone to great lengths to explain each and every feature of the car, however trivial lest the customer feels short changed. As someone has pointed out, some features are not very clear as to what they mean. Green glass, 2 point , 3 point seat belts etc.

I really hope the car is wickedly powerful to drive and not just on paper. Do you all think if it will be able to compete with the Venue and Nexon in terms of performance?
Old 24th February 2020, 16:19   #412
Senior - BHPian

I was very keen to buy an automatic CSUV since Diwali last year. Venue DCT seems to a nice car but then was out of my budget. My only choices were Venue or Brezza, as I didn't want to go for Tata, Mahindra or Ford. I was OK with Brezza's 4 Speeed TC, as the car would be driven in city most of the time. However the wait seemed forever since first news of Breeza Petrol were confirmed.

Luckily I got a fantastic deal for Baleno Alpha CVT BS VI model in December and I took the plunge. The car was November manufactured, got color of my choice, got it delivered in a weeks time, and way below my budget. I love driving the Baleno in my city commutes, its just so smooth and stress free.

Seeing the Brezza Petrol prices, I thank my luck, I didn't wait till date and went for lucrative deal for the Baleno.
RM Motorsports is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 17:10   #413
BHPian

I bought Brezza ZDI+ AGS in Sept 2019, the ex showroom was 9.83 lacs (with 60k discount). It feels a total value for money when compared to this costing.

Quote:
I have cancelled my booking and have asked for a refund. None of the automatic variants have been priced sensibly.

I'll try hunting for a used Brezza AMT.
Hi. My suggestion would be to hunt in all the dealerships for a VDi/ZDi AGS, if you are lucky, you might be able to get one.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th February 2020 at 19:43. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
smileline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 17:21   #414
BHPian

I've tried it at Nasik, Pune and Mumbai and none of them have any inventory. If you know any SA in Pune pls do let me know.
Old 24th February 2020, 18:35   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Atleast this is one part which I can confirm. There has been no change in the Bodyshell of the Brezza ever, either w.r.t. sheet metal thickness or chassis alterations.
Good to know this !

Quote:
I have cancelled my booking and have asked for a refund. None of the automatic variants have been priced sensibly.

I'll try hunting for a used Brezza AMT.
Are you absolutely sure you cannot live with a manual? Being a petrol car from Maruti, the clutch would be super light and the gearshifts would be seamless. The VXi MT seems decently loaded and well priced. Just my opinion.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th February 2020 at 18:56. Reason: Typo
Old 24th February 2020, 18:42   #416
BHPian

I stay in Mumbai. Seeing how crazy the traffic is becoming day by day, I cannot dare live with a manual for the next 10 years
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 18:52   #417
BHPian

Quote:
I've tried it at Nasik, Pune and Mumbai and none of them have any inventory. If you know any SA in Pune pls do let me know.
Hi. Checked my dealer in Pune and at Ahmednagar. None of them have any inventory. It seems they stopped diesel production after 15th January.
Old 24th February 2020, 19:19   #418
BHPian

Comparison of Vxi, Zxi and Zxi+ side by side.

My observations:
  1. Maruti has provided fog lamps only on the Zxi+ variant which is ridiculous in my opinion.
  2. Over the Vxi, Zxi gets only 3 extra PROMINENT features: cruise control, alloy wheels, smart play infotainment system.
  3. Vxi is the most VFM and Zxi is an all round package, but Zxi+ is completely useless.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th February 2020 at 05:29. Reason: Grammar fixed. Video has been already posted. Check post#:369.
jigar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 19:52   #419
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly, the Tata Nexon or Ecosport looks like a much better option in petrol avatar. I was expecting the prices to be lower than the BS4 diesel models by a huge margin. Should expect discounts in the next few months I guess.

Eagerly searching for reviews, to see if they have made any further improvements to NVH levels. I saw the bonnet has a cladding for noise reduction in one walkaround video.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 20:02   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara Brezza Price Tracker:

Attachment 1973080
Problem with current pricing of Brezza is that, it will give enough room for Hyundai and Tata to increase pricing of Venue and Nexon respectively. Tata has been religiously increasing price every quarter. Remember, Nexon was launched for 5.85 for base model and today it cost 6.95.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th February 2020 at 20:19. Reason: Breeza = Brezza. Venu = Venue. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks