Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 06:14   #436
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
Comparison of Vxi, Zxi and Zxi+ side by side.
[*]Vxi is the most VFM and Zxi is an all round package, but Zxi+ is completely useless.[/list]
I don't think so, Zxi+ offers auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, auto dimming IRVMs, electrically retractable OVRMs, center armrest for front passengers, height adjustable front seat belts, reverse parking camera, fog lamps, etc., All these features have their own benefits in different situations.
narendra_urs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 08:52   #437
BHPian

The Hyundai Venue and Tata Nexon offer more mileage than the Vitara Brezza facelift if you choose its diesel variant. However, the benefit that Brezza has here is that its petrol-automatic option is more frugal than all the petrol variants of the Venue. Also, with a mileage of 17 kmpl, the diesel variant of the Nexon is the least frugal petrol model in this company.

Mileage comparison of three vehicles. Published by Gaadi something. Hilarious.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 09:57   #438
BHPian

On road price difference for non Automatic vs Torque Converter Automatic variants for some of the models in Bangalore are:

Brezza Zxi vs Zxi AT - 2.12 Lakhs (4Speed Petrol AT, SHVS, Hill hold)
Ecosport T+ vs T+ AT - 1.11 L (6AT Petrol, Cruise Control, Leather seats)
Creta SX vs SX AT - 1.99 L (6AT Diesel)
Seltos HTK+ vs HTK+ AT - 1.23 L (6AT Diesel)
Harrier XZ vs XZA - 1.61 L (6AT Diesel)
Hexa XT vs XTA - 1.41 L (6AT Diesel, looses ESP, Traction and Hill assist)
Compass Limited+ vs Limited+ AT - 2.33 L (9Speed AT from ZF)

Maruti Suzuki has managed to undercut the ZF 9AT by 21k

They have no right to charge that kind of premium for the relatively old 4 Speed transmission. They have not even added the regular safety features that used to come with this transmission such as ESP and Traction Control. Instead, they added SHVS.

I do not think they intend to sell many automatic variants and are betting heavily on the manual ones. They have updated the base Lxi and Vxi variants with better features. The automatic variants sale contribution is less than 10 percent for Maruti. If Petrol Brezza manual variants pulls off even 80 percent sales of its old Diesel brother (which used do around 11k units per month average), Maruti would have consider it a job well done.

The game is now open for Ecosport. Bring back Trend AT, add android Auto to at least T+ AT and pull a good portion of those 10 percent Brezza automatic sales towards them. Will ford act? Or will they now remove Sunroof/airbags from T+ AT instead to match Brezza Zxi AT price

This brings me to S-Cross petrol automatic pricing. S-Cross diesel already had SHVS and S-Cross never had the sub 4m tax benefit. So, I expect them to price the petrol AT in line with current Diesel Manual pricing. Like Petrol S-Cross Zeta AT to be same price as current Diesel Zeta manual. That would mean new Brezza Zxi AT will be priced similar to new S-Cross Zeta AT where S-Cross is generally considered to be a better finished and premium product with European lineage. Looks like Maruti had much higher margins for Brezza compared to S-Cross. Or, they were never really able to push the price of S-Cross up like they did for Brezza post its launch in 2016.
srikanthmadhava is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:15   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza will show its prowess in handling, ride and more to the Media in Goa from 26/27th FEB-20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:28   #440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
On road price difference for non Automatic vs Torque Converter Automatic variants for some of the models in Bangalore are:

Brezza Zxi vs Zxi AT - 2.12 Lakhs (4Speed Petrol AT, SHVS, Hill hold)
Ecosport T+ vs T+ AT - 1.11 L (6AT Petrol, Cruise Control, Leather seats)
Creta SX vs SX AT - 1.99 L (6AT Diesel)
Seltos HTK+ vs HTK+ AT - 1.23 L (6AT Diesel)
Harrier XZ vs XZA - 1.61 L (6AT Diesel)
Hexa XT vs XTA - 1.41 L (6AT Diesel, looses ESP, Traction and Hill assist)
Compass Limited+ vs Limited+ AT - 2.33 L (9Speed AT from ZF)

Maruti Suzuki has managed to undercut the ZF 9AT by 21k
You might want to check your figures. The ZXI and ZXI AT price difference is 1.40 lakhs and not 2.12 lakhs.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:30   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
The price of outgoing zdi is 9.11 and for zxi its 9.10.

Expecting to see discounts in coming month on petrol brezza.
Qouting my own post.
Maruti has added a few features in ZXi as compared to the outgoing ZDi, like the Android Auto/Apple car play (Smartplay infotainment).

So, ZDi vs ZXi is not an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th February 2020 at 13:41. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th February 2020, 10:41   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think they intend to sell many automatic variants and are betting heavily on the manual ones. They have updated the base Lxi and Vxi variants with better features. The automatic variants sale contribution is less than 10 percent for Maruti. If Petrol Brezza manual variants pulls off even 80 percent sales of its old Diesel brother (which used do around 11k units per month average), Maruti would have consider it a job well done.
If that were the case - MSIL would simply have gone with a cheap AMT and got done with it. I believe MSIL is actually hoping for a significant sale of the TC AT, which is considered superior to the AMTs that it competes mainly with. Otherwise - it really has not much to talk about in the segment without the frugal diesel of past.

Indeed - Maruti surely will be content if the petrol version manages about 65-70% of sales of the diesel one. This is all just damage control IMO. Somehow keeping the assembly line running and profits continuing while they work on getting the diesel back on the showroom floor.
Quote:
Looks like Maruti had much higher margins for Brezza compared to S-Cross. Or, they were never really able to push the price of S-Cross up like they did for Brezza post its launch in 2016.
Of course the Brezza brought more margin. Also - the Scross never set the sales charts on fire. Increase the price further & sales would drop further too. They simply couldn't do much on this car. I'm sure the discussions of pulling out the car would have happened often in board rooms. Cars that sold more than SCross have been discontinued by MSIL in past. But take out the SCross & their "NEXA" branding would really have a big question of need on it. So the car needs to stay till other products enter the showroom.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:45   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You might want to check your figures. The ZXI and ZXI AT price difference is 1.40 lakhs and not 2.12 lakhs.
He means On Road price difference and I think he is correct. In Thane the on road price difference between ZXi+ and ZXi+ AT is 2 Lakhs.

I think Maruti has got it wrong this time around. This is because they were losing sales to Venue before they offered massive 1 Lakh discount on pre-facelift Brezza. It is hard to see how they will make previous numbers. May be it is another S-Cross 1.6 in the making. Or maybe, just like many domestic abuse victims, we will find a way to justify the aggressor and live with it.

Last edited by ashlil : 25th February 2020 at 11:07. Reason: typo
ashlil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:55   #444
BANNED

With this kind of pricing, I assume S-Cross will get the axe after March 2020. Its diesel is priced around 8.8L ex-showroom. As it doesn't enjoy any tax benefit, the Petrol will be priced around 7.8L - just a 40K difference with Brezza.

My guess is the 7-seater Vitara will replace S-Cross in the Nexa showroom. But nobody has seen its test mules yet. So, launch will be minimum 1 year ahead, when they will have the BS-6 Diesel motor ready.
Old 25th February 2020, 10:58   #445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
He means On Road price difference and I think he is correct. In Thane the on road price different between ZXi+ and ZXi+ AT is 2 Lakhs.
Ah now it makes sense. But then that's an unfair comparison. Maruti has priced the ZXI+ Manual at 9.75L vs Ford which has Titanium + at 10.53L.

The Ford attracts higher road tax even for Manual since it is above 10L ex showroom hence the price gap for the Ford manual and automatic is much lesser. With the manual version of Ecosport crossing 12.5 lakhs on road but the Brezza top spec ZXI+ is 11.4L on road since ex-showroom is sub 10lakhs.

For the automatic the Brezza is cheaper by 30K vs the Ford.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 11:20   #446
BHPian

We can fight and debate all. But there is a parallel world existing outside Team-BHP, where the Suzuki Logo has unmatched pull. I think this car will sell well, and I will not be surprised if this is going to be leading the segment as well.

Sadly, the common buyer in India is still unaware of the benefits of the competition and the real value of money. The reach and the 'perceived' low cost of ownership drive the resale value of Suzuki cars, and this blinds the public almost every time they make a purchasing decision.

Ford killing Brezza with Trend AT? Sorry, I don't think so.

Almost all the cars in this class are superior options to Brezza now, in terms of powertrains, transmissions, build quality, safety and the value. But, I still feel Brezza will still sell and be in the top 2, if not the top.
rangarx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 11:37   #447
BHPian

While I feel the overall sentiments are against the Brezza, I do like its new looks.

Its design is minimalist and the new headlamps and tail-lamps actually make the overall looks subtle than ever before. The new grill is at least better than the gaudy grill of the past.
Suddenly, the car now looks more mature among the overdone styling of the CUV's present in the segment.

Am I the only one feeling that?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 12:19. Reason: excess spaces
Old 25th February 2020, 12:01   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Variant to Variant price change(ex showroom, Ranchi)

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-20200225_120007.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:17   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If that were the case - MSIL would simply have gone with a cheap AMT and got done with it. I believe MSIL is actually hoping for a significant sale of the TC AT, which is considered superior to the AMTs that it competes mainly with. Otherwise - it really has not much to talk about in the segment without the frugal diesel of past.
Possible reasons why they choose TC AT:
1. K15B engine has never been mated to an AMT before. 4-Speed Torque Converter with 1.5L Petrol engine is an off-the-shelf reliable and readily available solution. Return on investment might be much higher if they use the TC AT compared to the investment and time required to mate K15B with the AMT. Maruti does (almost always) take wise Business decisions.
2. It provides them a differentiation in the segment.

Quote:
Ah now it makes sense. But then that's an unfair comparison. Maruti has priced the ZXI+ Manual at 9.75L vs Ford which has Titanium + at 10.53L.

The Ford attracts higher road tax even for Manual since it is above 10L ex showroom hence the price gap for the Ford manual and automatic is much lesser.
Agreed, tax structures does impact the calculations.
Updated comparison using ex-showroom price taken from carwale:

Brezza Zxi vs Zxi AT - 1.40 Lakhs (4Speed Petrol AT, SHVS, Hill hold)
Ecosport T+ vs T+ AT - 0.90 L (6AT Petrol with Paddle Shifts, Cruise Control)
Creta SX vs SX AT - 1.61 L (6AT Diesel)
Seltos HTK+ vs HTK+ AT - 1.00 L (6AT Diesel)
Harrier XZ vs XZA - 1.30 L (6AT Diesel)
Hexa XT vs XTA - 1.15 L (6AT Diesel, looses ESP, Traction and Hill assist)
Compass Diesel Limited+ vs Limited+ AT - 1.88 L (9Speed AT from ZF)

Quote:
For the automatic the Brezza is cheaper by 30K vs the Ford.
While Brezza Zxi+ AT is cheaper by 30K vs Ecosport Titanium + AT:
Ecosport mainly adds:
1. 6 Airbags
2. ESP and TCS
3. 6Speed AT
4. Paddle Shifts
5. Telescopic Steering Adjustment
6. Sunroof
7. Lower service cost

Brezza mainly adds:
1. 4 Cylinder engine, but lower power and torque
2. LED Projector headlamps vs Halogen Projector in Ecosport
3. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
4. Space in cabin, especially rear seats.
5. SHVS
6. Maruti service network
7. Resale value
8. Isofix

Brezza Petrol manual middle variants are very well equipped for the price and they will mostly rule the sales charts. But AT variant pricing is mockery of competition. If the competition is not able to utilize the opportunity and push their respective products to fill the gap and achieve whatever market share they can, I would blame it on the competition and not on Maruti or the consumers.

PS: It is very difficult to correctly report the features in ecosport on any particular day. Carwale mentions that Ecosport AT has leather seats, but their brochure mentions it as fabric seats. Hence removed my mention of leather seats from the initial comparison
srikanthmadhava is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:33   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Problem with current pricing of Brezza is that, it will give enough room for Hyundai and Tata to increase pricing of Venue and Nexon respectively. Tata has been religiously increasing price every quarter. Remember, Nexon was launched for 5.85 for base model and today it cost 6.95.
This is very unlikely to happen. The prices for these has already been increased post BSVI roll-out and they are expensive.

Let me tell you, Hyundai folks are ready to give discounts even on BSVI venue Petrol models to close the deal. Any further increase in price will derail the sales for Tata and Hyundai and customers will as usual flock to Maruti.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks