Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 13:02   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Possible reasons why they choose TC AT:
1. K15B engine has never been mated to an AMT before. 4-Speed Torque Converter with 1.5L Petrol engine is an off-the-shelf reliable and readily available solution. Return on investment might be much higher if they use the TC AT compared to the investment and time required to mate K15B with the AMT. Maruti does (almost always) take wise Business decisions.
While true that the combination isn't used, remember that the AMT never gets mated with the engine. Engine still meets the same MT gearbox. AMT piggy backs on the transmission & takes care of clutch & gear selection actuators.

The AMT unit surely is capable of handling high power-high torque transmissions since it is already being used on the diesel versions that are with heavier transmissions. So mechanically - its nothing spectacular to achieve and MSIL could surely have done it in no time if they wanted to. This I don't think was a contributor in going for TC.
Quote:
2. It provides them a differentiation in the segment.
That's what I said indeed. They want to sell the TC AT. Its the USP of the Brezza petrol that otherwise is going to get lost in the crowd. The TC AT is there to sell this car. Maruti doesn't want to focus only on MT, like was said in OP.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 13:27   #452
BHPian

Quote:
While Brezza Zxi+ AT is cheaper by 30K vs Ecosport Titanium + AT:
Ecosport mainly adds:
1. 6 Airbags
2. ESP and TCS
3. 6Speed AT
4. Paddle Shifts
5. Telescopic Steering Adjustment
6. Sunroof
7. Lower service cost

Brezza mainly adds:
1. 4 Cylinder engine, but lower power and torque
2. LED Projector headlamps vs Halogen Projector in Ecosport
3. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
4. Space in cabin, especially rear seats.
5. SHVS
6. Maruti service network
7. Resale value
8. Isofix

PS: It is very difficult to correctly report the features in ecosport on any particular day. Carwale mentions that Ecosport AT has leather seats, but their brochure mentions it as fabric seats. Hence removed my mention of leather seats from the initial comparison
Hard to pick one from the other since both miss a couple of really essential kit, but the equation tilts heavily in favour of the EcoSport if one were to consider overall build quality and safety features (consider them different), but Ford takes Terms & Conditions related to addition and removal of features unprecedentedly seriously! Therefore, what you see (on paper) may not be what you get!

Last edited by pannags : 25th February 2020 at 13:28.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 13:43   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hard to pick one from the other since both miss a couple of really essential kit, but the equation tilts heavily in favour of the EcoSport if one were to consider overall build quality and safety features (consider them different), but Ford takes Terms & Conditions related to addition and removal of features unprecedentedly seriously! Therefore, what you see (on paper) may not be what you get!
Do not underestimate the value of LED headlights and 48V SHVS. Once you drive a car with LEDs, you will never want to go back to halogens. Cost of these two items could easily be around Rs. 1 lakh.
Old 25th February 2020, 13:46   #454
BHPian

Forget the rival cars, Brezza appears certainly overpriced compared to Ertiga and Ciaz specially the manual variants.

Ertiga offers an extra seating row with good boot space with three rows intact whereas Ciaz offers unmatched rear space even by Sedan Standards and a gigantic boot.

The biggest advantage both these cars have that they get Smart Hybrid technology even in manual trims and therefore higher fuel efficiency. The bottom line is Brezza's petrol manual's higher pricing would have been justified if it came with hybrid technology but with current pricing without hybrid both Ciaz and Ertiga looks VFM, not counting the discounts available on these two cars.
Stranger17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 13:59   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Do not underestimate the value of LED headlights and 48V SHVS. Once you drive a car with LEDs, you will never want to go back to halogens.
If its white LEDs, they have their fair share of shortcomings during our monsoons. I am one of those who used fairly costly genuine Philips Ultinons for a while & went back to halogens and HIDs.
Quote:
Cost of these two items could easily be around Rs. 1 lakh.
Price is. Cost isn't.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:08   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Do not underestimate the value of LED headlights and 48V SHVS. Once you drive a car with LEDs, you will never want to go back to halogens. Cost of these two items could easily be around Rs. 1 lakh.
Oh yes, LED lights housed in projectors are one of the best things we've seen happen on the exterior in recent years. Haven't driven a mild hybrid yet, but will go by your word.

However, my point was that with so much of emphasis and preference for safety and robustness, the EcoSport takes the lead with ESP, TCS, four additional airbags on top of undoubtedly better build quality.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:11   #457
Senior - BHPian

Some seem to be of the opinion that Brezza may not do well for itself. I just read elsewhere that petrol Baleno outsells diesel Baleno 6 to 1. That's a thumping preference for petrol cars. Brezza had 0 petrol cars until now. Now, it's all petrol. Both Baleno and Brezza are sub-4 m and are of almost the same length and breadth. So, I am quite sure Brezza in petrol-only guise would also do well just as Baleno is. Who knows, it may even eat into Baleno sales to some extent.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:42   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger17 View Post
Forget the rival cars, Brezza appears certainly overpriced compared to Ertiga and Ciaz specially the manual variants.

Ertiga offers an extra seating row with good boot space with three rows intact whereas Ciaz offers unmatched rear space even by Sedan Standards and a gigantic boot.
Actually - this is not new. This was pretty much true even before the petrol Brezza's arrival. And its not just limited to the Brezza either.

For Example - since years, the Hyundai Verna has been on sale with far better feature list and at a lower price than the Creta. We all know which one sells a lot. While the Ciaz & Ertiga bring more bang for the buck, not all are looking for that particular bang at all. Its the practicality of a compact SUV in our driving and road conditions that is driving this huge demand and shift from sedans into tall crossovers. And the trend is here to stay for quite some time ahead. Car makers are making hay while the sun is shining by making more profit margins in the SUV/SC-SUV segments.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:59   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Variant to Variant price change(ex showroom, Ranchi)

Attachment 1973435
I was searching for this comparison since morning.

So the MT variants as expected are lesser than the Diesel MT variants and the AT is 60-90K more than the AMT.

I kind of feel prices are not bad considering you get a proper AT as well as SHVS technology for the additional amount over the AMT diesel.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 15:42   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Maruti thinks the consumers are fools.
I would say that it doesn't think it, it KNOWS it.

This is what I like to term "The Masala Movie Conundrum". Movie purists deride masala movies (in all languages). They have zero scripting, punch dialogues passing off as actual dialogue and have next to no redemption value to them.

But in every language, we get them every month. Why? Because there is a massive market for it. Take the top top grossing movies list (on Wiki) and 80% of them are horrible masala movies...like Prem Ratan Dhan Payo is at #23 all time!

Likewise, while forums like this rightly crap on Maruti for their shoddy safety levels, for not being bold in launching any market segment but only riding on coattails to capitalise on ventures others have taken and did I mention...their tin can level builds, but the absolute, certain reality is, Maruti could put the Suzuki logo on a donkey cart, add a 10 hp motor, some tractor wheels, a dynamo (for the 'hybrid' tech) and it will sell exponentially more numbers than anything any competitor aside from Hyundai can match.

Our junta need to be blamed. The day the market starts rejecting Maruti models is the day the beancounters in Maruti will wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 25th February 2020, 16:00   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

So the MT variants as expected are lesser than the Diesel MT variants and the AT is 60-90K more than the AMT.

I kind of feel prices are not bad considering you get a proper AT as well as SHVS technology for the additional amount over the AMT diesel.
But, aren't diesel engines supposed to be 1 Lakh more expensive than the naturally aspirated petrol engines? So, in reality you are paying 1.6 - 1.7 Lakh more for the Brezza now compared to it earlier diesel only avatar.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 16:06   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

SHVS for AT was more of a need. I do know someone who was closely associated with the development, and as per him the reason why Brezza/S Cross petrol got so delayed was because of fuel efficiency not being up to the mark.

But I strongly feel they should have given SHVS for manual as well, albeit at a higher sticker price. Fuel Efficiency is never bad. With SHVS in manual, I'm sure it would have touched the 20kmpl mark which is great for a CSUV. SHVS would have added another 50k(going as per the AT pricing).
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 16:16   #463
BHPian

Missing Features in Zxi MT/AT vs Zxi+ MT/AT

Definitely cannot live with out Reverse Camera, Center Arm Rest.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-zxi.jpg
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 16:36   #464
BHPian

Quote:

PS: It is very difficult to correctly report the features in ecosport on any particular day. Carwale mentions that Ecosport AT has leather seats, but their brochure mentions it as fabric seats. Hence removed my mention of leather seats from the initial comparison
You are right. The AT variant doesn't have leather seats. They switched to those god awful fabric seats some time back. Only the S variant has remained untouched (except for the wheels and maybe the flat boot loading arrangement).
Old 25th February 2020, 17:20   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Missing Features in Zxi MT/AT vs Zxi+ MT/AT

Definitely cannot live with out Reverse Camera, Center Arm Rest.

Attachment 1973583

Power folding mirrors are present even in VXi.
It's the auto folding which is add on in zxi+.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks