Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 17:51   #466
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Our junta need to be blamed. The day the market starts rejecting Maruti models is the day the beancounters in Maruti will wake up and smell the coffee.
For that to happen you need to have an alternative and I don't see anyone, anywhere close to Maruti.

Make no mistake - MSIL has a lot of ground to cover in upper segments. In fact they don't even have appropriate competent products that others do, but people buy a Maruti because it comes packaged with unprecedented peace of mind, thanks to their unparalleled post sales system! This is a USP that only Maruti can destruct.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 18:39   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If its white LEDs, they have their fair share of shortcomings during our monsoons. I am one of those who used fairly costly genuine Philips Ultinons for a while & went back to halogens and HIDs.
LED bulbs (Ultinon / Chinese based) are pathetic.

When you bring in true LED projectors (chip based) like this Brezza has, they will blow away everything else. I’ve been using aftermarket LED Projectors on my Verna and that thing does road lighting brilliantly (even better than OEM offerings) - be it fog, rain, clear night, haze etc etc. Also one flash and people give way instantly. Will never go back to Halogens ever.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 25th February 2020 at 18:44.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 00:02   #468
BHPian

Got hold of tentative on-road Pune price list from one of the dealer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BREZZA PETROL PRC.pdf (137.1 KB, 588 views)
smileline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 00:24   #469
Senior - BHPian

I’m sure whoever opted for Brezza, went in for diesel before purely because of India’s favourite diesel brilliantly turned by MSIL which provided both power & economy for those heavy mileage clocking drivers.

As for now, atleast 30-40% of population might still want a diesel which proves to be VFM in terms of economy & long range minus the initial investment which might prove a bit costlier but would make up for it in the long run. So, I still feel Ecosport & Nexon D will have a chance on grabbing the share from Brezza to a great margin.

Time will tell how Brezza Petrol contends with other stars in the block with both Petrol & Diesel variants.

Oh, by the way - I will go in for a Headlight swap soon to get dual projectors for my Brezza. Thank you MSIL for giving a better set of optics for my car
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:36   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I’m sure whoever opted for Brezza, went in for diesel before purely because of India’s favourite diesel brilliantly...

As for now, atleast 30-40% of population might still want a diesel which proves to be VFM in terms of economy & long range minus the initial investment which might prove a bit costlier but would make up for it in the long run. So, I still feel Ecosport & Nexon D will have a chance on grabbing the share from Brezza to a great margin.

Time will tell how Brezza Petrol contends with other stars in the block with both Petrol & Diesel variants....
Today I learnt a very interesting fact about Indian market sales. While the market diesel cars demand has dropped from around 50-60%@peak to about 30% today, Suzuki diesel sales was 20% of total last year and had dropped to 10-15% or so by December this year. So, they have to make up Diesel sales to the tune of 10-15% only. And no matter what the Market experts ( both arm chair and technical kind) says, the Japs do not see the future in terms of Diesel as do the Europeans and Americans.

So, they are planning to go all out with Gasolines/CNGs/ Mild and Strong Hybrids and finally EV when the market is mature enough. Now that sounds good in theory as was explained to me by a Japanese OEM Engineering senior guy. But the whims of a customer are never forcastable as per me.

Another interesting food for thought: LPG vehicles was stopped as Govt did not want to divert cooking fuel to automotive usage even though LPG running costs were same as a scooter. So what guarantees do we have that in future, for a country where power cuts are rampant, the Govt of the day may decide, that power used for vehicular charging will have different (Read higher) rates as Cars have always and will always be treated as Sin items. It would be a good stream of revenue for a cash strapped government.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 12:09. Reason: spacing for readability
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:47   #471
BHPian

Dear Fellow Bhpians,

My humble attempt to compare how the Vitara Brezza Petrol stacks against its competition.

The comparison is for the manual variants. Connected features are not included in the comparison. Prices are Ex Showroom Surat.

The comparison showcases variant to variant, price to price comparison.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-specs-comparo.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-lxi-comparo.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-vxi-comparo.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-zxi-comparo.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-zxi-comparo.jpg

Regards
Car's Paradise

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 26th February 2020 at 12:15.
Car's Paradise is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:08   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Fellow Bhpians,

My humble attempt to compare how the Vitara Brezza Petrol stacks against its competition.

The comparison is for the manual variants. Connected features are not included in the comparison. Prices are Ex Showroom Surat.

Attachment 1973882

Regards
Car's Paradise
Brezza LXi has an electric adjustable ORVM.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:16   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Brezza LXi has an electric adjustable ORVM.

Thanks for pointing out. Error Rectified.
Old 26th February 2020, 12:27   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Fellow Bhpians,

Nexon seems to be more value for money, especially with the safety features and more power on offer.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 12:14. Reason: shortening quoted post
Old 26th February 2020, 12:58   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

Nexon seems to be more value for money, especially with the safety features and more power on offer.
Nexon offers very good value for money with good features on offers at a competitive price.

The face lift has brought many many positive changes with safety features like never before. Aesthetically Nexon has grown greatly and looks handsome especially the front look.

However the downside is the refinement of the petrol engine. NVH characteristics are strictly average and needs lot of improvements. Personal expectation with the petrol were very high until it was driven. The thrum of 3 cylinder, vibrations and also the noise makes the driving experience strictly average.

I feel Vitara Brezza MMC even with low power and torque figures as compared to the competition, would vastly improve the driving experience on the NVH characteristics as it is equipped with a 4 pot engine.

Regards
Car's Paradise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 14:49   #476
BHPian

Still Nexon seems the best VFM product. It's a fact that a 4 cylinder pot will make less noise and vibration than a 3 cylinder TC pot but it doesn't make the driving experience of Nexon uncomfortable at any point of time. MSIL has to work a lot on the safety aspects rather than depending upon the engine setup.

Regards
Sujoy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 15:08   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Don't just go by the power & torque on offer. Nexon is also one of the heavier cars in the group. The power/ton and torque/ton numbers of Nexon generally render it just about the median & not really near the top of the charts when it comes to driving performance and experience. In the petrol variant I mean. Diesel Nexon is...

For useful features, good build & certified safety - Nexon seems worthy. If these items are a priority for the consumer.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th February 2020 at 15:18.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 17:27   #478
BHPian

Anybody has info on when the media drive is happening and when is the car reaching the dealers? Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 17:48   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Accessories brochure has been uploaded on website.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vitara-Brezza_Accessories_Brochure.pdf (3.31 MB, 1386 views)
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 17:59   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Anybody has info on when the media drive is happening and when is the car reaching the dealers? Thanks
Media drive has started in Goa. Opinions embargoed until Feb 29th.

Some dealerships have received cars, guess most will receive them this week. MT and AT cars available for the drive.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-11.png

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-ers5auwaaehz7u.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-12.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th February 2020 at 18:08.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks