Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 11:46   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Mod Note: Our Vitara Brezza Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Face-lift in works,

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 24268
Size:  201.5 KB

-New Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will get redesigned front and rear sections.

-5,000 units have already been manufactured at the Maruti Suzuki factory.

-It could come with an all-new 1.5-litre E15A diesel motor, mated to a six-speed MT.

- Could also get a petrol engine variant

Quote:
Substantial changes have been made to the front and rear fascia of the new Vitara Brezza. The updates include a redesigned front bumper with a new grille, re-profiled rear bumper and revised internals of the taillights. Other major changes will be the inclusion of LED projector headlamps and an air intake scoop on the hood. The interiors are likely to get new fabric upholstery and an updated SmartPlay Studio infotainment system.
Link

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2020 at 11:11. Reason: Linking to review :)
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Face-lift in works,

-New Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will get redesigned front and rear sections.
The DDiS 225 with 6 speed box will be cool. Hope they will have a 6 speed auto option also.

The air intake in this pic is hopefully a Photoshop job, looks nosy and ugly to me!
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 19:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift in the works

Rumour: Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift in the works - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 19:30   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki started production of Vitara Brezza facelift model in India with 1.5L diesel engine, likely gets some cosmetic changes as well. According to a new report, Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch the Vitara Brezza facelift model in India very soon and production already begins.

The exterior of 2019 Vitara Brezza gets styling updates including a new front bumper with tweaked headlamps, LED projectors given instead of halogen ones on the current model with integrated LED DRLs. Maruti Suzuki has given a hood scoop also to the upcoming 2019 Vitara Brezza.

The side remains to be the same but the facelift model is likely to get a new design for the alloy wheels, while the size will continue to be the same from the current version. The rear will get a new bumper as well and tweaked tail lamps to round off the exterior changes. We can expect the company to introduce some new colour options for the Vitara Brezza.

The interior changes are minor as it will be limited to new fabrics for seats and an updated SmartPlay studio infotainment system, which made its debut on the new generation Ertiga earlier and it is also available on the Baleno facelift as it comes with connectivity options like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and new features.

The compact SUV is already packed with features like climate control, steering mounted controls, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, rear camera with parking sensors, cruise control, electronically controlled exterior mirrors with fold function, keyless entry, push-button start, alloy wheels, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, speed alert and more.

The facelift model might replace the current 1.3 L diesel engine sourced from FCA with 90 PS and 200 Nm with the newly developed in-house 1.5 L diesel engine and it is expected to produce 95 PS at 4,000 rpm and 225 Nm between 1,500 – 2,500 rpm. This engine is mated to 6-speed manual. As per the report, the company has already manufactured 5000 units, which will be dispatched soon to dealerships.
Source

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd March 2019 at 14:41. Reason: Adding quotes for the reproduced content.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 20:12   #5
BHPian

I sincerely hope that Maruti replace the AMT with a proper 6-speed AT. This would give it a proper edge over its main competitor - the Tata Nexon. It would also bring it in line with the Ford EcoSport which is the only product in the segment with a proper Torque converter AT. Also, that 1.3 DDis + AMT is a horrible combination. This is evident in the swift.

Also, I hope that they bring in the boosterjet petrol, as this might turn a few heads as well! An increase in the number of features in the LDi and VDi variants (which are currently poorly equipped) will make people with a lower budget consider the Brezza.

I also hope that they move the Brezza to their premium Nexa dealership. The Vitara Brezza sells like hot cakes every month because of which it has to deserve premium treatment!

Last edited by karthi.stark : 21st March 2019 at 20:14. Reason: Typos :)
karthi.stark is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:14   #6
BHPian

Oops, I just booked ZDi+ AMT 2 days ago and got the loan agreement signed yesterday, The showroom folks, as expected, are clueless,

Time to ask them to hold on for a week or so,
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:52   #7
BHPian

The report is fake news. A facelift for Brezza is scheduled along with upcoming BS VI norms. I would expect a cosmetic facelift with a BS VI engine somewhere in early 2020, not before that. A Toyota Brezza may also take birth alongside.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd March 2019 at 14:22. Reason: Thanks for sharing. Minor typo corrected. Cosme -> cosmetic.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:00   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The report is fake news. A facelift for Brezza is scheduled along with upcoming BS VI norms. I would expect a cosmetic facelift with a BS VI engine somewhere in early 2020, not before that. A Toyota Brezza may also take birth alongside.
There are so many news portals and so many different views on any upcoming car that one is bound to be confused. But I'll trust you more than all these reports put together when it comes to Maruti. You have been giving vital clues which are generally correct. What you're saying sounds logical. Getting a BS6 ready vehicle is more important than any cosmetic upgrade or the new diesel engine now when next year BS6 kicks in.

By the way that hood scoop looks ugly and out of place, like an aftermarket fitment.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd March 2019 at 14:23. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:26   #9
BHPian

Folks - I've been trying to get more details into this news and one of my trusted sources confirmed that the launch is very near, maybe before end of April,

Very frustrating specially since the loan is about to be disbursed from SBI, not sure how can I ask them to hold off the loan disbursal?
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Folks - I've been trying to get more details into this news and one of my trusted sources confirmed that the launch is very near, maybe before end of April.
There will be a face-lift, but the time frame will not be so as you have specified.

Ciaz and Ertiga are likely to get the new 1.5L diesel power-train after which Brezza could be the recipient of the new engine.
Old 5th April 2019, 15:48   #11

Quote:
Folks - I've been trying to get more details into this news and one of my trusted sources confirmed that the launch is very near, maybe before end of April,

Very frustrating specially since the loan is about to be disbursed from SBI, not sure how can I ask them to hold off the loan disbursal?
Hello, Could you get hold of any definitive info about the facelift? or you are going ahead with your existing purchase?

I'm in a similar dilemma, waiting to decide on the purchase, whether to expect the facelift within this month or not.
Old 5th April 2019, 18:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar12del View Post
Hello, Could you get hold of any definitive info about the facelift? or you are going ahead with your existing purchase?

I'm in a similar dilemma, waiting to decide on the purchase, whether to expect the facelift within this month or not.

No updates from anyone, seems Maruti is holding up the launch, since my loan was already sanctioned and approved, I am going ahead with the existing purchase
Old 5th April 2019, 20:06   #13
BHPian

The Loan disbursal can happen even after a month from the Loan sanctioned date. Only issue could be changes in the Interest rate and other charges periodically. Secondly, your Cibil score, which will be updated every quarter.

I guess, the facelift could happen around the same time, when Hyundai Venue is launched on 21st May.
Old 5th April 2019, 23:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
No updates from anyone, seems Maruti is holding up the launch, since my loan was already sanctioned and approved, I am going ahead with the existing purchase
I don't know who spreads rumours such as this. There is no facelift scheduled for this year. My Suzuki sources indicate a facelift in early 2020 with a new heart.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 5th April 2019 at 23:35.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 10:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Maruti Vitara Brezza to get 1.5L petrol engine option

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol in the works.

Vitara Brezza compact SUV will be offered with the new 1.5-litre petrol engine from the Ciaz and the Ertiga.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-works-412345
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed