Team-BHP - 2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208532-2020-hyundai-creta-ix25-breaks-cover.html)

2020 Hyundai Creta (ix25 for the Chinese market) showcased at the ongoing Shanghai Auto Show. All-new 2020 Creta comes with a stylish new design and new engine options. Though the variant that has made debut today, is a 5 seater variant, Hyundai may be planning to launch a 7-seater Creta as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVay5CU9iG4

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv2.jpg

Hyundai says, “The all-new ix25 (Creta) compact SUV premieres in new ‘sporty and muscular’ form. Perfectly positioned, the new model is clearly inspired by the same design language as the all-new Sonata, but it is interpreted differently. From its strong, shoulder line wheel arches and SUV-like ground clearance, to its unmistakably distinctive lighting design, it is a stylish model that will stand out from the crowd.”

Source - Auto Home China
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv2.jpg
Views:	36216
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1868513

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv6.jpg

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv7.jpg

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv8-1.jpg

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv8.jpg

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv10.jpg

That Exterior design looks unnecessarily busy.

BUT the interior design is simply excellent clap:

Somehow reminded me of the upcoming next gen S Class' interior;

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-a08f249e2020mercedesbenzsclassspyshots17.jpg

Exterior is way overdone and is extremely busy, especially the rear with the weird tail lamp placement.

Good Job Hyundai, you have managed to make a rather handsome vehicle, exceedingly ugly.

That front grill looks like the backside of my split AC's outside unit.

And rear looks like an ameo reversed into a porsche carrera.
There an AC like thing on the rear bumper too.:uncontrol

These are grossly edited photos to place one's watermark on top of of someone else'. Here, I found the originals in much better quality. It seems like the split headlight design and large Tesla-like touchscreen are soon going to become a norm in the automotive industry. That touchscreen would be no good if Hyundai doesn't provide connectivity features as seen on Venue. Also, WTH Hyundai had to slap the Venue-ish alloys on the ix25!
Quote:

Originally Posted by shravan2k2 (Post 4575777)
[*]Longer and wider than before

Indeed, it measures 4,300 mm in length, 1,790 mm in width, 1,620 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,610 mm. It is 30 mm longer and 10 mm wider with 20 mm more wheelbase while the height has been reduced by 7 mm.

I was writing the same thing Shravan, but you beat me to it by just 10 seconds. Next time maybe I'll dictate to Siri. stupid:

Have no words! Hope Hyundai provides the camouflage material it uses for test purposes as an accessory! No way a good, handsome product should be killed like this!! :Frustrati

The rear seems to be inspired by the Pontiac Aztek!

The split tail lamps along the plus sized front grill will take some getting used to but overall I like the design direction and the interiors are fabulous. With these pictures it is very clear that Hyundai is moving the Creta a segment up.
With such a 20mm longer wheelbase I wonder how are they going to cram the 3rd row seats. Would like to see the pictures of the second row too.

Liked the Front
Liked the Interior - mostly
Did not like the rear too much - felt it was bland.

Everyone though will have a different taste and view and some may find it over the top on the outside.

More photos in hi res clap:

So the classical finesse of the present Creta may take an edgy overturn.

1. The Front is fine, the only thing I'm concerned is with the light-dots between the two headlight components. Feel kindof out of place and don't provide the necessary continuance.

2. The arch lines (from side profile) look lifted from the Alturas G4.

3. The rear again has those light dots for some weird design reason. Also, the 3rd brake light will be almost at eye level for other drivers! " Hello blindness? " lol:

4. The interiors, if carried over to India, could become the most premium in it's segment. Harrier's claim about luxe interiors maybe shattered badly soon.

Is it just me or does this Creta look horrible to say the least? Only good thing going for it is the side profile and the interiors. Do note the black, plastic cladding that is present throughout. And why does the paint finish look so bright & glossy? Maybe it's just poor lighting / photo quality.

Front exterior I can live with, but that dreadful rear ? :Shockked: Alloys look like the same ones on the upcoming Venue? This is surely an insult to the beautiful on-going Creta in terms of aesthetics.

That backside ! OMG :Shockked:
I though Hyundai was going all European with their new design head from Audi but this on the other hand is Hyundai going back to 2000 when Hyundai's designs were immature, overdone and silly at times

The more you look at it, the more you start to appreciate Tata for pulling off the split headlamp look in the Harrier. Tata has managed to make the harrier look imposing and classy at the same time, Hyundai has somehow messed this up.
Also, Hyundai could still manage to make the design better before final production. Remember, this is for the Chinese market and Hyundai probably wanted to make a statement there, so might have gone overboard in some elements.

I think we are overreacting as most of the time when the rubber hits the road, most of the fancy and icky designs are remove, and I hope it does for this model too.

For me the front resemble a lot like TATA Harrier's headlamp design, which was again inspired from Pontiac Aztec.
Interior design though looks really great, no resemblance of the funky design from outside.

Looks like Hyundai had kidnapped few people from Mahindra Design team for this project. Outright Ugly !