Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which side would you prefer the rear seat 60% part on?
Left side(diagonal to the driver). 79 32.38%
Right side(diagonal to the front passenger). 69 28.28%
Does not matter / Not important 96 39.34%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2019, 18:38   #16
BHPian

Re: How do you like the 60-40 rear seat split?

Voted for Right side(diagonal to the front passenger). For two reasons:

1) While putting luggage inside the car or taking it out, it takes a longer time, hence it is safer to stand on the left side of the road and do the job. (opposite for LHD vehicles)

2) If the item is quite long or bulky, then it can be kept diagonally by flipping the larger rear seat behind the driver and the front passenger seat.
Wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 00:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it matters in 5 seater cars. In a car with a third row, I'd have the the smaller segment diagonal to the driver as passengers can get in and out of the third row on the left side with minimal disruption.

That said, I'd like to add the 50:50 split is not ideal in most cases. Carrying large pots or 2 bicycles (sometimes diagonally) is easier by folding the larger part of the seat. Also, with a 40:60, an adult and a small child can sit on the larger part for short trips with the smaller part folded.
Old 25th April 2019, 21:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I don't think it matters in 5 seater cars. In a car with a third row, I'd have the the smaller segment diagonal to the driver as passengers can get in and out of the third row on the left side with minimal disruption.

That said, I'd like to add the 50:50 split is not ideal in most cases. Carrying large pots or 2 bicycles (sometimes diagonally) is easier by folding the larger part of the seat. Also, with a 40:60, an adult and a small child can sit on the larger part for short trips with the smaller part folded.
I will go with a 60-40 such that the 40 falls on the diagonal side to the driver which is the left of the car (for right hand drive). This is because as someone earlier said is that if there are luggage then the left being the guarded side / non-traffic side if i park somewhere its safer to take / load from left.

Additionally for a 7 seater MPV, if the middle seat has 40% split on left, I can make someone sit on the left and recline back it a bit independently and stretch the legs in front on the passenger side front row seat by reclining it completely back at the same time, like a one sides bed.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 21:29   #19
BHPian

Sorry for going off topic, I couldn't find the relevant thread. Is it possible to make the regular rear seat as a 60:40 split seat? How much of an effort and cost is it? Will this disturb the warranty? Will this affect any function of the car?

We own an Altroz and this is one feature that we sorely miss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks