Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:40   #16
BHPian

re: 2019 Maruti Alto 800 facelift spotted. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 2.94 lakhs

So an engine based on 40 year old design has been updated to match BS VI regulations by Maruti, which is noteworthy to say. Other companies struggle to update their 5 year old engines, where as Maruti continues offering the same engine since 40 years, although improved in some ways.

I believe Maruti should continue with this engine instead of the smaller turbo engine. This is easier to maintain, fuel efficient and parts are readily available and cheap too.

Regarding the crash test updates, I can only vouch for its safety only after a proper crash test rating. Adding airbags to a weak structure isn't going to help.
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:45   #17
BHPian

re: 2019 Maruti Alto 800 facelift spotted. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 2.94 lakhs

I have to say, I'm glad they didn't go for a chrome grill. Just my opinion, it looks a lot nicer if they keep entry level cars without the chrome. It looks a lot nicer.
sibot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 00:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Maruti Alto 800 facelift spotted. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 2.94 lakhs

Well, here we are. This update shows that only driver airbags are the minimum standard for BNVSAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
So there is only ~20K price increase for ABS+EBD, Airbag, Rear sensors, Updated structure for crash norms, AND updated Engine for BS VI ?! ..............

Why did Maruti made lot of noise on these aspects (BS-VI & Safety up-gradation) earlier ?
I think Maruti was making a fat profit before, maybe slightly lesser now.
Old 24th April 2019, 07:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
So an engine based on 40 year old design has been updated to match BS VI regulations by Maruti, which is noteworthy to say. Other companies struggle to update their 5 year old engines, where as Maruti continues offering the same engine since 40 years, although improved in some ways.

I believe Maruti should continue with this engine instead of the smaller turbo engine. This is easier to maintain, fuel efficient and parts are readily available and cheap too.

Regarding the crash test updates, I can only vouch for its safety only after a proper crash test rating. Adding airbags to a weak structure isn't going to help.
I find it really hard to believe that such an old engine can still pass the stage 6 norms. I wonder if there is an independent agency which can verify the claim.
Old 24th April 2019, 08:47   #20
BHPian

Now this is a real shocker! All safety tech + BS VI in just 20k?

Mind it, all other competitors (especially Kwid and redi-GO) will feel the heat now when they launch their BS-VI versions. The price gap will further increase.

I don't think Maruti is playing with its profits. It is the discounts that they are playing with. Alto was always available with a 10-20k discount throughout the year, which would now be zero.
Old 24th April 2019, 09:58   #21
BANNED

I remember reading in another thread that most people expect certain manufacturers like Tata and Mahindra to take path-breaking steps with each product but permit some others to keep churning out the same old tinny products in newer clothes.
I can't help thinking that this is one more such case.
fiestarry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 16:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The car comes with dual-tone interiors and gets the same dashboard and 3-spoke steering wheel from the Alto K10. The centre console houses a 2-DIN audio system.
The steering wheel's actually the same as the pre-facelift model. I got mine (with driver Airbag option) June last year, which had the exact same steering wheel.
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 17:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
The steering wheel's actually the same as the pre-facelift model. I got mine (with driver Airbag option) June last year, which had the exact same steering wheel.
This steering was available on optional variants earlier. It is standard now as driver airbag has been made standard. Older non-airbag variants used to have a different steering wheel.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 17:24   #24
BHPian

Yes, that is indeed correct. My bad. Only the airbag version, which I have, has this steering wheel.
Just checked with the pics from the non-airbag version a dealer (RNS Bangalore), tried to slip in to me.
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 16:12   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Alto CNG launched at Rs 4.11 lakh( ex- showroom Delhi)

Quote:
The New ALTO now comes with "CNG variants" Lxi and Lxi (0).
The Ex-showroom price in Delhi and NCR region for Lxi and Lxi (O)launched in New Alto CNG is Rs. 4, 10,570/- and Rs. 4, 14, 190/-respectively.
Source: Maruti Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th June 2019 at 16:16.
Old 14th June 2019, 18:46   #26
BHPian

Seeing that they've launched a facelift version of the 800, is there a facelift of k10 in the works too? Maybe something on similar lines, it would be a great update.
Old 1st January 2020, 12:17   #27
BANNED

Here is the initial ownership review for the new BS VI alto 800.
This vehicle is brought it for my parents who is leaving in small Town and Service is a concern if other than Maruti. Drove this vehicle from Bengaluru to Honnavar (450 Km)
It took almost 12 hours for me to cover this distance with small breaks in between. Usually it takes 8 hours to cover in my Innova and As it is new vehicle it took me more time to cover.
Initial feeling of this vehicle is good features added (Top end) with Two airbags, auto lock doors when it crosses certain speed. Audio sytem with Bluetooth connectivity to phone. Handsfree call pick etc.
When coming to the Vehicle engine performance, it's noisy. Also I found a peculiar prrrr sound while accelerating the vehicle which is very annoying. I took the vehicle to the nearest service station RNS Motors Murdeshwar. Service adviser said its new VI engine they are first time seeing and promised he will check with the other vehicle and comeback. Till now Vehicle odo shows 620 KM. Lets hope for the best to come out of this issue as soon as possible if they trace it. Also I will try to Contact Maruti to raise this issue and possible solution. I will keep update you guys any progress. Also please let me know if any one facing this issue in their new Alto BS VI.
Thanks
Regards
Manoj
mnaik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 12:20   #28
BANNED

Just an update on the above post.

Visited one more service station Bharath Service a Maruti authorized service station Kumata. Luckily there was one more new alto 2k run vehicle.
Service adviser took me for a drive. Yes observed the prrrr sound while running (while accelerating only) but quite less comparing to our vehicle.

I think Maruti should work on this issue.

Overall in my opinion it's noisy BVI engine, you feel this if you are driving long distances.
Old 7th June 2020, 15:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnaik View Post
Here is the initial ownership review for the new BS VI alto 800.
This vehicle is brought it for my parents who is leaving in small Town and Service is a concern if other than Maruti. Drove this vehicle from Bengaluru to Honnavar (450 Km)
It took almost 12 hours for me to cover this distance with small breaks in between. Usually it takes 8 hours to cover in my Innova and As it is new vehicle it took me more time to cover.
I bought an Alto Lxi in Jan 2020 (BS6). Engine is smooth and no "prrr" sound till now. I have driven 4100 kms till now. Please check with any other service centre.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 7th June 2020 at 15:19. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 8th June 2020, 11:44   #30
BANNED

I drove one more vehicle. The sound is there but less intensity. But usually you can observe this when you are driving long distance.

Last edited by bblost : 8th June 2020 at 11:47. Reason: Please check the capitalization of sentences before posting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks