Team-BHP - Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208714-toyota-glanza-rebadged-maruti-baleno-edit-launched-rs-7-22-lakh-10.html)

Clearly this is a long term strategy and what Toyota aims to achieve from it is yet to be seen.
However it also indicates Toyota has no intention to actually compete in sub-10 lac segment rather they’ll be contend with any numbers achieved by their future cross-badged models. In a nutshell don’t expect Toyota to bring corolla hatchback or prius electric.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredliner (Post 4582062)
Is the thing encircled in red a centre headrest?

To me, it looks like the back portion of the front passenger seat.

Quote:

That alone would make it a better buy over Baleno.
Yes, if true, that would be a good enough reason to pick Glanza over the Baleno.

Toyota took the 'badge' engineering term literally !

Take a Suzuki car, change the badge to Toyota, voila , we got a Toyota car.:D

I must now believe some of the the auto rickshaws plying on our roads with Audi / Merc / BMW logos are actually 'badge engineered' stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KARAN.CARGURU (Post 4581853)
Received the same final picture from a Dealer's Stockyard V Variant of Toyota GLANZA

Attachment 1872723

Attachment 1872724

Looks like a Toyota fanboy got a Baleno and slapped some Stickers on her:Frustrati The Red Baleno Merc Mod was quite impressive!
I doubt if the interiors will be any different than the current Baleno

The Glanza launch would be amusing.

Assuming it's a carbon copy of Baleno, it will have -
1. Auto dim Rearview mirror
2. Apple Carplay & Android Auto media player
3. DRLs

Why amusing? Because all these features are missing in my 2 times expensive Innova 😬

Where are these made? It can't be Toyota buying Baleno - badge from Maruti right? And how do we know the power train isn't different?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredliner (Post 4582062)

Isn't the variant badge 'V' in a bigger font than GLANZA? Ugly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfreak (Post 4582189)
Why amusing? Because all these features are missing in my 2 times expensive Innova 😬

Forget Innova, Apple carplay and Android Auto is not there in the 5 times more expensive Camry! Also, just a bit of trivia - does anyone remember Aston Cygnet which was a badge engineered Toyota Aygo? :D

That car actually found few takers. Maybe Toyota is inspired by that episode!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfreak (Post 4582189)
The Glanza launch would be amusing.

Assuming it's a carbon copy of Baleno, it will have -
1. Auto dim Rearview mirror
2. Apple Carplay & Android Auto media player
3. DRLs

lol: This is hilarious.

Maruti will make Baleno, Toyota will make badges , chrome fascia AND voila we have a Joint Venture. Toyota is using grill from Baleno base variant and adding chrome :uncontrol. Anyways let us wait for the prices (mostly for more laughs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by octane_100 (Post 4582206)
Also, just a bit of trivia - does anyone remember Aston Cygnet which was a badge engineered Toyota Aygo? :D

That car actually found few takers. Maybe Toyota is inspired by that episode!

That's a good one, I have seen a couple of Cygnets in and around Central London. So what city car do you get when you have a Aston Martin and all other hatch batch are too 'common'? The Aston Martin Cygnet, of course. It did not sell well though.
I know this is going OT: Aston Martin commissioned a Cygnet with a V8, now that is a city car worth the badge on the nose.

Because Toyota is known for its resale value, can an existing Baleno owner rebadge himself as Glanza and expect better resale value ?

what about the next part of the story - Toyota giving cars to Suzuki. If we can get a Corolla with just a badge change and with Suzuki Price, it would be awesome !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi10 (Post 4582260)
Because Toyota is known for its resale value, can an existing Baleno owner rebadge himself as Glanza and expect better resale value ?

Well we can change the badge for sure, but then it won't reflect in the documents isn't it ?

I thought it was just another prank by someone playing with Baleno images but seems that prankster is Toyota itself! With Baleno being already fully loaded with features (which in Toyota terms may even look overloaded), I am not sure what else can they make it look different from Maruti's Baleno.

Looks like this is Baleno's Yaadon ki Baarat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCar (Post 4582199)
Isn't the variant badge 'V' in a bigger font than GLANZA? Ugly!

Yes, because apparently that's the only size they had in their parts bin. Toyota doesn't seems to have the resources and the time to make anything new for this car, so the variant badge has been taken off their existing Yaris sedan.
Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img_20190430_173938.jpg

Image source

That said, it definitely looks out of place on the Glanza.

Damn, the name Glanza feels so weird!