Team-BHP - Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208714-toyota-glanza-rebadged-maruti-baleno-edit-launched-rs-7-22-lakh-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 4582641)
This could surely have brought quick wins to TKM but judging by the comments from fellow BHPians, it has only brought contempt and ridicule and rightly so. I am sure that will go down well with the management, NOT!

Toyota could very easily have launched the export version of the Baleno with side and curtain airbags which I am sure will have structural reinforcements compared to our 'desi' Baleno. That would be a great differentiator and the premium pricing would be justified.

While our forum and other social media sources are influencers in various degrees, the greatest voice that any manufacturer listens to is that of the customer! Or absent customers as many predict in the case of the Glanza. If people continue to buy the Baleno from Nexa showrooms and shun the Glanza, Toyota will realize that they cannot afford another badge swap exercise while they build the partnership and actually leverage each other's engineering prowess.

We both agree that a safer Baleno / Glanza should have been Toyota's offering. However the more Toyota deviates from the proven Maruti Suzuki Baleno script, the more they have to work with vendors to source parts, streamline manufacturing operations, test the vehicles, get their legal team's approval (in IT sales, this is the hardest part!) and then roll out the product. Imagine the amount of testing involved once the revised Baleno / Glanza was fitted with seven airbags and say a sunroof. And the corresponding time delays. Its unfortunately the way it is.

That said, this is all speculation until the final specifications are revealed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4582756)

We both agree that a safer Baleno / Glanza should have been Toyota's offering. However the more Toyota deviates from the proven Maruti Suzuki Baleno script, the more they have to work with vendors to source parts, streamline manufacturing operations, test the vehicles, get their legal team's approval (in IT sales, this is the hardest part!) and then roll out the product. Imagine the amount of testing involved once the revised Baleno / Glanza was fitted with seven airbags and say a sunroof. And the corresponding time delays. Its unfortunately the way it is.

That said, this is all speculation until the final specifications are revealed.

Yep, till the time Toyota officially launch the car, this is all we can do - Debate.

Regarding interfacing with vendors, why would Toyota have to do that? Aren't they simply buying from Maruti and sell it to Joe Public?
And instead of buying the Baleno made for local consumption, TKM could have bought the export Baleno with 6 airbags. And voila!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 4583126)
Regarding interfacing with vendors, why would Toyota have to do that? Aren't they simply buying from Maruti and sell it to Joe Public?
And instead of buying the Baleno made for local consumption, TKM could have bought the export Baleno with 6 airbags. And voila!

Yes, you are right. In my last post, I mixed up Maruti making the Baleno for Toyota with Toyota making the Brezza going forward. Maruti Suzuki will have to interface with their existing vendors or work with new ones if they want to build a different Baleno for Toyota. Say with better power window switches or larger wipers etc. This will likely mean a production model (features wise) between the Indian Baleno and the export Baleno. That is how I interpreted the following quote from the Overdrive article I shared.

Quote:

In addition, Maruti Suzuki's board has also approved supplying a derivative of the Baleno to TKM which would help in increasing the sales of the premium hatchback.
On the topic of the export Baleno with 6 airbags, sigh! Why couldnt Maruti have given it to India in the first place? Only in India.

Any new product manufacturing ground up involves great deal of supply chain management , For Toyota it is easy to change the monicker and leave the production to Suzuki than setup SCM just to make Toyota spec car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4582566)
Toyota GLANZA will make its debut in April dispatches in the monthly sales chart .

Attachment 1872979

Shows as 364, and this to be all accounted to dealers/test drive vehicles.

Maruti Suzuki data mentions:

Attachment 1872978

So, as anticipated Toyota Glanza seems to be nothing more than a re-badged Baleno. :Frustrati. This is really sad. Just hope, it is different under the skin. please:
Finger crossed.

Damn, for all the tall claims by Toyota that the car will be different from the Baleno, it boiled down to just a change in the front grille, not even a change in design of the alloy wheels ? Whatever it is, Toyota will have to keep in mind that this time around its not their badge that is going to sell the car, but the car herself as it has been proven by Maruti Suzuki already. Lets see how they price the car.

Meanwhile, Shaw Toyota from Pune is advertising on Facebook asking people to add a comment on the possible launch date of Glanza. I commented that "it doesn't matter because the car was already launched few years back by Maruti Suzuki" . They blocked me and removed my comment :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiInJa (Post 4583401)
Meanwhile, Shaw Toyota from Pune is advertising on Facebook asking people to add a comment on the possible launch date of Glanza. I commented that "it doesn't matter because the car was already launched few years back by Maruti Suzuki" . They blocked me and removed my comment :D

:uncontrol And Toyota expected that their brand value is everything.lol: Yes, they have got good brand value both globally and in India but this nowhere means that they can fool customers by launching existing models, simply by putting their brand logo and expectedly at higher prices.

C'mon Toyota, even Duster and Terrano, Sunny and Scala, Micra and Pulse look different. At least give customer some reason to go for your car rather than simply your brand logo.

We know certain times that manufacturers don't want leaks about their new offering, sometimes they do selective leaks but pretend that they didn't do that. Just thinking - what about this "leaked" images from Toyota? could it be that they wanted to test public opinion?

Toyota Glanza spotted at a dealership yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAC4oVYzIYc

Red Toyota Glanza spied at a dealer stockyard

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiInJa (Post 4583401)
Damn, for all the tall claims by Toyota that the car will be different from the Baleno, it boiled down to just a change in the front grille, not even a change in design of the alloy wheels ? Whatever it is, Toyota will have to keep in mind that this time around its not their badge that is going to sell the car, but the car herself as it has been proven by Maruti Suzuki already. Lets see how they price the car.

It's always amazing how touchy these guys are to truthful criticism. Even Amazon has a history of not allowing reviews that point out glaring misrepresentation!

Toyota Glanza ready for display!

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-1.jpg

More pics of the Glanza shared on the Autocar forum.

http://forum.autocarindia.com/topic/...comment-171573

Does Toyota have any plans of selling the Baleno RS? Possibly badged as a Toyota Glanza TRD Sportivo.

Will the Toyota Glanza be equipped with a media player that supports Android Auto and Apple Car, as Glanza is a just a rebadged car and Maruti cars have them. If so, it will be the first for Toyota in India.

No disagreement about the fact that it's a huge disappointment from Toyota.

The least they could have done was bring newer shades for the Baleno and make some difference