Team-BHP - Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208714-toyota-glanza-rebadged-maruti-baleno-edit-launched-rs-7-22-lakh-19.html)

Toyota has to redesign the dashboard to change HU, they won't do it for 30K. They should have atleast launched a 1.5L petrol variant, but they are taking a risk with half hearted approach.

So today I was opening Nexa's website.
This is what came on google :uncontrol

See the 2nd search result. lol:

:OT One of my seniors narrated this story to me, he went to a popular clothe store which was famous for selling "Branded Jeans" at reasonable prices, he asked for a particular brand and the answer was "aa brand stickers inka raaledu anna" Translation: We haven't received stickers (Jacrons) of that brand yet! So they were buying unbranded Jeans from factories and slapping various brand Jacrons on them!

Imagine, someone going to Toyota Showroom for Glanza, and the SA tells them we haven't received the Toyota Badges and Grill yet!

I believe Toyota is just testing out the Baleno, to learn its defects in quality. The deal between Toyota and Suzuki also enable Toyota to sell it in international markets. But no way can Toyota sell the Baleno in the current form outside India. There are many areas where Maruti has skimped on quality.

Toyota can sell the Baleno in India, where it is successful and then upgrade it to meet Toyota standards elsewhere. Toyota loses nothing in doing this. Infact more customers will enter the Toyota showrooms and the dealers can make more profit as well.

Toyota quality isn't the same. I've seen the 'New Altis and Yaris' front bumper flex when winds are strong and car is at high speeds, in Dubai. Was zapped out of my wits seeing this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4590850)
Toyota quality isn't the same. I've seen the 'New Altis and Yaris' front bumper flex when winds are strong and car is at high speeds, in Dubai. Was zapped out of my wits seeing this.

Isn't that supposed to be part of pedestrian safety mechanism? A hard bumper will cause more damage on impact. No?

First time I've see it flex like paper. Yes 'pedestrian safety and fuel economy', of course :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunramaswamy (Post 4590851)
Isn't that supposed to be part of pedestrian safety mechanism? A hard bumper will cause more damage on impact. No?

Toyota has made safe cars in past.
The mediocre feeling build quality of Liva and Etios are safe and proven.
I have doubts for Baleno. When swift scores 2 stars, Baleno with similar pricing and more features would be using body of similar safety.

If Toyota chooses to copy paste the Baleno with slight premium pricing, I suspect safety standards would be met.
It will be interesting to see the kerb weight of Baleno and Glanza.

It will also be interesting to see the sales of Liva after Glanza.

IMHO, If it’s priced higher by good amount, the fate of this will be like Scala, Terrano and Pulse.
Still, Good Luck Toyota!

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrastinator (Post 4590971)
I have doubts for Baleno. When swift scores 2 stars, Baleno with similar pricing and more features would be using body of similar safety.

Euro NCAP had awarded 4 stars to the Suzuki Baleno with safety pack.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/top-varia...rating-1397692

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrastinator (Post 4590971)
Toyota has made safe cars in past.
The mediocre feeling build quality of Liva and Etios are safe and proven.

What Swift and WagonR misses out, and NEXA cars like Baleno (along with Arena cars like Ciaz and Brezza) gains is Suzuki TECT body. As claimed by the brand - Suzuki's Total Effective Control Technology results in effective absorption and dispersion of crash energy, and this could very well improve the NCAP ratings.

So we can't really predict the Baleno's crash rating based on the earlier results from Swift. (Even though most of these cars are on the same platform).

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4591031)
What Swift and WagonR misses out, and NEXA cars like Baleno (along with Arena cars like Ciaz and Brezza) gains is Suzuki TECT body. As claimed by the brand - Suzuki's Total Effective Control Technology results in effective absorption and dispersion of crash energy, and this could very well improve the NCAP ratings.

So we can't really predict the Baleno's crash rating based on the earlier results from Swift. (Even though most of these cars are on the same platform).

Well, you could predict!

Let me quote the official team bhp review

Quote:

The Swift is based on the HEARTECT platform, which underpins the Baleno as well as the Dzire. With this lightweight platform, it weighs just 855 - 985 kg depending upon the variant. For the record, the older car weighed 965 - 1060 kg. That is quite a reduction! As expected, the low weight is reflected in the build of the car.
So, the TECT is part of HEARTECT and that resulted in a poor rating of 2 in Global NCAP result.

The below URL has Maruti proudly talking about cars on 'HeartAttack' platform :uncontrol

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...ology/heartect

Quote:

HEARTECT is a new generation platform designed for passenger protection; delivering enhanced collision safety, rigidity and Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) performance. It is achieved by using ultra high tensile steel and a smooth, continuous frame that uniformly disperses impact energy, thereby mitigating damage to the car and its occupants.

Don’t want to go :OT but when’s the Maruti Corolla coming. Just curious?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4591021)
Euro NCAP had awarded 4 stars to the Suzuki Baleno with safety pack.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/top-varia...rating-1397692

No point in looking in EURO NCAP score for Baleno given that the Indian swift scored a paltry 2 stars in GNCAP. Baleno hasn't been tested in GNCAP but given that Swift and Baleno share the same platform and built I would be surprised if it scores any better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4591054)
No point in looking in EURO NCAP score for Baleno given that the Indian swift scored a paltry 2 stars in GNCAP. Baleno hasn't been tested in GNCAP but given that Swift and Baleno share the same platform and built I would be surprised if it scores any better!

Maruti Suzuki says that Nexa cars have Suzuki Tect body which isn't there on cars sold through Arena except Brezza. Brezza with Tect body scored 4/5 stars in GNCAP, so it's highly possible that Baleno might score at least one star more than Swift which also gets Heartec platform but misses out on Suzuki Tect. By the way, when is the crash test for Baleno scheduled? Any idea on that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshGtR (Post 4591061)
Maruti Suzuki says that Nexa cars have Suzuki Tect body which isn't there on cars sold through Arena except Brezza. Brezza with Tect body scored 4/5 stars in GNCAP, so it's highly possible that Baleno might score at least one star more than Swift which also gets Heartec platform but misses out on Suzuki Tect. By the way, when is the crash test for Baleno scheduled? Any idea on that?

To be honest I don't buy what Maruti says. Brezza is based on a totally a different and sturdier platform which was quite evident with its GNCAP score. Let's hope Baleno proves to be a safer bet when compared to Swift. No idea on when Baleno will be tested.

Another POV is this - Indian made i20 which is supposedly a better built car than a Baleno/Swift also scored a 3.