Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 20:02   #436
BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Today I saw the blue and red hatched eggs near Kalina (Mumbai). Unbelievable innovation and most anticipated car launch!

Eagerly awaiting the official review. I can only wonder how long (or short) it's going to be. Because the prime focus is the 7 logos!

I think it would go like this: The review only considers the quality of the logos. For everything else, please refer to the Maruti Baleno official review.
avdhesh15 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 23:20   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

An update from a friend who is working close quarters at production/operations level regarding this Glanza.

Initial orders from the Suzuki plant was for 2500 units. All of this stock has already been allotted/consumed from the Toyota's inventory. So it may not be a bad runner for Toyota after all with literally no investment at all.

Coming months will tell if this will sustain.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 00:29   #438
BHPian

Went to do some Catchin' on the Hatchin' car from Toyota...

Thought it'd be fun to find some difference or a hidden Suzuki logo somewhere in the Balen'errr Glanza !!

even checked the no. of blanks

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img_20190608_182553-3.jpg

But, No.. the Car is ditto same and a lot of effort has gone to remove any logo or reference to Suzuki from the Car! I couldn't find nothing...

The T logo definitely has some psychological weight and the car now felt premium Dare say the Yaris Interiors felt lacklusture..

Check out the quality chrome package

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-chromeglanza.jpg

and the funky demo car with skirting and stickers

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img_20190608_185915-2.jpg

Leading the Pack for Toyota Now :-

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img_20190608_171700-2.jpg

Wonder how the line-up will look after the Brezza, Ciaz and Ertiga also join the party ???

Last edited by Moto$apien : 9th June 2019 at 00:45.
Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 08:58   #439
BHPian

Is this the first car in the mass market to launch with BS6? And by any chance, the sheet metal thickness is improved or still a tin can?
Old 9th June 2019, 10:01   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Is this the first car in the mass market to launch with BS6? And by any chance, the sheet metal thickness is improved or still a tin can?
Hi, I think this will be the first car with BS6 engine.
As for the sheet metal thickness - whatever I have read in the print and electronic media, Toyota will be picking up vehicles as is from MSIL. They have plans to manufacture these products later on in their Bidadi plant.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:09   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Is this the first car in the mass market to launch with BS6?
No, Baleno BS6 (in petrol) was launched in April 2019. Glanza uses the same engine.

Related thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4578429 (Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched)
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:12   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
No, Baleno BS6 (in petrol) was launched in April 2019. Glanza uses the same engine.

Related thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4578429 (Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched)
So technically the first car to be powered by the BS6 compatible engine given everything is same except for the logo.
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 16:30   #443
MMV
BHPian

Disclaimer upfront: I don't want or intend to sound judgemental. Aim is to share thoughts/observations after going through majority posts till date and continue the discussion.

- People feel happy when they get something cheaper than existing product, irrespective of independently evaluating or not whether the existing product on its merits.
In this case (Glanza, Baleno) , pricing was the main discussion point. Build quality and durability of MS (be it NCAP ratings or numerous WA fwds or posts in this forum) have not been top notch. Yaris a superior product in its segment (on most counts) was not successful with the reason attributed to overpricing (that too by less than a lac or less than 10% of its overall price). It's a seperate point to ponder on whether Toyota evaluated safety and durability while re-badging, waiting for the official review to clarify this.

- Does Indian car buyer look for value for money as defined by media /popular perception than looking for actual useful features ranking it by critical, essential and optional when buying cars.

- Has Toyota diluted it's philosophy and started playing to market tunes based on their experience in sub 10lac market
MMV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 16:46   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
- People feel happy when they get something cheaper than existing product, irrespective of independently evaluating or not whether the existing product on its merits.
In this case (Glanza, Baleno) , pricing was the main discussion point.
That is mainly because we all know how greedy Toyota got with Yaris, which is otherwise a really good car. It is hard to sustain with a product without pricing it reasonably in a highly competitive segment. They got away with Innova and I'm waiting for some manufacturer to give it a really tough time at least now.
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 19:21   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Glanza launched at Ranchi, pricelist attached:

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0015.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0016.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0017.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0022.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0014.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0018.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0019.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0020.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-img20190609wa0021.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GLANZA PRICE LIST.xlsx.pdf (110.3 KB, 592 views)
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 09:08   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They already did that when they made Etios/Liva. It is not new for them!
I would like to disagree with the above statement on Etios/Liva. I booked a Liva on the launch day and after nearly 8 years, I don't regret my decision. Yes, the interior could have been better, but it is a very practical and reliable car. The cumulative maintenance cost of my car is much lower than the cost of maintaining my 7 year 100cc bike and half of the maintenance cost incurred on my Santro car during the 5 years of ownership prior to upgrading to Liva.
DImPo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 09:39   #447
Senior - BHPian

Post the price announcement the bashing seems to have toned down substantially and suddenly the Glanza seems acceptable?

Am afraid if this works out for toyota, we can kiss goodbye to the otherwise structurally safer cars(Liva,Etios) from this brand as well and the lineup will probably have most of the Maruti cars(Baleno, Ignis, Ciaz?) with the T badge upto 12/13L. Won't blame them as they are here to do business and probably going by Maruti's stellar numbers they too would be thinking why bother providing them structurally-stable products when all they care about is mileage and resale.

Am still OK with them thinking this way, but what I am scared of is, if this becomes successful, other manufacturers will either follow suit or just exit the market

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th June 2019 at 09:44.
SoumenD is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 11:11   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post

Eagerly awaiting the official review. I can only wonder how long (or short) it's going to be. Because the prime focus is the 7 logos!

Why even waste time over the review quality of the logo That logo has stuck well right from a Qualis to the Yaris lineup. Only thing would be is to watch out for any hidden easter eggs as it says hatching soon.

Last edited by SmartCat : 10th June 2019 at 16:24. Reason: minor typo
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:18   #449
BANNED

Who makes Toyota logos fixed on Glanzas? Suzuki? Or does Toyota source and then hand over to Suzuki?
Old 10th June 2019, 14:29   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Who makes Toyota logos fixed on Glanzas? Suzuki? Or does Toyota source and then hand over to Suzuki?
It must be Suzuki. Much better for them to manage the supply chain.
Toyota will pick fully built cars.
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks